Subject: [manet] gateway handoffs in internet gateway support for manet's

From: Vin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 07:42:22 -0800 (PST)

Hi.Can anyone point me to any implementation of
Internet Gateway support in Manet's,where the
gateway's are switched(or handoff you can say) in the
middle of simulation? 
I am trying to do something like that in NS2 and am
wondering how to setup my traffic connection file. The
problem is that i cant give a static connection
file,as i dont know if and when gateways will need to
be switched.

One way would be to specify the end points(manet node
and corresponding node,CN, on internet) and leave it
to the routing protocol.But I am trying to just focus
on the manet side plus gateways and not on CN's on the
internet and would be better if i can do things
witohut involving CN's.
Look forward to some useful tips.

Thanks in advance,
Vinod

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard - Read only the mail you want.
http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "HyunWook Cha" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:31:15 +0900

Hello, Vinod.

Handoff between MANET gateways can be resolved by the same way in Mobile
IP since MANET nodes configure global addresses from gateway
advs,(Potentially all nodes may be in one subnet.)  So, actual gateway
switch occurs dynamically, though you can force that simulation codes do
it at the time you want (invoking NS2 agent's method related to handoff
from script side. )

[snip]
> internet and would be better if i can do things

To preserve end to end ongoing session between a MANET node and CN, a
registration mechanism is needed, in which the MANET node registers its
new address affiliated in new gateway(say NG) with current gateway(say
OG). This is similar to the home registration. For implemation of this,
interoperation of MIP and MANET routing protcols can be applied. (I know
a lot of papers from this approaches.) Though there are much room to be
complemented, my I-D proposed pure reactive method for reactive routing
protocols. In this version, my idea is designe to extend AODV routing
protocol but I will propose light registration protocol separated from
routing protocol in revised version. I think that this can help in case
of macro-mobility in which MIP-MANET mechanism is needed. (You can refer
at following URL ;
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cha-manet-extended-support-glo
balv6-00.txt ) 

Regards,

HyunWook
       
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of Vin
> Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 12:42 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [manet] gateway handoffs in internet gateway support 
> for manet's
> 
> 
>