Subject: RE: [manet] Mathematicval distribution of real-time voice transmi ssion!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:06:29 +0100

Hi Raja,

Heve a look at the paper "Modelling Approach for VoIP Traffic Aggregations
for Transferring Tele-traffic Trunks in a QoS enabled IP-Backbone
Environment", from Jorn Seger.
Here the Gamma distribution is mentionned for length of spurts and the
Weibull distribution for length of silence.

	Raphael

-----Message d'origine-----
De : srgopal [mailto:[email-masked]]
Envoye : mardi 16 novembre 2004 06:11
A : [email-masked]
Objet : [manet] Mathematicval distribution of real-time voice
transmission!

Dear all,

Can anyone please tell me what mathematical (probability)
distribution does real-time voice transmissions follow? I am
trying to simulate mobile ad hoc networks for packet voice
transmissions and analyze the call carrying capacity of the
network. I guess that the talk spurt and the silence periods
in a call follow exponential distribution? Isn't it? So for
generation of voice packets i am planning to generate
packets whereby my generator follow an exponential on/off
distribution. Will this emulate real-time packet voice
transmission? And also advice upon how to choose the call
arrival rate and call duration rates? Please answer my
questions. If anybody is working in similar areas please
refer any previous work or publications. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Raja.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet