Subject: [manet] About Analysis of routing Protocol in MANET

From: "Karun Verma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 10:09:07 +0530

Dear all,

     Can anybody tell me what are the parameters i should consider to 
evaluate performance of various protocols in MANET. i have done simulation 
of AODV, DSR, DSDV and TORA. Please tell me how to proceed in the evaluation 
of these protocols so that i could get a conclusion on which protocol is 
best suited for what environment. the simulations are done on varying loads, 
Scalability and other issues. thanx in advance.

############################################

#                              Karun Verma                                   
      #

###########################################

_________________________________________________________________
Contact brides & grooms FREE! http://www.shaadi.com/ptnr.php?ptnr=hmltag 
Only on www.shaadi.com. Register now!

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Tao Lin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 02:13:56 -0500

Hi Karun,

You may refer to the relay node set (RNS) framework we proposed, which
characterizes MANET routing protocols, including reactive, proactive, and
hybrid or hierarchy protocols, and locates the factors that affect control
overhead in those protocols.  The conference paper that summarizes this RNS
framework is

--  Tao Lin, Scott F. Midkiff and Jahng S. Park, "A Framework for Mobile Ad
Hoc Routing Protocols," in the CD proceeding of IEEE Wireless Communications
and Networking Conference (WCNC) 2003, New Orleans, LA, March 2003.

Using this framework, one may estimate the trends of performance of MANET
routing protocols in terms of control overhead.  Therefore, one can design
proper simulation models which reflect your application environments and
predict the performance of different protocols.

Hope this helps.

 Tao Lin
 Virginia Tech

---

From: Martin Drozda <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:11:39 +0100

You need to consider all usual parameters, and not only these parameters
in isolation but also combinations of these parameters. That means that
there can be cases when e.g. latency depends on a single parameter but
more usual are cases when an output parameters depends on a combination
of input parameters, and this dependency is often very complex. See some
of the papers below, how to estimate dependencies between input
parameters and performance measures.

Christopher L. Barrett, Martin Drozda, Achla Marathe, and Madhav V.
Marathe. Analyzing Interaction Between Network Protocols, Topology and
Traffic in Wireless Radio Networks. Proc. IEEE Wireless Communications
and Networking Conference (WCNC'03), New Orleans, Louisiana, 2003.

Christopher L. Barrett, Martin Drozda, Achla Marathe, and Madhav V.
Marathe. Characterizing the Interaction Between Routing and MAC
Protocols in Ad-Hoc Networks. Proc. The Third ACM International
Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MOBIHOC 2002), June
2002, Lausanne, Switzerland.

Regards,
md

http://www.sim.uni-hannover.de/~drozda