Subject: [manet] ACM/SIGMOBILE MobiHoc 2006

From: ACM MobiHoc 2006 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 18:19:15 -0500 (EST)

(Apologies if you receive this call multiple times.)
************************************************************
        PRELIMINARY ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS

                 ACM/SIGMOBILE MobiHoc 2006

         The Seventh ACM International Symposium on
           Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing

           http://www.sigmobile.org/mobihoc/2006/

                      May 22-25  2006
                      Florence, Italy
************************************************************
ACM MobiHoc  is the premier  international meeting dedicated
to  addressing  challenges  emerging  from wireless  ad  hoc
networking and computing. This year's symposium will include
a highly  selective technical  program, as well  as hands-on
research demonstrations, keynote, panel, and tutorials.

We  invite paper, poster,  and demonstration  submissions on
mobile ad  hoc networks, wireless  sensor networks, wireless
mesh networks, and ad  hoc computing systems, with the focus
being  on  issues at  and  above  the  MAC layer.  Areas  of
interest include, but are not limited to the following:

* Applications, operating system, and middleware support
* Transport, network, and MAC protocols
* Energy-efficient algorithms
* Quality of Service issues
* Location discovery techniques
* Network scaling and limits
* Cross layer design
* Network resilience, fault-tolerance, and reliability
* Trust, security and privacy
* Distributed sensing, actuation, control, and coordination
* Measurements  and practical  experience  from experimental
  systems and testbeds
* Modeling and performance evaluation

PAPERS:  Papers  must report  new  results substantiated  by
experimentation,  simulation, or analysis.   All submissions
will  be   handled  electronically   and  must  be   in  PDF
format. Papers must not exceed 12 pages (US letter size, 8.5
x  11 inches)  including text,  figures and  references. The
font size must be at  least 10 points.  Accepted papers will
be  published in the  symposium proceedings.   All submitted
papers  would  be  judged  based on  their  quality  through
double-blind reviewing, where  the identities of the authors
are withheld  from the  reviewers.  Authors' names  must NOT
appear in  the paper or  in the PDF file.   Submitted papers
must   not  be   currently  under   review  for   any  other
publication. Instructions on paper submission and formatting
are available  on the  symposium webpage. Please  direct any
questions about the paper  submission process to the Program
Co-Chairs    Marco   Conti    ([email-masked])   and
Raghupathy Sivakumar ([email-masked]).

POSTERS:  Posters  presenting  early  work  and  preliminary
results are  solicited. The  poster session will  provide an
excellent opportunity for initial feedback on early research
results.  Poster  descriptions of no  more than 3  pages (US
letter size  8.5 x 11 inches)  using font size  10 should be
submitted to the  Poster Co-Chairs Carla-Fabiana Chiasserini
([email-masked])    and     Wendi    B.    Heinzelman
([email-masked])  before March 15,  2006. Please
include the words "Poster Abstract:" to precede the title on
the cover  page. A selected subset of  poster abstracts will
be  published  in ACM  Mobile  Computing and  Communications
Review.

DEMOS:  Technical  demonstration   of  experimental  ad  hoc
networking  and computing  systems are  solicited.  One-page
demo  descriptions,   including  a  list   of  any  required
supporting equipment,  should be sent to  the Demo Co-Chairs
Srdan    Capkun    ([email-masked])    and   Xudong    Wang
([email-masked]) before March 15, 2006.

TUTORIALS: Proposals for tutorials are solicited. Evaluation
of proposals  will be based on the  expertise and experience
of  the instructors,  and on  the relevance  of  the subject
matter.   Potential instructors  are requested  to  submit a
tutorial  proposal   of  at   most  5  pages,   including  a
biographical sketch,  to the Tutorial  Co-Chairs Doug Blough
([email-masked])     and     Silvia     Giordano
([email-masked]) before January 15, 2006.

PANELS:  Panels  are   solicited  that  examine  innovative,
controversial, or otherwise  provocative issues of interest.
Panel  proposals  should   not  exceed  2  pages,  including
biographical  sketches  of  the panelists.  Potential  panel
organizers should  contact the General  Chair Sergio Palazzo
([email-masked]) before Dec. 15, 2005.

IMPORTANT DATES:
Paper registration:            December 2, 2005 (5 PM US EST)
Paper submission:              December 9, 2005 (5 PM US EST)
Notification of acceptance:                    March 27, 2006
Camera-ready version due:                      April 10, 2006

For  more  information  contact  the  General  Chair  Sergio
Palazzo   ([email-masked])   or  consult   the
MobiHoc              2006             webpage             at
http://www.sigmobile.org/mobihoc/2006/.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet