Subject: [manet] AODV or DSR

From: Rafael Paoliello Guimaraes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:44:13 +0200

Hello all,

I was simulating some extensions for the AODV protocol and in one of
this extensions I would need to record all the path that a RREQ goes
through and then send it back to the source node through RREP. But then
I was thinking that if it shouldn't be the case of using DSR instead.
Isn't this the big difference between DSR and AODV (route recording)? Or
are there any other relevant differences that I am not taking into account?

Just to complete, what is the actual state of DSR? It's not an RFC yet,
is it? Was its standarization abandonned?

Cheers,

===========================================
  Rafael Paoliello Guimaraes
  PhD Student - Computer Networking Group
  Department of Computer Architecture (DAC)
  Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC)
  Phone: +34-934017187   Fax: +34-934017055
  URL: http://people.ac.upc.es/rpaoliel
===========================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 13:30:38 -0700

Hello Rafael,

Take a look at AODVbis, which already specifies this operation of
recording the paths within RREQ and RREP messages.  We published
a paper that showed performance improvements resulting from this,
but I don't have the citation handy.  Chris Schiflet was the author.

Regards,
Charlie P.