Subject: [manet] how to build a benchmark for experimentation for ad hoc network

From: "Kais Mnif" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 20:37:53 +0000

Dear patriots

In our educational laboratory, we like to build an ad hoc network for 
experimentation
we just starting, we like to know if someone can help us to choose hardware 
(product such as switchs routers wireless cards etc. ) and software ! we 
anticipate to use Linux as an operating system.

Any suggestion and help will be appreciated

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Justin Dean <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:14:46 -0500

If you are looking to go cheap you might want to check out our mobile 
network emulator. (MNE) it uses predetermined movement patterns, mac 
filtering, along with a back channel to emulate a movement scenario.  The 
software is free at pf.itd.nrl.navy.mil MNE.  We use laptop computers with 
a wired backchannel and a wireless card each.  But you might even be able 
to use the linux linksys box, which would be cheaper in terms of hardware 
~50 bucks a piece but limited in software because of resorces.

Justin Dean
At 08:37 PM 11/1/2004 +0000, Kais Mnif wrote:
>we just starting, we like to know if someone can help us to choose 
>hardware (product such as switchs routers wireless cards etc. ) and 
>software ! we anticipate to use Linux as an operating system.
>