Subject: [manet] SASN'03: Call for Participation

From: Vipin Swarup <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:35:55 -0400

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

  2003 ACM Workshop on Security of Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks (SASN)

     In conjunction with the 10th ACM Conference on Computer and
		    Communications Security (CCS)

			   October 31, 2003
		       George Mason University
			     Fairfax, VA

		      http://www.cs.gmu.edu/sasn
		       Sponsored by ACM SIGSAC

	  Registration is available via the ACM CCS website
	      http://www.acm.org/sigs/sigsac/ccs/CCS2003

-----------------------------------------------------------------
                   TECHNICAL PROGRAM
-----------------------------------------------------------------

8:30-8:45am:  Opening Remarks
Vipin Swarup and Sanjeev Setia (Workshop Co-Chairs)

8:45-10:00am:  Session 1: Ad Hoc Networks

* A Security Design for a General Purpose, Self-Organizing,
  Multihop Ad Hoc Wireless Network.
  Tom Messerges (Motorola Labs, USA), Johnas Cukier (Mitsubishi Labs,
  USA), Tom A.M. Kevenaar (Philips Electronics, Netherlands), Larry
  Puhl (Motorola Labs, USA), Rene Struik (Certicom, Canada), and Ed
  Callaway (Motorola Labs, USA)

* Modeling Vulnerabilities of Ad Hoc Routing Protocols.
  Shahan Yang and John S. Baras (University of Maryland, College Park,
  USA)

* SECTOR: Secure Tracking of Node Encounters in Multi-hop Wireless
  Networks.
  Srdjan Capkun, Levente Buttyan, and Jean-Pierre Hubaux
  (EPFL, Switzerland)

10:00-10:20:  Break

10:20-11:35am:  Session 2: Authentication

* Identity Certified Authentication for Ad-hoc Networks.
  Andre Weimerskirch (Ruhr-University, Germany) and Dirk Westhoff (NEC
  Labs, Germany)

* An Approach to Certificate Path Discovery in Mobile Ad Hoc
  Networks.
  He Huang (North Carolina State University, USA) and S. Felix Wu
  (University of California, Davis, USA)

* A certificate revocation scheme for wireless ad hoc networks.
  Claude Crepeau and Carlton R. Davis (McGill University, Canada)

11:35-11:45:  Break

11:45-12:45pm:  Invited Keynote Talk:  David Wagner (University of
		California, Berkeley, USA)

12:45-1:45pm:  Lunch

1:45-2:00pm:  Invited Talk: Cliff Wang (U.S. Army Research Office)

2:00-3:15pm:  Session 3: Sensor Networks

* Random Key Assignment for Secure Wireless Sensor Networks.
  Roberto Di Pietro, Luigi V. Mancini, and Alessandro Mei (University
  of Rome "La Sapienza", Italy)

* Location-Based Pairwise Key Establishment for Static Sensor Networks.
  Donggang Liu and Peng Ning (North Carolina State University, USA)

* Security Support for In-Network Processing in Wireless Sensor
  Networks.
  Jing Deng, Richard Han, and Shivakant Mishra (University of
  Colorado, Boulder, USA)

3:15-3:35:  Break

3:35-4:50pm:  Session 4: Secure Group Management

* Secure Multicast Groups on Ad Hoc Networks.
  T. Kaya, G. Lin, G. Noubir, A. Yilmaz (Northeastern University, USA)

* Admission Control in Peer-to-Peer: Design and Performance Evaluation.
  Nitesh Saxena, Gene Tsudik, and Jeong Hyun Yi (University of
  California, Irvine, USA)

* Secure Long Term Communities In Ad Hoc Networks.
  Nicolas Prigent (Thomson Research & Supelec, France), Christophe
  Bidan (Supelec, France), Jean-Pierre Andreaux (Thomson Research,
  France), and Olivier Heen (Thomson Research, France)

4:50-5:00:  Break

5:00-5:50pm:  Session 5: Intrusion Detection

* A Specification-Based Intrusion Detection System For AODV.
  Chin-Yang Tseng, Poornima Balasubramanyam, Calvin Ko, Rattapon
  Limprasittiporn, Jeff Rowe, and Karl Levitt (University of
  California, Davis and Network Associates Labs, USA)

* A Cooperative Intrusion Detection System for Ad Hoc Networks.
  Yi-an Huang and Wenke Lee (Georgia Tech, USA)

---------------------------------------------------------
                         ORGANIZERS
---------------------------------------------------------

Workshop Co-Chairs:

    Vipin Swarup, The MITRE Corporation
    Sanjeev Setia, George Mason University

Program Committee:

    Virgil Gligor, University of Maryland at College Park
    Zygmunt Haas, Cornell University
    Jean-Pierre Hubaux, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne
    Brian Levine, University of Massachusetts at Amherst
    Songwu Lu, University of California at Los Angeles
    Luigi Mancini, University of Rome "La Sapienza"
    Peng Ning, North Carolina State University
    Adrian Perrig, Carnegie Mellon University
    Radha Poovendran, University of Washington at Seattle
    Emilia Rosti, University of Milan
    David Wagner, University of California at Berkeley

============================================================ 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet