Subject: [manet] CFP IEEE/CreateNet SecureComm 05, Sept 5-9, Athens, Greece

From: Richard Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:43:29 -0600

Dear Colleague,

  Please find attached the call for participation for the First
  IEEE/CreateNet International Conference on Security and Privacy for
  Emerging Areas in Communication Networks (SecureComm 2005) to be held
  in Athens, Greece from Sep. 5-9, 2005.

  The conference program consists of 32 full papers and 20 short
  papers, keynote and invited talks, and a panel. In addition, there
  are four workshops on related topics. The complete information is
  available on the website: www.securecomm.org

  Note that Early Conference Registration Ends August 25, 2005!
  Discounted Hotel Reservation Rates end September 1, 2005.

  We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message. Please
  feel free to distribute this to colleagues who might be interested.

regards,

SecureComm 2005 Organizing  Committee

    ***************************************************************
             CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

       First IEEE/CreateNet International Conference on Security
        and Privacy for Emerging Areas in Communication Networks

        Athens, Greece / Hotel Amarilia / 5 - 9 September, 2005
               www.securecomm.org

            EARLY REGISTRATION ENDS August 25, 2005

                CO-SPONSORED BY:
          IEEE Communications Society (www.comsoc.org)
             CreateNet (www.create-net.it)

             Corporate/Government Sponsors:

          National Science Foundation (Travel Grants)
            Telcordia Technologies (Silver sponsor)
              Toshiba TARI(Bronze sponsor)

In Cooperation With the IEEE Computer Society TC on Security and Privacy
             In Cooperation with ACM SIGSAC

    ***************************************************************

TENTATIVE TECHNICAL PROGRAM

Monday, Sep 5, 2005

First IEEE/CreateNet International Workshop on Computer Network
Forensics Research (CNFR): www.cnfr.org

First IEEE/CreateNet International Workshop on Trust and Security in 
Pervasive
Networking: http://www.securecomm.org/pervasivetrust/

***************************************************************

Tuesday, Sep 6, 2005

8.30AM - 9.00 AM: Welcome, Introduction, Best Paper award

9.00AM - 10.30AM: Plenary Session:

         Bill Cheswick, Lumeta, Title: Pondering and Patrolling Network
         Perimeters

         Andrea Servida, EU, Title: Security, privacy and dependability
     in Information  Society: key challenges for European R&D in FP7

10.30AM - 11.00AM: Break

11.00AM - 12.40PM: Full Paper Session 1: Insecurity

Implications of Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA) for  GSM security
         Sandro Grech, Pasi Eronen

Computationally, Memory and Bandwidth Efficient Distillation Codes to
Mitigate DoS in  Multicast
         Roberto Di Pietro, Stefano Chessa, Piero Maestrini

Spread Identity mechanisms for Security
         Dhananjay Phatak

On the Security of Distributed Position Services
         Xiaoxin Wu, Cristina Nita-Rotaru

12.40PM - 2:00PM: Lunch

2:00PM - 2.45PM: Invited talk: David Wagner, Berkeley, Title: Privacy
in pervasive  computing: What can technologists do?

3:00 PM - 4:40 PM: Full Paper Session 2: RFID

Picking Virtual Pockets using Relay Attacks on Contactless Smartcard Systems
         Ziv Kfir, Avishai Wool

A Lightweight RFID Protocol to protect against Traceability and Cloning 
attacks
         Tassos Dimitriou

An RFID distance bounding protocol
         Gerhard Hancke, Markus Kuhn

Security and Privacy Issues in e-Passports
         Ari Juels, David Molnar, David Wagner

5:00 PM - 6.30PM: Panel 1: RFID Security and Privacy,

     Panelists: (Lead) Gene Tsudik, University of California, Irvine
            David Wagner, University of California, Berkeley
            Avishai Wool, Tel Aviv University
            Tassos D. Dimitriou, Athens Information Technology
            Markus Kuhn, University of Cambridge

***************************************************************

Wednesday, Sep 7, 2005

8.30AM - 9.15 AM: Keynote: Jean Pierre-Hubaux, EPFL, Title: The Security of
Vehicular Networks

DEMOS: 10:45AM - 1:00PM and 2:45PM - 5:00PM
(In parallel with other sessions)

"MANET-DFA: Distributed Firewall Architecture for MANET networks,"
Federico Frosali, Giorgio Freguglia, Luciana Costa from Business
Application & Services - Telecomitalia LAB - ITALY

"Demonstration of Ubiquitous Roaming Technology,"
Hiroyoshi Takiguchi, Masami Ueno, Yoshiko Sudeda, Satashi Yagi,
Hirokazu Kitami, Toru Kobayashi, Yoshikazu Kondo from NTT Information
Sharing Platform Laboratories - Tokyo - Japan

9.30AM - 10.45AM: Full Paper Session 3: Sensor Networks

DICAS: Detection, Diagnosis and Isolation of Control Attacks in Sensor 
Networks
         Issa Khalil, Saurabh Bagchi, Cristina Nita-Rotaru

Securing Topology Maintenance Protocols for sensor networks: attacks
and counter-measures
         Andrea Gabrielli, Luigi Mancini, Sanjeev Setia, Sushil Jajodia

Countermeasures Against Traffic Analysis Attacks in Wireless Sensor Networks
         Jing Deng, Richard Han, Shivakant Mishra

11.00AM - 12.40PM: Full Paper Session 4: Authentication

Improving Cross-domain Authentication over Wireless Local Area Networks
         Hahnsang Kim, Kang Shin, Walid Dabbous

Reducing Reauthentication Delay in Wireless Networks
         Tuomas Aura, Michael Roe

Providing Distributed Certificate Authority Service in Mobile Ad Hoc 
Networks
         Ying Dong, Wing Go, Aifen Sui, Victor Li, Lucas
         C.K. Hui, Siu Ming Yiu

On Improving the Performance of Role-Based Cascaded Delegation in Ubiquitous
Computing
         Danfeng Yao, Roberto Tamassia, Seth Proctor

12.40PM - 2:00PM: Lunch

2:00PM - 2:45PM: Invited Talk: William Arbaugh, Title: Ad-hoc network
security: is  it a real problem?

3:00PM - 4:40PM: Full Paper Session 5: Privacy

A Privacy Preserving Reputation System for Mobile Information
         Dissemination Networks
         Marco Voss, Andreas Heinemann, Max Mhlhuser

A Privacy Service for Context-Aware Mobile Computing
         Vagner Sacramento, Markus Endler, Fernando Nascimento

Protecting Location Privacy Through Path Confusion
         Baik Hoh, Marco Gruteser

A Solution for Wireless Privacy and Payments based on E-cash
         Yiannis Tsiounis, Tom Karygiannis, Aggelos Kiayias

5:00PM - 6:40PM: Short paper Session 1

A Signal Fingerprinting Paradigm for Physical Layer Security in
Conventional and  Sensor Networks
         Thomas Daniels, Mani Mina, Steve Russell

Location Privacy with IP Mobility
         Rajeev Koodli, Vijay Devarapalli, Hannu Flinck, Charles Perkins

Fellowship in Mobile Ad hoc Networks
         Venkatesan Balakrishnan, Vijay Varadharajan

A Secure Interworking Scheme for UMTS-WLAN
         Yen-Chieh Ouyang, Chung-Hua Chu, Chang-Bu Jang

bufSTAT - A Tool for Early Detection and Classification
         of Buffer Overflow Attacks
         Svetlana Radosavac, Karl Seamon, John S. Baras

LRBAC: A Location-Aware Role-Based Access Control Model
         Indrakshi Ray, Lijun Yu

Tri-party TLS Adaptation for Trust Delegation in Home Networks
         Khaled Masmoudi, Mureed Hussain, Hossam Afifi, Dominique Seret

PATRIOT: a Policy-Based, Multi-level Security Protocol for Safekeeping
Audit Logs on  Wireless Devices
         Wassim Itani, Ayman Kayssi, Ali Chehab

Harnessing Emergent Ubiquitous Computing Properties to Prevent Malicious 
Code
Propagation
         David Llewellyn-Jones, Madjid Merabti, Qi Shi, Bob Askwith

***************************************************************

Thursday, Sep 8, 2005

8.30AM - 10.35 AM: Full Paper Session 6: Key management

A Level Key Infrastructure for Secure and Efficient Group
Communication in Wireless  Sensor Networks
         Jyh-How Huang, Jason Buckingham, Richard Han

A Modified Secure Remote Password (SRP) Protocol for Key
Initialization and Exchange  in Bluetooth Systems
         Amir Sayegh, Mahmoud El-hadidi

Hi-KD: An Efficient Key Management Algorithm for Hierarchical Group
         Hani Ragab Hassan, Abdelmadjid Bouabdallah, Hatem
         Bettahar, Yacine Challal

A Deterministic Pairwise Key Pre-distribution Scheme for Mobile Sensor 
Networks
         David Sanchez, Heribert Baldus

A Practical Study of Transitory Master Key Establishment For Wireless
         Sensor Networks
         Jing Deng, Carl Hartung, Richard Han, Shivakant Mishra

11:00 - 12:40: Full Paper Session 7:  Routing

Applying emergence to the design of routing protocols for the security
of wireless ad hoc networks,
         Ioannis Pavlosoglou, Mark Leeson, Roger Green

SPINAT: Integrating IPsec into Overlay Routing
         Jukka Ylitalo, Patrik Salmela, Hannes Tschofenig

On the Survivability of Routing Protocols in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks
         Baruch Awerbuch, Reza Curtmola, David Holmer,
         Cristina Nita-Rotaru, Herbert Rubens

An Extensible Environment for Evaluating Secure MANET,
         Yongguang Zhang, Yi-an Huang, Wenke Lee

12.40PM - 2:00PM: Lunch

2:00PM - 3:40 PM: Full Paper Session 8: Cryptographic algorithms and 
protocols

Soft-Timeout Distributed Key Generation for Digital Signature based on 
Elliptic Curve D-log for Low-power Devices
         Caimu Tang, Anthony T. Chronopoulos and Cauligi S. Raghavendra

A Uniform Framework for Cryptanalysis of the Bluetooth E_0 Cipher
         Ophir Levy, Avishai Wool

MOTET: Mobile Transactions using Electronic Tickets
         Daniele Quercia, Stephen Hailes

Exploiting Hierarchical Identity-Based Encryption
         for Access Control to Pervasive Computing Information
         Urs Hengartner, Peter Steenkiste

3:40PM - 4:00 PM: Break

4:00PM - 5:40 PM: Short paper Session 2

GKE: Efficient Group-based Key Establishment for Large Sensor Networks
         Li Zhou,Jinfeng Ni, Chinya Ravishankar

Practically Unbounded One-Way Chains for Authentication with Backward 
Secrecy
         Vishwas Patil, Luigi Mancini, Antonio Durante, Roberto
         Di Pietro

Limitations of Key Escrow in Identity-Based Schemes in Ad Hoc Networks
         Katrin Hoeper, Guang Gong

Enhanced 1-D Chaotic Key-Based Algorithm for Image Encryption
         Daniel Socek, Shujun Li, Spyros Magliveras, Borko Furht

Schemes for Enhancing the Denial-of-Service Tolerance of SRTP
         Sachin Garg, Navjot Singh, Timothy Tsai

Thor: The Hybrid Online Repository
         Timothy van der Horst, Kent Seamons

Random IDs for preserving location privacy
         Stefan Schlott, Frank Kargl, Michael Weber

A Distributed Cross-Layer Intrusion Detection System for Ad Hoc Networks
         Yu Liu, Yang Li, Hong Man

A Control Formulation of the Network Security Problem via a Risk Management
Approach
         Nicholas Bambos

    ***************************************************************

Friday, Sep 9, 2005

First IEEE/CreateNet International Workshop on The Value of Security through
Collaboration (SECOVAL): www.secoval.org

First IEEE/CreateNet International Workshop on Integration of Security
and Quality of Service (SecQoS): www.secqos.org

    ***************************************************************

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet