Subject: [manet] Simulator

From: S+ <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 10:34:34 +0100

Hi All,
 I am new into the MANET concept. I have started reading so many papers and 
I have some view of routing protocols, formations, topology , etc, but I 
don't know anything about the simulators.
 Would you please point me to somewhere that I can get my hand on these 
simulators?
 and also if you can tell me where can I get more information regarding 
routing protocols on MANET. (apart from googling)
 Thanks,
Sasan

-- 
Plan for things to go wrong, Design for things to go right 
S+
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 15:14:35 +0530 (IST)

Regarding Simulator try NS-allinone-2.28. It has packages for Sensor 
Networks...a new addition to NS.

After Installation (follow the step-by-step instructions given in the 
package or the NS site) run nam (Network AniMator). You can create most of 
the simple scenarios just by using mouse clicks. Fiddle with the NAM and 
you will know what I mean.

After getting this far you are ready to write manually most of the codes 
for your purpose. NAM has certain limitations. After a certain stage you 
should stop using NAM.

Vinod Kumar
IISc