Subject: [manet] Problem installing tk8.3.2

From: Er Inn Inn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 21:07:31 +0800 (SGT)

Hi guys,

    I have downloaded tk8.3.2.tar.gz and tried to install it in my
machine. However, I met the following problem when I tried to
configure tk8.3.2:

checking for X... (cached) no
checking for X11 header files... couldn't find any!
checking for X11 libraries... checking for XCreateWindow in -lXwindow...
(cached) no
couldn't find any!  Using -lX11.

     And when I tried to make the files, the following error appeared:
 ...
 ...
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:661: Error: symbol `dy' is already defined
{standard input}:667: Error: symbol `dx' is already defined
{standard input}:714: Error: symbol `q' is already defined
{standard input}:720: Error: symbol `p' is already defined
{standard input}:726: Error: symbol `q' is already defined
{standard input}:732: Error: symbol `q' is already defined
make: *** [tk3d.o] Error 1

      I guess the problem is with the X11 header files and libraries that
I failed to find... But I don't know how to solve this problem.
Forget to mention that my system is running on Redhat Linux 9.0.
X11R6 folder is under /usr. There is a symbolic link named X11 in
/usr/lib. Really need help badly! Thanks in advance!

regards,
inn inn

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet