Subject: [manet] aodv-uu-0.8.1

From: "Azalea" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 16:09:01 +0800

Hi,

I am trying to execute the aodv-uu version 0.8.1 on my RedHat 9 with kernel
2.4.20-6. My wireless network card is installed on eth1. When i run aodvd as
below

[root@azalea aodv-uu-0.8.1]# ./aodvd  -l -r  3
12:38:57.068 host_init: Could not get index of p???: No such device
12:38:57.068 cleanup: CLEANING UP!
12:38:57.075 packet_queue_destroy: Destroyed 0 buffered packets!

Mr. Erick Nordstrom advised me to run using "aodvd -i eth1" because it seems
that the program cannot automatically detect my wireless card. When i run as
below i got the following message.

[root@azalea aodv-uu-0.8.1]# ./aodvd -i eth1 -l -r  3
12:40:23.678 packet_input_init: Netlink socket buffer is 131070
12:40:23.678 aodv_socket_init: RAW send socket buffer size set to 131070
12:40:23.679 aodv_socket_init: Receive buffer size set to 131070
12:40:23.679 main: In wait on reboot for 15000 milliseconds. Disable with
"-D".
12:40:23.679 hello_start: Starting to send HELLOs!
12:40:38.685 wait_on_reboot_timeout: Wait on reboot over!!

Is anyone able to help me by explaining to me what these messages means?
What can i expect to see what i execute the "aodvd" command and how do i use
it properly. I am trying to establist routing connections between 3 nodes up
to 10 nodes, please advise how do i do this.

Thank you

-Azalea

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 10:42:43 -0400

> to 10 nodes, please advise how do i do this.

This is an indication that iptables is blocking the aodv messages.  You 
will
need to flush the iptables in order to allow aodv packet reception.

Regards,
Brian