Subject: [manet] Last CFP WWAN 2005, Columbus, Ohio, USA, 6-9 June, 2005

From: "David Simplot-Ryl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 19:21:46 +0100

Please accept our apologies in case you receive this information from
multiple sources.
======================================================================
			LAST CALL FOR PAPERS

			      WWAN 2005
       2nd International Workshop on Wireless Ad Hoc Networking

		   http://www.lifl.fr/RD2P/WWAN2005

		    to be held in conjunction with

	      The 25th IEEE International Conference on
	      Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS-2005)

		 Columbus, Ohio, USA, June 6-9, 2005

		http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/icdcs05
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Purpose

  Wireless networks and mobile computing research has until recently
  concentrated on single-hop networks (network nodes communicating
  directly to a fixed infrastructure), such as cellular or satellite
  systems.  Wireless ad hoc networking covers multi-hop scenarios
  (network nodes communicating via other network nodes) such as
  conference, hospital, battlefield, rescue, and monitoring
  scenarios. Wireless ad-hoc networks are formed by a set of hosts
  that communicate with each other over a wireless channel. Each node
  has the ability to communicate directly with another node in its
  physical neighborhood. They operate in a self-organized and
  decentralized manner and message communication takes place via
  multi-hop spreading. A packet is sent to its target node through a
  set of intermediate nodes that act as routers. Particular ad hoc
  network systems include packet radio networks, sensor networks,
  personal communication systems, rooftop networks, and wireless local
  area networks.

  This workshop covers the area of ad hoc networking, from physical
  issues up to applications aspects. In particular, it will cover
  physical, data link, network and transport layers, as well as
  applications, security, simulation and power management issues in
  sensor, local area, personal, and mobile ad hoc networks. It is the
  goal of this workshop to review ad hoc protocols and models and to
  reflect the latest in the state of the art in ad hoc networks. It
  seeks to provide up to date information on research and development
  activities in the rapidly growing area of ad hoc networks.

  The first edition of WWAN held last year during ICDCS-2004 (Tokyo,
  Japan) was organized by David Simplot-Ryl and Ivan Stojmenovic. In
  response to the Call for Papers, 42 papers from 20 different
  countries had been submitted. Based on three review reports per
  paper, they was classified as accept, reject or discuss. For those
  papers in the discuss list, additional opinions were sought. As a
  result, a total of 21 papers were selected for presentation at WWAN
  2004 and were organized in 7 sessions.

  Website of this prior workshop: http://www.lifl.fr/RD2P/WWAN2004

Topics of Interest

  We are seeking papers that describe original and unpublished
  contributions addressing various aspects of ad hoc
  networking. Possible topics of interest include, but are not limited
  to:

    - Applications and history of ad hoc networks, 
    - Physical layer of ad hoc networks, 
    - Pervasive and wearable computing, 
    - IEEE 802.11 and Bluetooth based medium access control, 
    - Methods and tools for ad hoc networks simulation, 
    - Analytical, mobility and validation models for ad hoc networks, 
    - Hybrid networks and wireless internet, 
    - Security in ad hoc networks, 
    - Data management issues, query processing, data delivery, 
    - Routing, broadcasting and multicasting in ad hoc networks, 
    - Energy-efficient protocols for ad hoc networks, 
    - Quality of service in medium access control and routing, 
    - Topology construction and maintenance in ad hoc networks.

Paper Submission

  Submit a full paper of about 6 pages (IEEE Computer Society
  proceedings Manuscripts: two column, single-spaced), including
  figures and references, using 10 font size, and number each
  page. Accepted papers will be published by IEEE Computer Society
  Press, as proceedings of the ICDCS'2005 workshops. You can use the
  IEEE Computer Society Press Proceedings Author Guidelines
  (http://computer.org/cspress/instruct.htm).

  Prepare your paper in PDF file only (Adobe format), paper title,
  authors' names, affiliations, postal address, phone, fax, and e-mail
  address of the authors, about 200-250 word abstract, and five
  keywords. Send by mail your submission to both co-chairs
  ([email-masked] and [email-masked]).

Important Dates

  Manuscript Submission: November 12, 2004 
  Acceptance Notification: January 21, 2005 
  Final Manuscript Due: March 1, 2005 

Program Co-Chairs

  Dr. David Simplot
  IRCICA/LIFL, Univ. Lille 1, INRIA Futurs, France
  [email-masked] 

  Dr. Ivan Stojmenovic
  SITE, University of Ottawa, Canada
  [email-masked] 

Program Committee

Michel Barbeau, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada 
Stefano Basagni, Northeastern University, Boston, USA 
Ana Cavalli, INT Evry, France 
Marco Conti, IIT Institute, Pisa, Italy 
Serge Fdida, University of Paris, France 
Laura Marie Feeney, SICS, Kista, Sweden 
Afonso Ferreira, CNRS, France & COST Office, Brussels, Belgium 
Eric Fleury, CITI Lyon, France 
Matthias Frank, University of Bonn, Germany 
Jennifer Hou, University of Illinois, USA 
Keqin Li, State University of New York, USA 
Xiang-Yang Li, Illinois Institute of Technology, USA 
Soung-Chang Liew, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong 
Stéphane Maag, INT Evry, France 
Jelena Misic, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada 
Ingrid Moerman, University of Gent, Belgium 
Amiya Nayak, SITE, University of Ottawa, Canada 
Stephan Olariu, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, USA 
Symeon Papavassiliou, University Heights, Newark, USA 
Pedro Ruiz, University of Murcia, Spain 
Loren Schwiebert, Wayne University, Detroit, USA 
Krishna Sivalingam, University of Maryland Baltimore County, USA 
Ketil Stølen, SINTEF and University of Oslo, Norway 
Takashi Watanabe, Shizuoka University, Japan 
Frédéric Weis, University of Rennes, France 
Jie Wu, Florida Atlantic University, USA

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet