Subject: [manet] Glomosim in real-time

From: Gerry Holderbeke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 09:31:05 +0100

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone of you has any experience in making discrete-event 
simulators, for example Glomosim or others, run in real time ? Any 
information is welcome !

Thanks in advance,
Gerry

INTEC, Information Technology
University of Ghent
Belgium

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Spiro Trikaliotis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 13:30:24 +0100

Hello,

> simulators, for example Glomosim or others, run in real time ? Any

For ns2, you can find an implementation at
http://www-ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/EuK/forschung/projekte/nse/index.shtml

HTH,
   Spiro.

-- 
Spiro R. Trikaliotis
University of Magdeburg, IVS.EUK, P.O.Box 4120, 39016 Magdeburg, Germany

---

From: Mineo Takai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 17:09:51 -0800

Hello Gerry,

You might find one of our papers interesting:

"MAYA: Integrating Hybrid Network Modeling to the Physical World," 
Junlan Zhou, Zhengrong Ji, Mineo Takai, and Rajive Bagrodia. ACM 
Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulation, v.14 n.2 p.149-169, 
April 2004.

http://pcl.cs.ucla.edu/papers/files/tomacs-04.pdf

The paper describes how we run discrete-event simulators like GloMoSim 
in real time, or in other words, how we synchronize them with real 
networks in order to allow packet exchanges between simulated and 
operational physical networks without timing errors.

Best,

Mineo