Subject: [manet] announce: ATEMU: Sensor Network Emulator/Simulator/Debugger

From: Manish Karir <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:59:20 -0500

All,

We would like to announce the availability of ATEMU: Sensor Network 
Emulator/Simulator/Debugger.

Atemu is a software emulator for AVR processor based systems. Along with 
support for the AVR processor, it also includes support for other 
peripheral devices on the MICA2 sensor node platform such as the radio. 
Atemu can be used to perform high fidelity large scale sensor network 
emulation studies in a controlled environment. In addition, the atemu 
package can also be used in an educational environment to facilitate 
experimentation with sensor networks, without requiring the purchase of 
expensive sensor node hardware. It also offers a solution around the 
logistical difficulties of conducting experiments with large numbers of 
physical devices. Atemu can be directly used by developers of TinyOS 
related software as it is binary compatible with the MICA2 hardware. 
Though the current release only includes support for MICA2 hardware, it 
can be easily extended to include other sensor node platforms. It allows 
for the use of heterogeneous sensor nodes in the same sensor network. 
The atemu distribution consists of two components: the atemu emulator 
core, and the xatdb graphical debugger.

The software and the tutorial can be accessed from: 
http://www.isr.umd.edu/CSHCN/research/atemu/

This is ongoing work, and we would be very grateful for any comments and 
suggestions on how to make it better and more useful.
Comments,suggestions and bugs should be directed at [email-masked]

thanks
ATEMU Developers
CSHCN
University of Maryland

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet