Subject: [manet] 802.11 Cards

From: Nandini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 17:27:03 +0530 (IST)

I would like to know of any 802.11 cards in the market whose
firmware code can be tinkered with. Typically, I should be able to
alter the parameters contention window, RTS/CTS logic and other
features of 802.11 protocol.

Would be very grateful if you could suggest any useful pointers in
this direction. Would also appreciate information about signing of NDA
to this effect or payment of money.

Thanks
Nandini

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Jim Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 06:46:53 -0800

> features of 802.11 protocol.

None.

There are several cards in the market that don't have firmware,
however.  Atheros is one well-known one.

-- 
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure."
			-- Aldous Huxley (1894 - 1963)