Subject: [manet] Journal Special Issue: Wireless Network Security

From: Yang Xiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:48:33 -0700 (PDT)

(Our apologies if you receive multiple copies)

EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, special
issue on Wireless Network Security

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/wcn/si/wns.html

Guest Editors:
Yang Xiao, Computer Science Department, The University of Memphis,
Memphis, TN 38152, USA

Yi-Bing Lin, Department of Computer Science and Information
Engineering, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan

Ding-Zhu Du, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, University
of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA

Recent advances in wireless network technologies have rapidly developed
in recent years, as evidenced by wireless location area networks
(WLANs), wireless personal area networks (WPANs), wireless metropolitan
area networks (WMANs), and wireless wide area networks (WWANs), that
is, cellular networks. A major impediment to their deployment, however,
is wireless network security. For example, the lack of data
confidentiality in wired equivalent privacy (WEP) protocol has been
proven, and newly adopted standards such as IEEE 802.11i robust
secruity network (RSN) and IEEE 802.15.3a ultra-wideband (UWB) are not
fully tested and, as such, may expose unforeseen security
vulnerabilities. The effort to improve wireless network security is
linked with many technical challenges including compatibility with
legacy wireless networks, complexity in implementation, and
cost/performance trade-offs. The need to address wireless network
security and to provide timely, solid technical contributions
establishes the motivation behind this special issue.

This special issue will focus on novel and functional ways to improve
wireless network security. Papers that do not focus on wireless network
security will not be reviewed. Specific areas of interest in WLANs,
WPANs, WMANs, and WWANs include, but are not limited to:

Attacks, security mechanisms, and security services 
Authentication 
Access control 
Data confidentiality 
Data integrity 
Nonrepudiation 
Encryption and decryption 
Key management 
Fraudulent usage 
Wireless network security performance evaluation 
Wireless link layer security 
Tradeoff analysis between performance and security 
Authentication and authorization for mobile service network 
Wireless security standards (IEEE 802.11, IEEE 802.15, IEEE 802.16,
3GPP, and 3GPP2) 
Authors should follow the EURASIP JWCN manuscript format described at
the journal site http://wcn.hindawi.com/. Prospective authors should
submit an electronic copy of their complete manuscript through the
EURASIP JWCN's manuscript tracking system at
http://www.mstracking.com/wcn/, according to the following timetable. 

Manuscript Due  October 1, 2005  
Acceptance Notification  February 1, 2006  
Final Manuscript Due  May 1, 2006  
Publication Date  3rd Quarter, 2006  

Refereeing:
If you are willing to referee paper(s) for this special issue, please
visit the following URL:http://www.mstracking.com/wcn/si/si.php?si=WNS.
All referees shall receive a complimentary copy of the special issue
upon publication. 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet