Subject: [manet] New I-D on requirements for MANET interworking with IP Multicast access networks

From: "Pedro M. Ruiz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 14:32:42 +0100

Dear all,

We've submitted the following Internet-Draft on Requirements for MANET 
Interworking with IP Multicast networks.

This document aims at serving as a base document for the group to agree 
on a common set of requirements that any proposed solution should 
fulfill. It does not describe any particular solution. If fact, there 
may be requirements that I've missed, and may be you do not agree on 
considering some of them as requirements. So, I'd like to hear your 
comments to see if we manage to agree a common set of requirements for 
future solutions.

In particular, I'd like to receive some feedback from those of you who 
are working on the interworking with wired networks (i.e. Charlie 
Perkins, Wakikawa, Jelger, Cha, etc.) because I think that many of your 
assumptions and experience for unicast interworking may also serve as a 
godo input for the multicast attachment problem. If fact, I'd be glad to 
count on any of you in the editing team for the next version of this 
draft, so that it can provide a wider view than my own.

Thanks in advance,

Pedro

-------------

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

    Title        : Requirements for MANET Interworking with Wired 
Multicast Networks
    Author(s)    : P. Ruiz
    Filename    : draft-ruiz-manet-mcast-gw-reqs-00.txt
    Pages        : 11
    Date        : 2004-2-2
    
A Mobile Ad hoc Network (MANET) is formed by the spontaneous   
association of wireless and mobile devices capable of communicating   
among them even when there is no networking infrastructure   available. 
Several unicast Internet gateway mechanisms have been   proposed within 
the IETEF MANET WG. However, the particular nature   of the IP Multicast 
model poses some additional requirements which   need to be satisfied by 
candidate solutions. This document aims at   identifying the 
requirements that a multicast solution for MANET   interworking with a 
fixed IP Multicast network should satisfy.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ruiz-manet-mcast-gw-reqs-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
    "get draft-ruiz-manet-mcast-gw-reqs-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or 
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
    [email-masked].
In the body type:
    "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ruiz-manet-mcast-gw-reqs-00.txt".
    
NOTE:    The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
    MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
    feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
    command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
    a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
    exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
    "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
    up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
    how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ruiz-manet-mcast-gw-reqs-00.txt>

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet