Subject: [manet] SOS, simulation problem (fwd)

From: Teng Kang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 23:35:37 +0100 (BST)

Dear all:

For more than one week I have been dealing with the simulation of a mac
protocol, which is coded by someone. I compiled it successfully and
have set proper conditions in config.in and app.conf, but when I run
it, the problem like below always occur:

Partition 1 (0 2) has range (0, 0) to (0, 0): 20 nodes
Current Sim Time[s] =    0.000000000  Real Time[s] =    1  Completed  0%
glomosim: ../mac/My802_11.pc:3269: Assertion `myInterfaceIndex !=
interfaceIndex' failed.

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
0x42029331 in kill () from /lib/i686/libc.so

I checked the radio range and it poped out the following information:

The GLOMO_MacInit of Node 0 is called for 0 number of times, and its
interfaceNumber is 0 and radioNumber is  0
The MAC selected for interfaceNumber 0 is A802.11
Node 0 in MAC_INIT 1111111111111111111111  using interfaceIndex 0
radio range: 376.782m
Execution time :   0.0453 sec
Number of events (including timeouts) processed : 0
Number of messages processed : 0
Number of context switches occurred : 6
Number of Local NULL messages sent : 0
Number of Remote NULL messages sent : 0
Total Number of NULL messages sent : 0

My terrain range set to 500*500 with uniform nodeplacement, so this means
the radio range is set correctly. And then I changed the other conditions
in "config.in" and "app.conf" accordingly but also encountered the same
problem.

In addition, this mac protocol can be runned correctly by its author and
we set the same conditions and all use Linux redhat 7.3. I am afraid
that I might set something wrong at somewhere, which is ignored. If you
have some similar experience like this, please give me some advice.

MANY THANKS INDEED FOR YOUR REPLY AND KINDNESS!!!!!

Best regards

Teng

--------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send an email to
"[email-masked]" with "signoff glomosim-users-l"
as the first line of the BODY of the email.

________________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email
Security System. For more information on a proactive email security
service working around the clock, around the globe, visit
http://www.messagelabs.com
________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email
Security System. For more information on a proactive email security
service working around the clock, around the globe, visit
http://www.messagelabs.com
________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet