Subject: [manet] Density vs. Mobility

From: Maen Artimy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:18:05 -0300

Hi,

In common mobility models such as random waypoint, nodes density are not a
factor in determining a node's speed. My work is on vehicular ad hoc networks
and there is usually a link between the speed and density.
Are there papers or ongoing research about a link between nodes mobility and
their density in MANETs?

Thanks.

Maen

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Wenjun Hu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 19:32:21 +0100

You might want to check out our paper in MobiHOC 2005:

Elgan Huang, Wenjun Hu, Jon Crowcroft, Ian Wassell, Towards Commercial Mobile 
Ad Hoc Network Applications: A Radio Dispatch System. MobiHoc 2005, ACM Press, 
May 2005.

One of the issues we looked at was how traffic congestion might affect 
mobility, hence connectivity.

Regards,

Wenjun