Subject: [manet] Call for Papers: Workshop on TCP and MAC Protocols in Wireless and Wired Networks

From: "Ankur Jain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:21:01 +0700

Please accept our apologies in case you receive this information from
multiple sources.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WORKSHOP ON TCP AND MAC PROTOCOLS IN WIRELESS AND WIRED NETWORKS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[In conjunction with The First International Conference on E-Business
and Telecommunication Networks: IEEE and ACM SIGMIS]

August 24, 2004 - Setúbal, Portugal

Website: http://www.icete.org/index2.htm

THEME:
******

TCP protocol based applications dominate the Internet service. Many
popular applications such as FTP, E-mail, Usenet news, Telnet and Rlogin
are such examples.  Though many improvements have been made over TCP
protocols, there are still many problems.  For instance, many TCP
schemes exhibit high variability of transmission rate which may limit
network utilization.  Furthermore, previous TCP schemes were designed
for fixed Internet and have encountered significant performance
degradation over wireless networks.  The interaction between MAC
protocols and TCP performance is less understood. Application to
satellite link can also suffer sever performance limitations.
 
This workshop will focus on current developments in modeling,
simulation, and design of TCP and MAC protocols.  Case studies are
welcome. The workshop will provide a forum for practitioners,
researchers to exchange ideas.  Full papers that contain original
quality work that has not been published or submitted elsewhere are
invited. Submissions are sought to cover (but not limited to) the
following topics:
 
* Analytical Modeling of TCP and MAC Protocols
* Congestion Control
* TCP Performance over Wireless Networks
* Voice over IP
* Network Security
* Simulation and Experimental Case Study
* New TCP and MAC Protocols
* Enhancement and Modifications to TCP/MAC

IMPORTANT DEADLINES
********************
 
Submission of papers to the workshop: April 15, 2004
Author notification                 : May 5, 2004
Camera-ready submission             : May 15, 2004
Date of workshop                    : August 24, 2004

SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
*********************

The submitted full paper will go through a “blind” review process with
at least two reviewers.  Detailed submission procedure follow the same
rules provided in ICETE conference http://www.icete.org/index2.htm.
Accepted papers will be published in the workshop proceedings with an
ISBN number.

CONTACT
********
 
DR. JIANKUN HU

Workshop Chair
School of Computer Science and Information Technology
RMIT University
Australia

Tel: +61 3 99259793
Fax: +61 3 96621617

Email:  [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet