Subject: [manet] Positions available: Research Assistant and Post-Doctoral Fellow in Embedded and Mobile Systems

From: Jan Beutel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 13:36:57 +0200

**********************************************************************
Research Assistant in Embedded and Mobile Systems 
**********************************************************************

The research group on Computer Engineering at ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal
Institute of Technology) has an opening for a PhD student in the field
of embedded and mobile information and communication systems. Further
information on the position can be found at 

http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch/~tec
http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch/~thiele/phd.pdf

Education:

The candidate must hold a M.S. or equivalent with top performance in a
field that is closely related to computer science or electrical
engineering. He should have interest in conducting original highly
competitive scientific research, publishing the results in top
conferences and scientific journals, and participating in teaching
duties. Maturity, self-motivation and the ability to work both
independently and as a team player in local and international research
teams are expected. German language skills are not required, English is
mandatory. 

Application:

Applications can either be sent via email or letter. They must contain a
statement of interest, a CV, the names of two references and additional
documents, in particular copies of degree certificates and the
associated scores. Application deadline is beginning of June 2005.

**********************************************************************
Post-Doctoral Fellow in Embedded and Mobile Systems 
**********************************************************************

The research group on Computer Engineering at ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal
Institute of Technology) has an opening for post-doctoral fellow in the
field of embedded and mobile information and communication systems. 

Position:

In the future, information technology will become more and more
distributed and embedded into our environment. We offer a creative
international environment, a possibility to conduct highly competitive
research on a global scale and involvement in teaching. The
responsibilities of the position include successful research in embedded
and mobile systems (theory and/or hardware/software systems),
participation in research projects and leading a group of highly
motivated Ph.D. students. 

Education:

The candidate must hold a Ph.D. with top performance in a field that is
closely related to embedded and mobile systems. He should have a track
record in conducting original highly competitive scientific research,
publishing the results in top conferences and scientific journals.
German language skills are not required, English is mandatory. 

Application:

Applications must contain a statement of interest, a CV, the names of
two references and additional documents, in particular copies of degree
certificates and the associated scores. Application deadline is end of
May, 2005. 

http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch/~tec

Prof. Dr. Lothar Thiele
Institut TIK, ETH Zentrum
Gloriastrasse 35
CH-8092 Zurich 
[email-masked]

-- 
Jan Beutel                                 [email-masked]
Computer Engineering and Networks Laboratory, ETZ G75
ETH Zurich                              +41 1 632 70 32 Phone
Gloriastrasse 35                          +41 1 632 10 35 Fax
CH 8092 Zurich/Switzerland  http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch/~beutel

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet