Subject: [manet] I-D ACTION:draft-cha-manet-extended-support-globalv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:31:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extended Support for Global Connectivity for IPv6 Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
	Author(s)	: H. Cha, J. Park, H. Kim
	Filename	: draft-cha-manet-extended-support-globalv6-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-10-23
	
This document describes how to provide enhanced Internet connectivity
to mobile ad hoc networks. To achieve this goal, we borrow the
concept of Mobile IPv6 and make the most use of available multiple
gateways. Specifically, our scheme makes a global address being used
by Upper layer reachable by peer Internet node by registering another
global address as a locator with corresponding gateway for the
address being cared while the gateway can not obtain host route
information for the cared address because of frequent partitions.
We introduce stateful auto-configuration for acquisition of global
address in mobile ad-hoc networks because it can avoid duplicate
address problem and help prevent traffics from going outside a manet
or unnecessary control traffic by route discovery of reactive routing
protocols from being issued. In addition, it can support for our
scheme since our scheme requires some security guarantee to register
a locator with a gateway as Mobile IPv6 requires for Binding Updates.

Basically, our extended support and stateful configuration of global
address are devised to extend AODV, but the concept is also
applicable for proactive routing protocols such as OLSR, TBRPF.
Further, our extended support can be useful for a mobile node(MN) in
Mobile IPv6 to maintain its reachability from the Internet by
utilizing multi-hop manet extension as a virtual link since it can
help determine intelligently when current CoA should be changed and
Binding Update with new CoA be performed while it can make the
current CoA reachable from Internet even when the GW which assigned
the CoA is not reachable from the manet node any more.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cha-manet-extended-support-globalv6-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cha-manet-extended-support-globalv6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cha-manet-extended-support-globalv6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "HyunWook Cha" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:13:54 +0900

Hello, folks.

As far as I know, research works have been performed in Internet
connectivity for MANETs continueously until now.
I think that MANET wg members also consider this issue as important one
to be addressed in the working group.
My question is if this issue will be discussed in the 58th IETF meeting
or not.

Regardless of answer for the above question, I request comments or
advices for the following draft submitted by me.

Regards,

HyunWook Cha

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2003 12:31 AM
To: IETF-Announce:
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [manet] I-D
ACTION:draft-cha-manet-extended-support-globalv6-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Extended Support for Global Connectivity for
IPv6 Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
	Author(s)	: H. Cha, J. Park, H. Kim
	Filename	:
draft-cha-manet-extended-support-globalv6-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-10-23
	
This document describes how to provide enhanced Internet connectivity to
mobile ad hoc networks. To achieve this goal, we borrow the concept of
Mobile IPv6 and make the most use of available multiple gateways.
Specifically, our scheme makes a global address being used by Upper
layer reachable by peer Internet node by registering another global
address as a locator with corresponding gateway for the address being
cared while the gateway can not obtain host route information for the
cared address because of frequent partitions. We introduce stateful
auto-configuration for acquisition of global address in mobile ad-hoc
networks because it can avoid duplicate address problem and help prevent
traffics from going outside a manet or unnecessary control traffic by
route discovery of reactive routing protocols from being issued. In
addition, it can support for our scheme since our scheme requires some
security guarantee to register a locator with a gateway as Mobile IPv6
requires for Binding Updates.

Basically, our extended support and stateful configuration of global
address are devised to extend AODV, but the concept is also applicable
for proactive routing protocols such as OLSR, TBRPF. Further, our
extended support can be useful for a mobile node(MN) in Mobile IPv6 to
maintain its reachability from the Internet by utilizing multi-hop manet
extension as a virtual link since it can help determine intelligently
when current CoA should be changed and Binding Update with new CoA be
performed while it can make the current CoA reachable from Internet even
when the GW which assigned the CoA is not reachable from the manet node
any more.

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cha-manet-extended-support-globalv6-00.txt