Subject: [manet] ACM VANET 2005 - Deadline Extended

From: Dave Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 07:51:10 -0500

In response to numerous requests, the submission deadline for
ACM VANET 2005 has been extended to May 16, 2005.

===============================================================

CALL FOR PAPERS

VANET 2005
The Second ACM International Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks
  In conjunction with ACM MobiCom 2005
  Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE
  September 2, 2005
  Cologne, Germany

Web site: http://www.sigmobile.org/workshops/vanet2005/

Important Dates:
  Paper Submission Deadline: May 16, 2005
  Notification of Acceptance: June 20, 2005
  Camera-Ready Deadline: July 13, 2005

The goal of this workshop is to explore the development of wireless
vehicular ad hoc networking (VANET) technologies. Enabled by short- to
medium-range communication systems (vehicle-vehicle or
vehicle-roadside), the VANET vision includes vehicular realtime and
safety applications, sharing the wireless channel with mobile
applications from a large, decentralized array of commercial service
providers. VANET safety applications include collision and other
safety warnings. Non-safety applications include real-time traffic
congestion and routing information, high-speed tolling, mobile
infotainment, and many others.

Following the success of VANET 2004 held last year in Philadelphia,
VANET 2005, the Second ACM International Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc
Networks, will be held in Cologne, Germany, September 2, 2005, in
conjunction with MobiCom 2005. Authors are invited to submit papers
presenting new research related to the theory or practice of vehicular
ad hoc networks (VANET). All submissions must describe original
research, not published or currently under review for another
workshop, conference, or journal. Areas of interest include, but are
not limited to:

* Safety and commercial applications
* Protocol design (including low-power, cross-layer, etc.)
* Security and privacy
* Power control
* Multi-channel organization and operation
* Network management
* Modulation and coding
* Channel modeling

The opportunities for VANET are growing rapidly. In December 2003, the
U.S. FCC approved 75 MHz of spectrum for Dedicated Short Range
Communications (DSRC), and the resulting DSRC system is expected to be
the first wide-scale VANET in North America. In Japan, two DSRC
standards have been adopted (the ARIB STD-T75 in 2001, the ARIB
STD-T88 in 2004), and Japanese auto manufactures are working with the
Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transportation in the third
phase of an ambitious Advanced Safety Vehicle project. The German
Ministry of Education and Research has sponsored the Fleetnet and
Network on Wheels projects. Throughout the world, there are many
national/international projects in government, industry, and academia
devoted to VANETs.

Creating high-performance, highly scalable, and secure VANET
technologies presents an extraordinary challenge to the wireless
research community. Yet, certain limitations commonly assumed in ad
hoc networks are mitigated in VANET. For example, VANET may marshal
ample computational and power resources. Mobility patterns are
constrained by road paths and driving speed restrictions. As opposed
to sensor networks, VANET represents high resource/performance
wireless technologies.

Submission Instructions All paper submissions will be handled
electronically. Papers must be in PDF format, no longer than 10 pages
(single- or double-column), in font no smaller than 11 points, and
must fit properly on US Letter-sized paper (8.5 inch × 11 inch) with
reasonable margins. Submitted papers will be judged based on their
quality through a double-blind review process, where the identities of
the authors are withheld from the reviewers. Detailed instructions for
paper submission will be posted on the VANET 2005 web page at

http://www.sigmobile.org/workshops/vanet2005/

Please email questions related to paper submission or the technical
program to [email-masked] . Please email
general questions about VANET 2005 to [email-masked].

General Co-Chairs:
Ken Laberteaux, Toyota Technical Center USA
Hannes Hartenstein, Universität Karlsruhe

Technical Program Co-Chairs:
David B. Johnson, Rice University
Raja Sengupta, University of California, Berkeley

Publicity Chair:
Chen-Nee Chuah, University of California, Davis

Local Arrangements Chair:
Marc Torrent-Moreno, Universität Karlsruhe

Technical Program Committee (partial list):
Onur Altintas, Toyota InfoTechnology Center Japan
Matthew Barth, Univ. California, Riverside
Costas Constantinou, Univ. of Birmingham
Tracy Camp, Colorado School of Mines
Eric Feron, MIT
Mario Gerla, Univ. California Los Angeles
Yih-Chun Hu, Univ. California, Berkeley
Jean-Pierre Hubaux, EPFL
Markus Jakobsson, RSA
Daniel Jiang, DaimlerChrysler Research and Technology North America
Timo Kosch, BMW Research and Tech.
Hariharan Krishnan, General Motors R&D
P.R. Kumar, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Nelson Liu, University of Maryland
David Lovell, U. Maryland, College Park
Nitin H. Vaidya, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Adam Wolisz, Technical Univ. of Berlin 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet