Subject: [manet] RFC 3684 on Topology Dissemination Based on Reverse-Path Forwarding (TBRPF)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:04:14 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3684

        Title:      Topology Dissemination Based on Reverse-Path
                    Forwarding (TBRPF)
        Author(s):  R. Ogier, F. Templin, M. Lewis
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       February 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      46
        Characters: 107963
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-manet-tbrpf-11.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3684.txt

Topology Dissemination Based on Reverse-Path Forwarding (TBRPF) is a
proactive, link-state routing protocol designed for mobile ad-hoc
networks, which provides hop-by-hop routing along shortest paths to
each destination.  Each node running TBRPF computes a source tree
(providing paths to all reachable nodes) based on partial topology
information stored in its topology table, using a modification of
Dijkstra's algorithm.  To minimize overhead, each node reports only
*part* of its source tree to neighbors.  TBRPF uses a combination of
periodic and differential updates to keep all neighbors informed of
the reported part of its source tree.  Each node also has the option to
report additional topology information (up to the full topology), to
provide improved robustness in highly mobile networks.  TBRPF performs
neighbor discovery using "differential" HELLO messages which report
only *changes* in the status of neighbors.  This results in HELLO
messages that are much smaller than those of other link-state routing
protocols such as OSPF.

This document is a product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group
of the IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.