Subject: [manet] UoB-JAdhoc release - AODV implementation in Java

From: "Koojana Kuladinithi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:32:55 +0200

Hello All, 

We are glad to announce that we have completed the implementation of
UoB-JAdhoc-0.1, an AODV protocol handler compliant to RFC 3561, released
under the GPL. Source code can be found in www.aodv.org under downloads.

The idea behind this implementation is for it to be able to run on any
operating system. It requires the services of a packet capture interface and
a simple class to be implemented, to work on a given operating
system. We have implemented the classes required for Linux and Windows. We
have tested this protocol handler in Linux and Windows 2000 (under specific
conditions).

We have modularized this code in such a way that the packet capture/send and
the routing environment manipulation parts can be substituted with any other
code depending on the operating system to be used. The rest of the code,
that includes the many timers required by AODV, are in Java,
making it possible to work on any environment that has the JVM. So even if
this does not work as is for a particular OS, you still can hack the code to
suit you.

We provide some basic documentation with the download. The code is
documented to a greater degree and these are javadoc compliant.

So without much ado, we request you to try this protocol handler and let us
know your ideas or bugs or whatever that you think about it.

Please email your queries to the [email-masked]'
list or the given email addresses in the README of the download.  

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Koojana  

University of Bremen
FB 1 - IKOM/ComNets
Koojana Kuladinithi BSc, MSc
Otto-Hahn-Allee NW 1
28359 Bremen - Germany

Tel.: +49 421 218 8264, Fax: +49 421 218 3601, Mobile: +49 160 2690070
Email: [email-masked]  
[email-masked] 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet