Subject: [manet] Query regarding generation of packet voice in ad hoc network!

From: "srgopal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:06:55 -0600

Dear all,
I am relatively new to ns and so i have problems in figuring
some issues out, kindly help.
I have the following questions regarding the simulation of
ad hoc networks using ns-2, and i appreciate your help in
this regard.

1. When i want to simulate voip in ad hoc network, i am
using the exponential packet generator to generate packet
voice in the network, but should i have this traffic
generator attached to both the nodes or only to one? Since
voice calls are bi-directional; should this traffic
generator be attached to both the nodes involved in calling?
If so, should i start this generator at the same time at
both the nodes or when exactly? Please correct me.

2. And for calculating the bw(bandwidth) at the sink from
each source connected to it as per the Marc Greis tutorial
from his 8th lesson; i got the error saying "bytes_" is not
declared in the procedure record. When i run the tutorial it
was working. So to use it in other tcl scripts should i add
something to any files? Please let me know this.

Kindly let me know these at your earliest. Thanks in advance
to all.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet