Subject: Re: [manet] OLSR report from wth

From: Philippe Jacquet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 09:48:21 +0200

I see in the wishlist OLSR a wish about adaptable hello rate. This is 
made in the rfc with the paprameter Htime. 

Regards,
Philippe

Laurent Dehoey wrote:

>Hello every body
>
>At that address,
>http://wiki.whatthehack.org/index.php/OLSR_Experiences_Notes, you"ll
>find some feeback from international OLSR users at wth, Liempde,
>Nederlands creating real life mobile ad hoc networks.
>
>Although a lot of this guys are using a somewhat non rfc3626 compliant
>version of OLSRv1 in order to estimate link quality at level 3 for
>metric calculation, they suffer the same problems as everybody else when
>trying to use IEEE802.11b/g in adhoc mode at the PHY/LINK layer : IBSS
>SPLIT. That is, for a very same chosen IBSS name and a very same chosen
>channel, some cards instead of joining the pre-existing IBSSID
>randomized created by the first ad hoc node in the IBSS/Chan, they
>generate a new one creating several disconnected networks composed of
>several nodes at the best case or totaly isolated singleton networks at
>the worst.
>
>Old news.
>
>What's new is that the opensource community *may* have a solution : not
>letting the card generating  a new IBSSID but instead forcing it to use
>an assigned one.
>Good news too : olsr works in real life :
>http://wiki.whatthehack.org/index.php/User:Lolo#sunday_the_31th_morning
>to be continued... ;-)
>
>LD
>
>PS : As a lot of these guys are not member of the MANET mailling, you
>should questions and make comment on the wth wiki itself :
>http://wiki.whatthehack.org/index.php/Wireless_Village
>http://wiki.whatthehack.org/index.php/Olsr
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>manet mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>
>
>  
>

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet