Subject: [manet] CFP: Special Session "Wireless Mesh Networks" in PDCS 2006

From: "Yan ZHANG" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 10:12:44 +0800

We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP
=================================================================

Special Session "Wireless Mesh Networks" in the 18th IASTED International 
Conference on
PARALLEL AND DISTRIBUTED COMPUTING AND SYSTEMS ~ PDCS 2006 ~
November 13-15, 2006; Dallas, Texas, USA

http://www.iasted.org/conferences/2006/Dallas/pdcs-specsess1.htm

Scope
=====
Wireless Mesh Networks (WMN) is emerging as a new technology extending and 
converging the future generation wireless networks. Standard organizations 
are actively calling for specifications for mesh networking, e.g. IEEE 
802.11, IEEE 802.15, IEEE 802.16 and IEEE 802.20. WMN is characterized by 
dynamic self-organization, self-configuration and self-healing to enable 
flexible integration, secure communications, easy maintenance, high 
scalability and reliable services. To achieve these goals, great efforts are 
ongoing in both academy and industry communities.

A special session on Wireless Mesh Networks will be organized at the 
PDCS2006 conference. This session constitutes a unique forum to present the 
latest research results by international researchers and developers. 
Original contributions are solicited, related to all areas in wireless mesh 
networking.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
====================================================
Mesh networking for Ad hoc network, Wireless PAN, LAN, MAN and WAN
Mesh networking architecture in heterogeneous networks
Multi-radio and multi-channel Wireless Mesh Networking
QoS provisioning
Multimedia services
MAC protocol design
Routing protocols
Scheduling
Load balancing
Topology control
Channel assignment algorithms
Cross-layer optimization
Physical layer techniques
Security, authentication and privacy
Fault tolerance, anomaly detection and error recovery schemes
Standardization in emerging standards: IEEE 802.11, 802.15, 802.16 mesh, 
802.20 mesh
Testbed, prototype, practical system for WMN

Submission Guidelines and Publications
=======================================
Each should include authors names, affiliations, addresses, email addresses 
of all authors, and corresponding author and contact on the cover page. Each 
paper should include up to 5 keywords and an abstract of no more than 250 
words. Please submit full paper, not exceeding 6 pages in length 
(single-space) in PS or PDF format for consideration, to the special session 
organizer by June 15, 2006 via email. Submission implies the willingness of 
at least one author to register and present the paper.
All papers selected for this session by peer-review process will be 
published in the PDCS2006 conference proceedings through ACTA Press, USA. 
All final papers should be received by Sept. 1, 2006 and should adhere to 
the IASTED final paper formatting requirements outlined at 
http://www.iasted.org/formatting-final.htm.

IMPORTANT DEADLINES
===================
Paper received:  June 15 , 2006
Notification of acceptance:  August 1, 2006
Final manuscript due: September 1, 2006
Registration Deadline: September 15, 2006

Special session organizers
==========================
Dr. Yan ZHANG
National Institute of Information and Communications Technology
Email: yanzhang <AT> ieee.org

Dr. Jun ZHENG
Dept. of Computer Science
Queens College
New York, NY, USA
Email: zheng <AT> cs.qc.edu 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet