Subject: RE: [manet] AODV or DSR

From: "Mullen, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 09:37:03 -0600

Hi Rafael,

There are other differences, though I'm not sure of recent changes.  One
I remember is that DSR begins to send a message as soon as it identifies
a route, but may change that route if a better one comes up, while AODV
waits to be reasonably sure that it has enough information to select a
best route before beginning to send.

And, as far as I know, DSR is alive and well.  The IETF database lists

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-dsr-10.txt

As an active document, in spite of its age.  

John Mullen 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Rafael Paoliello Guimaraes
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 8:44 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [manet] AODV or DSR

Hello all,

I was simulating some extensions for the AODV protocol and in one of
this extensions I would need to record all the path that a RREQ goes
through and then send it back to the source node through RREP. But then
I was thinking that if it shouldn't be the case of using DSR instead.
Isn't this the big difference between DSR and AODV (route recording)? Or
are there any other relevant differences that I am not taking into
account?

Just to complete, what is the actual state of DSR? It's not an RFC yet,
is it? Was its standarization abandonned?

Cheers,

===========================================
  Rafael Paoliello Guimaraes
  PhD Student - Computer Networking Group
  Department of Computer Architecture (DAC)
  Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC)
  Phone: +34-934017187   Fax: +34-934017055
  URL: http://people.ac.upc.es/rpaoliel
===========================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet