Subject: [manet] InterSense 2006: Early Registration Deadline is Approaching!

From: Guerin-Lassous Isabelle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 18:21:00 +0200

(Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
   
                             InterSense 2006
1st International Conference on Integrated Internet Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks
                      Nice, FRANCE, May 30-31, 2006
                        http://www.intersense.org
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The InterSense 2006 conference seeks to provide an opportunity for
researchers from computer science, engineering and mathematical
backgrounds to disseminate and exchange knowledge in the rapidly
emerging field of future heterogeneous supernetworks where ad hoc and
sensor wireless networks will be integrated into wired and/or wireless
fixed infrastructure. The integration of ad hoc and sensor networks
with the Internet and wireless infrastructure networks increases the
network capacity, coverage area and application domain. In the future
interconnection framework for wireless sensor and ad hoc networks,
internetworking is not simply a way to transport information from and
to remote hosts. The foreseen degree of integration reaches the upper
levels of the stack, where one network will offer services to others
(including communication services). In the 'sensors to wideband'
integrated heterogeneous architecture, even sensor networks component
may be heterogeneous, consisting of sensors with varied
functionalities and capabilities. This architecture may include an ad
hoc network of actors, capable of monitoring the sensor network
deployment and acting to increase the network utility. In the emerging
area of ubiquitous computing, networked small embedded devices with
sensing capabilities will play a key role. Radio Frequency
Identification (RFID) shows a great potential for identification of
static and mobile objects and poses numerous questions regarding their
implementation, capability, performance, reliability and integration
with other technologies. 

The conference will comprehensively cover physical, data link, network
and transport layers, as well as application, security, simulation and
power management issues in integrated and heterogeneous networks,
including sensor, local area, satellite, vehicular, personal, and
mobile ad hoc networks. 

CONFERENCE DATE
---------------
May 30-31 (Tuesday-Wednesday)

Registration is open! PLEASE REGISTER BEFORE APRIL, 30th TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF
THE EARLY REGISTRATION FEE.

CONFERENCE PROGRAM
------------------
The conference program is now available at http://www.intersense.org. 

May 30, 2006 (Tuesday)
************
09h00-10h00: Registration 
10h00-10h30: Welcome and opening 
10h30-12h10: Session 1: Simulation and modelling 
- Requirements for an Ubiquitous Computing Simulation and Emulation
Environment (invited paper), Vinny Reynolds, Vinny Cahill, Aline
Senart  
- Dual-Mode Real-Time MAC protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks: a
Validation/Simulation Approach, Thomas Watteyne, Isabelle Auge-Blum,
Stephane Ubeda  
- GLONEMO: Global and Accurate Formal Models for the Analysis of
Ad-Hoc Sensor Networks, Ludovic Samper, Florence Maraninchi, Louis
Mandel, Laurent Mounier  
- Particle-based Methodology for Representing Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks,
Carlos Martinez, Marisa Lopez, Luis Estebanez  
12h10-13h30: Lunch 
13h30-14h30: Keynote speaker: Afonso Ferreira 
14h30-14h50: Coffee break 
14h50-16h05: Session 2: Node implementation and integration into Internet 
- IP-enabled Wireless Sensor Networks and their integration into the
Internet, Karl Mayer, Wolfgang Fritsche  
- From vertical to horizontal architecture - a cross-layer
implementation in a sensor network node, Ismo Hakala, Merja Tikkakoski
- Issues in Designing a Compilation Framework for Macroprogrammed
Networked Sensor Systems, Animesh Pathak, Viktor Prasanna  
16h05-16h30: Coffee break 
16h30-18h10: Session 3: Software aspects 
- Programming Wireless Sensor Networks with Logical Neighborhoods
(invited paper), Luca Mottola, Gian Pietro Picco  
- A Context-Aware Middleware Platform for Autonomous Application
Services in Dynamic Wireless Networks, Nicolas Le Sommer, Frederic
Guidec, Herve Roussain  
- Middleware for Distributed Services and Mobile Applications, Aitor
Uribarren, Jorge Parra, J.P. Uribe, Maider Zamalloa, Kepa Makibar  
- A Software Framework for Integrated Sensor Network Applications,
Raju Pandey, Joel Koshy  

May 31, 2006 (Wednesday)
************
09h00-10h15: Session 4: Mobility and connectivity management 
- MarathonNet: Adding value to large scale sport events - A
connectivity analysis, Martin Lipphardt, Dennis Pfisterer, Carsten
Buschmann, Horst Hellbrueck, Stefan Fischer, Jan Hendrik Sauselin  
- Adaptive Sink Mobility in Event-driven Multi-hop Wireless Sensor
Networks, Zoltan Vincze, Dorottya Vass, Rolland Vida, Attila Vidacs,
Andras Telcs  
- Mobility Management Challenges and Issues in 4G Heterogeneous
Networks, Sadia Hussain, Zara Hamid  
10h15-10h45: Coffee break 
10h45-12h25 Session 5: QoS 
- Access Control in Heterogeneous Multichannel Wireless Networks
(invited paper), Michael McGarry, Martin Reisslein, Violet R. Syrotiuk
- QoS Routing in Multi-channel Multihop Wireless Network with
Infrastructure Support, Huiqing Wang, Kin Choong Yow  
- QoS-aware Mesh Construction to Enhance Multicast Routing in Mobile
Ad Hoc Networks (invited paper), Andreas J. Kassler, Harald Tebbe,
Pedro M.Ruiz  
12h25-13h45: Lunch 
13h45-15h25: Session 6: Routing 
- The Anchor Location Service (ALS) Protocol for Large-scale Wireless
Sensor Networks (invited paper), Rui Zhang, Hang Zhao, Miguel
A.Labrador  
- Multipath Virtual Sink Architecture for Wireless Sensor Networks in
Harsh Environments (invited paper), Winston K.G. Seah, Hwee-Pink Tan  
- Addressing Network Heterogeneity in Pervasive Application
Environments, Paul Grace, Geoff Coulson, Gordon Blair, Barry Porter  
- Self-Selecting Route Discovery Strategies for Reactive Routing in Ad
hoc Networks, Mehran Abolhasan, Justin Lipman  
15h25-15h45: Coffee break 
15h45-17h00: Session 7: Robustness and Security 
- Symmetric Key Based Authenticated Querying in Wireless Sensor
Networks, Satyajit Banerjee, Debapriyay Mukhopadhyay  
- Location-free fault repair in hybrid sensor networks, Tuan Le,
Nadeem Ahmed, Sanjay Jha  
- Cooperation in ad hoc networks: Enhancing the virtual currency based
Models, Michael Hauspie, Isabelle Simplot-Ryl  
17h00-17h15: Break 
17h15-18h30: Session 8: Energy-efficiency 
- Challenges and New Approaches for Efficient Data Gathering and
Dissemination in Pervasive Wireless Networks (invited paper), Elena
Fasolo, Christian Prehofer, Michele Rossi, Qing Wei, Joerg Widmer,
Andrea Zanella, Michele Zorzi  
- Efficient Multicast Routing in Wireless Mesh Networks Connected to
Internet (invited paper), Pedro M. Ruiz  
- Variable-Base Tacit Communication: A New Energy Efficient
Communication Scheme for Sensor Networks, Yuanzhu Peter Chen, Dan
Wang, Jian Zhang  

LOCATION
--------
The conference will take place at the Hotel Westminster, Nice, France
Hotel Website: http://www.westminster-nice.com

Note that the Monte Carlo race takes place the weekend before the
conference and is in close proximity to Nice, France. 
More information about the event: http://www.monte-carlo.mc/formule1/
and http://www.formula1.com/

TECHNICAL COMMITTEES
--------------------
General Chair
  Imrich Chlamtac, University of Trento, CREATE-NET, Italy

General Vice-Chair
  David Simplot-Ryl, University of Lille, INRIA Futurs, France

Program Committee Chairs
  Guillaume Chelius, INRIA, France
  Ivan Stojmenovic, University of Ottawa, Canada

Program Committee Vice-Chairs
  Valérie Issarny, INRIA, France  
  Daniele Miorandi  CREATE-NET, Italy  
  Jelena Misic  University of Manitoba, Canada  
  Pedro M. Ruiz Martinez  Facultad de Informátia, Murcia, Spain  
  Yu Wang  Univ. North Carolina at Charlotte, USA

Program Committee Members
  Dharma Agrawal, University of Cincinnati, USA 
  Gordon Blair, Lancaster University, UK
  Rajkumar Buyya, The University of Melbourne, Australia
  Mihaela Cardei, Florida Atlantic University, USA
  Jean Carle, University of Lille, France
  Marco Conti, CNR-IIT, Italy
  Grzegorz Czajkowski, Sun Microsystems, USA 
  Fei Dai, North Dakota State University, USA
  Arjan Durresi, Lousiana State University, USA
  Eric Fleury, INRIA, France
  Silvia Giordano, Univ. of Applied Science, SUPSI, Switzerland
  Sonia Heemstra de Groot, Twente Institute for Wireless and Mobile
Communications, The Netherlands
  Xiaohua Jia, City University of Hong Kong, China
  Andreas Kassler, Karlstad University, Sweden
  Arzad A. Kherani, INRIA, France
  Miguel A. Labrador, Univ. South Florida, USA
  Peter Larsson, Ericsson Research, Sweden
  Qun Li, College of William and Mary, USA
  Wei Li, The University of Toledo, USA
  Xiang-Yang Li, Illiniois Institue of Technology, Chicago, USA
  Cecilia Mascolo, University College London, UK
  Vojislav B. Misic, University of Manitoba, Canada
  Lionel Ni, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, China
  Stephan Olariu, Old Dominion University, USA
  Gian Pietro Picco, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
  Jason Redi, BBN Technologies, USA
  Bimal Roy, ISICAL, India 
  Paolo Santi, Istituto di Informatica e Telematica del CNR, Italy
  Milica Stojanovic, MIT, USA
  Violet R. Syrotiuk, Arizona State University, USA
  Christian Tschudin, University of Basel, Switzerland
  Takashi Watanabe, Shizuoka University, Japan
  Jie Wu, Florida Atlatic University, USA
  Yingyue Xu, Intelligent Automation Inc, USA 
  Laurence T. Yang, St. Francis Xavier University, Antigonish, Canada 
  Halim Yanicomeroglu, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada 
  Wei Ye, ISI, University of Southern California, USA 
  Jerry Zhao, ICSI Berkeley, USA
  Gil Zussman, MIT, USA 
  Michele Zorzi, Univ. of Padova, Italy 

Local Organization Chairs  
  David Coudert, INRIA Sophia Antipolis, France  
  Hervé Rivano, CNRS, Sophia Antipolis, France  

Publicity Chair 
  Isabelle Guérin Lassous, INRIA Rhône-Alpes/CITI, France  

Sponsorships Chair
  Amiya Nayak, University of Ottawa, Canada 

Submission and Publication Chair 
  Guillaume Chelius, INRIA Rhône-Alpes/CITI, France 

Finance Chair
  Karen Decker, ICST, USA 

Web site    
  Alexandre Courbot, INRIA Futurs, France 

SPONSORS
--------
CREATE-NET
ICST

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet