Subject: [manet] IEEE SECON 2005, Call for DEMOS

From: Stefano Basagni <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 21:20:39 -0400 (EDT)

(Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this call.)

CALL FOR DEMOS

The Second IEEE International Conference on Sensor and Ad Hoc
Communications and Networks : SECON 2005

http://inrg.cse.ucsc.edu/secon05/
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Correct URL ;-)

September 26-29, 2005 Santa Clara, California, USA

Technical demonstrations showing original research, practical
implementations, industrial and commercial developments, and new
applications for ad hoc and sensor networks are solicited. Specific
topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

    * New architectures, protocols and access control to support
      communication, localization, time synchronization, routing and
      data dissemination in heterogeneous, large-scale distributed, ad
      hoc networks and sensor networks
    * Novel algorithms and theories for management, supervisory control
      and monitoring of distributed ad hoc networks, and techniques for
      the interpretation and use of sensor data in decision-making
      processes
    * Modeling and performance evaluation of large-scale distributed
      and ad hoc sensor networks, practical implementations, and
      real-work experiences
    * Theories and models on fundamental information and communication
      aspects of wireless ad hoc and sensor networks
    * Mechanisms for authenticated, secure communication and data
      dissemination in sensor and ad hoc networks
    * Integration of sensors into engineered systems, including novel
      techniques for sensor renewable power sources, mechanisms for
      on-sensor self-calibration and self-testing and efficient schemes
      to maximize accuracy and minimize false alarms
    * Chip-based systems incorporating multiple sensors, computation,
      actuation, and wireless interfaces
    * Software platforms, middleware and tools for ad hoc and sensor
      network applications development, deployment and management

Please consult the demo co-chairs at <[email-masked]>
if you are uncertain whether your demo falls within the scope of the
conference.

DEMO SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

Please send a one-page description of your demo to
<[email-masked]> in plain text or PDF format by the
dates listed below. (Plain text is preferred unless there are graphics.)

Demos are independent of the technical paper review and acceptance
process.

IMPORTANT DATES

One-page demo descriptions:    June 15, 2005
Notification of acceptance:    July 1, 2005
Conference dates:              September 26-29, 2005

SECON 2005 DEMO CHAIRS: Bhaskar Krisnamachari, Fabio Silva (USC/ISI)

--
Stefano Basagni, Ph.D.      Assistant Professor of Computer Engineering
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering   312 Dana Research Center
Northeastern University            360 Huntington Ave. Boston, MA 02115
Tel. 617 373 3061, Fax 617 373 8970         E-mail: [email-masked]
***               http://www.ece.neu.edu/faculty/basagni/           ***

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet