Subject: [manet] I have a problem with SWANS

From: Tien NGUYEN <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:17:39 +0200

I have modified the dsrtest.java exemple given at SWANS web site and I
found a problem, which I can not understand, in Jist/SWANS.

As the original source of dsrtest.java, we have the following scenario:

- There are 3 nodes in the network

+ Node 1 is a server who receive message

+ Node 2 is a router who route packets

+ Node 3 is a client who send a message

There is no problem with this.

But I have modified the source code so that:

- Node 2 send a message to Node 1 too. But it send message after the
Node 3 do it. I have used JistAPI.sleep(500); to delay Node 2.

The problem is that: the message send by Node 2 always arrive before
which of Node 3

- When I modify the location of Node 3 (0,300). In this case, Node 3
do not need the Node 2 to route its packets.

The problem is that: the message of Node 2 does not arrive.

I attach the modified file with this letters. I hope that you will
help me to resolve the problems

Thanks a lot
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet