Subject: [manet] AODV extensions

From: "Ray O'Connell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 09:04:23 -0400

All,

I would like to know if there is any current work or plans to
standardized on the use of the extension fields for AODV.   

We are currently implementing a extension to the protocol which involves
cross layer discover of link quality and queuing delay during the route
request discovery process.   

Currently an extension type for Path Latency,  Worst Case Path Bit Error
Rate, and Message Priority are defined.

We would like to maintain compatibility with other AODV implementations
and can see the benefits of providing certain defined standard
extensions which could be used by multiple implementations.

Any feedback on this subject would be appreciated 

Thanks,

Ray

Ray O'Connell
Nova Systems Solutions
A Division of Nova Engineering, Inc.
9928 Windisch Rd
West Chester, OH 45069
Voice: 513-483-6305
Fax:    513-554-3898
[email-masked] <BLOCKED::mailto:[email-masked]> 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Ian Chakeres <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 11:27:44 -0700

The MANET group is now putting its effort behind standardizing DYMO 
(http;//moment.cs.ucsb.edu/dymo), which is a descendent of AODV and 
DSR.  The ID includes mechanisms to standardize new element types.  
Please review the ID and let me know if the mechanisms you are 
interested would or would not be supportable in the current 
specification.

Thank you,
Ian Chakeres

On May 3, 2005, at 6:04 AM, Ray O'Connell wrote:
> We are currently implementing a extension to the protocol which 
> involves cross layer discover of link quality and queuing delay during 
> the route request discovery process.  
>
> Currently an extension type for Path Latency,  Worst Case Path Bit 
> Error Rate, and Message Priority are defined.
>
> We would like to maintain compatibility with other AODV 
> implementations and can see the benefits of providing certain defined 
> standard extensions which could be used by multiple implementations.
>
> [email-masked]