Subject: Re: [manet] Need input for choosing a simulation package

From: Chien-Chung Shen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 08:54:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 [email-masked] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am currently looking into simulating directional antenna
					 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
QualNet provides very good physical layer models of
directional antenna.

To learn QualNet, please visit www.cis.udel.edu/~degas/QUALNET...

We also have the following papers on directional antenna which
used QualNet to conduct simulation study.

  Chaiporn Jaikaeo and Chien-Chung Shen. Multicast Communication
  in Ad hoc Networks with Directional Antennas. In Proceedings of
  12th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks
  (ICCCN), Dallas, Texas, October 20--22 2003.

  Zhuochuan Huang, Chien-Chung Shen, Chavalit Srisathapornphat,
  and Chaiporn Jaikaeo. Topology Control for Ad hoc Networks with
  Directional Antennas. In Proceedings of 11th International Conference
  on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN), Miami, Florida,
  October 14--16 2002.

  Chavalit Srisathapornphat and Chien-Chung Shen.
  Energy Consumption Behavior and Performance of Directional
  Virtual Carrier Sensing Schemes. In Proceedings of IEEE Wireless
  Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), New Orleans,
  Louisiana, March 16--20 2003.

  Zhuochuan Huang and Chien-Chung Shen. A Comparison Study of
  Omnidirectional and Directional MAC Protocols for Ad Hoc Networks.
  In Proceedings of IEEE Globecom 2002, Taipei, Taiwan, Nov. 17-21 2002.

  Zhuochuan Huang, Chien-Chung Shen, Chavalit Srisathapornphat,
  and Chaiporn Jaikaeo. A Busy-tone Based Directional MAC Protocol
  for Ad Hoc Networks. In Proceedings of IEEE MILCOM, Anaheim,
  California, October 7-10 2002.

Chien-Chung

> for MANETs.  From the academic literature, I get the
> impression that Qualnet/Glomosim, OPNET and sometimes
> NS-2 have been used by various groups for simulating
> routing protocols using directional communication.
>
> I would very much appreciate any advice/comments/opinion
> on which simulation package might be the best for my
> purpose.
>
> Thanks,
> Jayanthi Rao

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet