Subject: [manet] CfP: Euromicro 2004 - Special Session on Wireless Sensor Networks

From: matthias hollick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:30:42 +0100

!!! Apologies for any duplicates !!!!

=============================================================

         Special Session on Wireless Sensor Networks

                         EUROMICRO  2004

          Rennes - France, 31 August - 3 September, 2004

    http://www.kom.e-technik.tu-darmstadt.de/euromicro2004/

=============================================================

Sensor networks comprise a large number of low-cost miniaturized 
computers each acting autonomously and equipped with short-range 
wireless communication, limited processing and memory, and a physical 
sensing capability.

Decisions in daily life are based on the accuracy and availability of 
information. Sensor networks can significantly improve the quality of 
the information as well as the ways of gathering it. For example sensor 
networks can help to get higher fidelity information, acquire 
information in real time, get hard-to-obtain information and reduce the 
cost of getting information. Therefore it is assumed that sensor 
networks will be applied in many different areas in the future. 
Application areas might be production surveillance, traffic management, 
environmental supervision, medical care or military applications.

One of the most important part of a wireless sensor network is the 
communication between the nodes. The character of the communication used 
in a wireless sensor network has a huge impact on the usability of a 
sensor network. For example, the lifetime of a sensor network in which 
single nodes are battery-powered is essentially influenced by the used 
communication patterns. Therefore a lot of research in wireless sensor 
networks is currently focused on the communication aspect. To be able to 
optimize communication in wireless sensor networks it is important to 
consider all communication layers. The goal of this special session is 
to present and discuss current problems in the various communication layers.

This special session intends to bring together researchers and 
practitioners, working on various communication issues in wireless 
sensor networks. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:

     * Hardware: e.g. transceiver concepts, antenna design
     * Software: e.g. communication stacks in sensor operating systems
     * Protocols: e.g. MAC and link layer protocols, routing and 
transport protocols
     * Operation: e.g. communication related deployment, operation and 
management issues
     * Application: e.g. impact of application scenarios on 
communication patterns

Submission of papers for publication with IEEE/CS:

     * Closing date for submissions: March 1, 2004
     * Acceptance notification: May 3, 2004
     * Camera-ready version: June 9, 2004

Submission of papers for publication with IEEE/CS:
Prospective authors should submit a full paper not exceeding 8 pages or 
6000 words in length and including a 150 word abstract. To facilitate an 
anonymous reviewing process, the first page of the paper should contain 
only the title and abstract. Authors of accepted papers are expected to 
register and present the paper at the Workshop.

Papers must also be addressed to the session chair:
	
Session Chair: 	
Utz Roedig
Mobile & Internet Systems Laboratory (MISL)
Department of Computer Science
University College Cork
College Road, Cork, Ireland
Phone: +353-21-490-3976
Fax : +353-21-427-4390
Email: [email-masked]

Program Committee:
* Matthias Hollick, Darmstadt University of Technology
* Cormac J. Sreenan, University College Cork
* Ian Marshall, University of Canterbury
* Mani Srivastava, University of California

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet