Subject: [manet] *** announcement: BTnode rev3 Hardware

From: Jan Beutel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 11:51:13 +0100

Hello all,

The BTnode is a versatile, autonomous wireless communication and
computing platform based on a Bluetooth radio, a low-power radio and a
microcontroller. It serves as a demonstraton and prototyping platform
for research in mobile and ad hoc connected networks (MANETs) and
distributed sensor networks (WSNs). 

We announce the upcoming BTnode rev3 hardware to be available with first
samples in Q2/2004 and volume availability through a contract
manufacturer thereafter. Pricing will be under USD 100. 

New features for the BTnode rev3 are a new Zeevo ZV4002 Bluetooth
supporting up to 4 independent Piconets and 7 Slaves and an additional
Chipcon CC1000 low-power radio. The system is built around an Atmel
ATmega128l microcontroller with an integrated battery case for 2x AA and
one generic extension connector. The BTnodes can be operated both under
the BTnode System Software and TinyOS.

For further information please refer to the documentation site at

http://www.btnode.ethz.ch

where detailed preview information can be found.

regards,

The BTnode development team

-- 

Jan Beutel                                 [email-masked]
Computer Engineering and Networks Laboratory, ETZ G75
ETH Zurich                              +41 1 632 70 32 Phone
Gloriastrasse 35                          +41 1 632 10 35 Fax
CH 8092 Zurich/Switzerland  http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch/~beutel

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet