Subject: [manet] QualNet ad hoc protocol animations and simulation exercises

From: Chien-Chung Shen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:49:20 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings,

  We are happy to announce the availability of a set of
  instruction aids developed using the QualNet simulator.

  The instruction aids consist of two components:
    o animations of ad hoc networking protocols, which let people
      visualize protocol operations to better comprehend the basic
      concepts, and
    o simulation exercises, which help people learn how to use
      existing and develop new simulation models, step-by-step,
      using the QualNet simulator.

  An initial set of animated ad hoc networking protocols (such as DSR,
  AODV, LAR, ODMRP, IEEE 802.11) have been developed.

  Although the QualNet simulator (and its academic version GloMoSim
  from UCLA) was originally developed for scalable simulation of
  mobile wireless networks, it does equally well for simulating
  (wired) Internet based protocols.  Following Kurose and Ross' textbook
  "Computer Networking, a top down approach featuring the Internet"
  (2nd edition), we have developed a sequence of simulation exercises
  that use the QualNet simulator to help people learn the book materials,
  the simulator, and simulation model development methodology.

  The simulation exercises and protocol animations are publically
  available from

    http://www.cis.udel.edu/~degas/QUALNET

  Comments are welcome and could be sent to [email-masked].

Chien-Chung Shen

ps. Academic institutions could obtain QualNet for free by contacting
    www.qualnet.com or www.scalable-networks.com.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet