Subject: [manet] Mathematicval distribution of real-time voice transmission!

From: "srgopal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 23:11:20 -0600

Dear all,

Can anyone please tell me what mathematical (probability)
distribution does real-time voice transmissions follow? I am
trying to simulate mobile ad hoc networks for packet voice
transmissions and analyze the call carrying capacity of the
network. I guess that the talk spurt and the silence periods
in a call follow exponential distribution? Isn't it? So for
generation of voice packets i am planning to generate
packets whereby my generator follow an exponential on/off
distribution. Will this emulate real-time packet voice
transmission? And also advice upon how to choose the call
arrival rate and call duration rates? Please answer my
questions. If anybody is working in similar areas please
refer any previous work or publications. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Raja.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet