Subject: [manet] Multicasting with 802.11e

From: fxbaloch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:42:03 -0600

Hello manet-users,

I was just wondering if anyone knows how does multicast works in 802.11e ad 
hoc networks. For example, if I am using MAODV at the routing layer and 
802.11e on MAC layer, how will the EDCF treat these multicasting packets as 
compared to non multicast packets. In an article I read, it says that in 
802.11e networks, multicast packets are dealt by the Access Point (AP), but if 
we do not have an AP like in ad hoc networks how will these packets be 
transmitted across the network. 
My second question is, in my simulations I am using tkn's 802.11e 
implementation (in ns2) by Professor Sven Wiethölter. Does it support 
multicasting routing protocols?

Please send me any input or articles/papers that could be useful to me.

Thanks
Fariha Baloch

Fariha Baloch
GRA Electrical and Computer Dept.,
Wichita State University.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet