Subject: [manet] CFP: WCMC SI on Wireless Ad hoc Networks: Technologies and Challenges

From: "Zorlu-Ozer Sebnem-ASZ008" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:28:40 -0500

Dear Colleagues: 
 
Please consider submitting your work to the WCMC SI on Wireless Ad hoc
Networks: Technologies and Challenges. The papers are due by September
16.
 
Best regards, 
 
Ahmed Safwat, Mohamed Younis, and Sebnem Ozer 

Call for Papers

Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing 

Special Issue on 

Wireless Ad hoc Networks: 

Technologies and Challenges

Guest Editors

Prof. Ahmed M. Safwat
Laboratory for Advanced Wireless Networks (AWN) Department of Electrical
and Computer Engineering Queen's University Kingston, ON, Canada
[email-masked] 

Prof. Mohamed Younis
Department of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering University of
Maryland Baltimore, MD, USA [email-masked]

Dr. Sebnem Zorlu Ozer
Mesh Networks Product Group
Motorola, Inc.
Maitland, FL, USA
[email-masked] 

Topic and Scope 

The Journal of Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing (WCMC) seeks
original research and review articles for a special issue on Wireless Ad
hoc Networks: Technologies and Challenges.  

Both wire-line and wireless networks must consist of infrastructure
stations that provide connectivity.  However, multi-hop wireless ad hoc
networks eradicate the costs of infrastructure deployment, setup, and
administration.  Multi-hop ad hoc wireless networks allow anywhere,
anytime network connectivity with complete lack of control, ownership,
and regulatory influence.  The growing interest in such networks
originates from their suitability for different types of application
scenarios ranging from futuristic subscription-free civilian
communication to present military-driven operations.  Since there is no
requirement for a fixed infrastructure, the network is composed of fixed
and mobile wireless devices.  

Ensuring energy-efficient and QoS-based communications in a wireless
mobile ad hoc network is a challenging, but yet intrinsic, issue and is
highly dependent upon routing, Medium Access Control (MAC) and
connection/session admission control.  Conforming to QoS service-level
agreements and minimizing power consumption depend on the chosen route
from the source mobile station to the destination mobile station.  This
special issue will address routing, connection/session admission
control, distributed contention-based MAC, as well as contention-free
dynamic channel allocation schemes, infrastructure formation schemes,
energy efficiency, QoS, as well as other timely topics.  

The goal of this special issue is to provide a comprehensive overview of
the miscellaneous technologies and challenges pertaining to wireless ad
hoc networks, to present novel solutions to overcome those challenges,
to publish original articles of interest to researchers and
practitioners in this field, and to advance the state of the art of ad
hoc networks.  Papers are solicited in all aspects of wireless ad hoc
networks technologies.  In addition to the aforementioned topics, topics
of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:

*	PHY: de/modulation, transceiver design, multi-packet reception
(MPR),
	directional antennas, exploiting directional antennas for MAC
and QoS, etc.
*	MAC: single-channel, multi-channel
*	Scheduling: scheduling and load balancing, joint scheduling and
power
	control, etc.
*	Broadcasting: optimal, probabilistic, etc.
*	Routing: fair routing, incorporation of linear and non-linear
optimization,
	etc.
*	Distributed positioning: GSP-free positioning
*	Location-inspired designs
*	Virtual Wireless Infrastructures (VWI): heuristics,
near-optimal, VWI for
	efficient cross-layer interactions, etc.
*	Security: key management, WPA vulnerability, etc.
*	Disruptive applications (telemedical, biological, etc)
*	Body area ad hoc networks
*	M-commerce
*	Self-configurable wearable ad hoc networks
*	Non-monolithic/shared conceptual models for context-awareness
*	Cross-layer design: integration of PHY, MAC, routing and
application aspects
*	Performance evaluation and modeling

Manuscript Submission 

All manuscripts should be sent by email to the Guest Editors, and must
be in PDF format.  Additional information for authors, including
guidelines for manuscripts, is found at
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jabout/76507157/ForAuthors.ht
ml <http://www.comsoc.org/pubs/net/ntwrk/authors.html> .

Important Dates

Submission Deadline:    September 16, 2005

Acceptance Notification:    February 1, 2006

Final Manuscripts Due:    March 31, 2006

Publication of Special Issue:    3rd or 4th Quarter, 2006

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet