Subject: [manet] ACM MobiHoc 2005 - Call For Papers

From: "Robin Kravets" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 08:50:29 -0600

We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

                        Call for Papers

                         MobiHoc 2005 

                6th ACM International Symposium on 
              Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing 

                       May 25-28, 2005
               Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, USA 

             http://www.sigmobile.org/mobihoc/2005/ 

                 Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE 

ACM MobiHoc is the premier international meeting dedicated to addressing
challenges emerging from wireless ad hoc networking and computing. Due to
the growing interest in the field this year's symposium will have an
expanded format that will include a highly selective, dual-track technical
program for the first time, as well as hands-on research demonstrations,
keynote, panel, and tutorials.

We invite paper, poster, and demonstration submissions on mobile ad hoc
networks, wireless sensor networks, and ad hoc computing systems, with the
focus being on issues at and above the MAC layer. Areas of interest include,
but are not limited to:

Applications, operating system, and middleware support 
Analysis and design of transport, network, and MAC protocols 
Energy-efficient algorithms  
Location discovery and management techniques 
Network scaling and limits 
Measurements and practical experience from experimental systems and testbeds

Cross layer design 
Network resilience, fault-tolerance, and reliability 
Security and defense issues 
In-network processing, aggregation and data dissemination 
Distributed actuation, control, and coordination
Modeling, performance evaluation, and QoS issues 

PAPERS:
Papers must report new results substantiated by experimentation, simulation,
or analysis. All submissions will be handled electronically and must be in
PDF format. Papers must not exceed 12 pages (US letter size, 8.5 נ11 inches)
including text, figures and references. The font size must be at least 10
points. Accepted papers will be published in the symposium proceedings. All
submitted papers are judged based on their quality through double -blind
reviewing, where the identities of the authors are withheld from the
reviewers. Authors' names must not appear in the paper or in the PDF file.
Submitted papers must not be currently under review for any other
publication. Detailed instructions on paper submission and formatting are
available here. Please direct any questions about the paper submission
process to the Program Co-Chairs Andrew T. Campbell
<[email-masked]>, and Roger Wattenhofer
<[email-masked]>.

POSTERS:
Posters presenting early work and preliminary results are solicited. The
poster session will provide an excellent opportunity for initial feedback on
early research results. Poster descriptions, of no more than 3 pages, using
font size 10 on 8.5x11in size paper, should be submitted to the Poster
Co-Chairs Songwu Lu <[email-masked]> and Saswati Sarkar
<[email-masked]> before April 1, 2005. Please include the words
"Poster Abstract:" to precede the title on the cover page. A selected subset
of poster abstracts will be published in ACM Mobile Computing and
Communications Review. 

DEMOS:
Technical demonstration of experimental ad hoc networking and computing
systems are solicited. One-page demo descriptions, including a list of any
required supporting equipment, should be sent to the Demo Chair Scott R.
Graham <[email-masked]> before March 1, 2005.

TUTORIALS:
Proposals for tutorials are solicited. Evaluation of proposals will be based
on the expertise and experience of the instructors, and on the relevance of
the subject matter. Potential instructors are requested to submit a tutorial
proposal of at most 5 pages, including a biographical sketch, to the
Tutorial Co-Chairs Bhaskar Krishnamachari <[email-masked]> and Richard J.
La <[email-masked]> before Jan. 15, 2005.

PANELS:
Panels are solicited that examine innovative, controversial, or otherwise
provocative issues of interest. Panel proposals should not exceed 2 pages,
including biographical sketches of the panelists. Potential panel organizers
should contact the General Chair P. R. Kumar <[email-masked]> before
December 15, 2004.

IMPORTANT DATES:
Paper Registration Deadline:  
	December 13, 2004 (5PM US EST) 
    
Paper Submission Deadline:
	December 20, 2004 (5PM US EST)
 
Notification of Acceptance:
	March 27, 2005
 
Camera-Ready Version Due:
	April 10, 2005

For more information contact the General Chair or consult the symposium
webpage.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet