Subject: [manet] Research Positions at CINVESTAV-IPN (Mexico)

From: "Yan ZHANG" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 08:49:30 +0800

Research Positions at the Center for Research and Advanced Studies of the
National Polytechnic Institute Department of Electrical Engineering, MEXICO

The Department of Electrical Engineering invites applications for four
research positions in Telecommunications. Candidates should have an earned
doctorate in Telecommunications Engineering or closely related field and
show a good record of peer-reviewed international publications. Areas of
desired specialization include, but are not limited to, networking, signal
processing for communications, wireless communications, radio frequency
engineering, digital communications, wireless ad hoc and sensor networks,
next generation mobile networks, communication theory, optical systems and
networks, network security and information assurance, and communications
QoS, reliability and performance modeling. A good knowledge of either
Spanish or English is desirable. The successful applicants will be
expected to teach at the graduate level as well as to carry out research
activities. Net starting annual income will fluctuate between $ 40,000 and
$ 55,000 U.S.D. depending on experience and record.

The Center for Research and Advanced Studies (Cinvestav) of the National
Polytechnic Institute was established in 1961 in Mexico City. For its
operation, it relies on an annual subsidy from the government and extra
funds from research grants, project development and consultancy. With a
staff including over 500 researchers, Cinvestav is recognized as one of
the major research centers in Mexico. According to the Organization for
Economic Cooperation and Development, "Cinvestav is an impressive
institution that shows that when you provide adequate means to a leading
institution that escapes the bureaucratic pressures, Mexico can have
world-class research and educational centers." The Department of
Electrical Engineering is the biggest and one of the oldest Departments of
Cinvestav. It has an academic staff of around 60 researchers, and covers
the areas of Bioelectronics, Computing, Mecatronics, Solid Sate
Electronics and Telecommunications. The Department offers postgraduate
studies leading to the MSc and PhD degrees. Other activities include
consultancy and development of projects for government and private
companies.

Applications will be accepted immediately. Interested candidates should
submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and the names and email
addresses of at least two academic or professional references to:

Dr. Giselle M. Galvan-Tejada
Academic Coordinator
Telecommunications Section
CINVESTAV-IPN
Tel: +52 (55) 50613767
Fax: +52 (55) 50613977
email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet