Subject: [manet] AODV int node forwarding duplicate tcp packet

From: Yau P <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:20:16 +0100

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me with my query, it might be the NS2 implementation
of the AODV protocol.

I've ran a simulation of 100 nodes in an area of 2500m, 10 tcp connections,
minimum mobility, nothing fancy.  I've discovered an intermediate node
forwarding the same tcp packet twice, each time to a different next hop, and
successfully too so the destination node received two copies of the same tcp
packet.  The second packet travels over one extra hop to reach the
destination.  

I wasn't aware that AODV uses multiple routes in this way?  Can anyone shed
light on this?  It certainly threw my trace file processing scripts into
confusion.

Many thanks in advance,
Po

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet