Subject: [manet] Implimentation of Blackhole Node in Glomosim

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:32:05 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

  Has anybody implemented "Blackhole nodes" in Glomosim.

  BlackHole Node: A maliscious node which drops all data packets resulting
  in a Denial of Service attack.

  I am trying to simulate DoS attack on ad-hoc networks and was interested
  in knowing if anybody has already worked on it or anything similar to
  that.

  Aslo, is there any other way of making specific nodes drop all data
  packets, within the current simulation.

  Any related info is appreciated. Thanks.

  Sanjay

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Panagiotis (Panos) Papadimitratos" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:10:50 -0400 (EDT)

Sanjay,

please see the following two papers -

P. Papadimitratos and Z.J. Haas. "Secure Data Transmission in Mobile Ad
Hoc Networks." Second ACM Workshop on Wireless Security (WiSe'03), in
conjunction with ACM MobiCom 2003, Atlanta, GA, September 19, 2003.

P. Papadimitratos and Z.J. Haas. "Secure Message Transmission in Mobile Ad
Hoc Networks." Elsevier Ad Hoc Networks Journal, vol. 1, no. 1, July 2003

We propose and experiment with protocols to secure the data transmission
against denial of service attacks.

You can download the papers from the WNL website - wnl.ece.cornell.edu

Best,

Panos

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 20:01:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

  For a networking class, I did an implementation of the "blackhole node"
for AODV in ns-2 along with an implementation of a watchdog mechanism
for AODV to detect and route around these nodes.

    I will be happy to send you the code and the project report. Please
let me know.

Thanks.

-- 
sherif