Subject: [manet] CFP: l-Commerce'06: LOCATION-BASED MOBILE COMMERCE WORKSHOP

From: Olga Ratsimor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 10:55:22 -0400 (EDT)

*************************************************************************
*                                                                       *
*        LOCATION-BASED MOBILE COMMERCE WORKSHOP: l-Commerce'06         *
*        http://ebiquity.umbc.edu/l-commerce/                           *
*                                                                       *
*        In conjunction with ICEC06, http://icec06.net                  *
*        August 13th, 2006, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada          *
*                                                                       *
*************************************************************************

------------------
WORKSHOP DEADLINES

-----------------------------------------------------------------
|                                                               |
|    Paper Submission Deadline:--| Friday, April 21st, 2006     |
|    Notification of Acceptance:-| Monday, May 29th, 2006       |
|    Camera-Ready Versions:------| Monday, June 9th, 2006       |
|    Workshop Date:--------------| Sunday, August 13th, 2006    |
|                                                               |
-----------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------
WORKSHOP THEME AND SCOPE

The recent developments of mobile, ubiquitous and pervasive
technologies have generated a wide range of opportunities for
enhance physical marketplaces and for pushing traditional commerce beyond
physical locations of stores, restaurants, and shopping malls.  Wireless
and mobile peer-to-peer technology is becoming the facilitator for new
ambient location-based commerce, also frequently referred to as
l-commerce.  l-commerce is a fusion of mobile commerce and context aware
computing.  It exploits consumers proximity to marketplaces by
electronically extending the stores physical area to cover potential
customers before they walk into stores.  The virtual expansion of the
marketplace has the potential of being a powerful tool for consumers by
providing information and services relevant to their current location.
Once a customer is inside the store, ambient services can further enhance
consumers shopping experiences by providing consumers with recommendations
and other helpful product information. Ambient commerce services allow
personalization and custom context-sensitive filtering to consumers.

The vision of l-commerce is not limited to the traditional
business-to-consumer commerce.  It also encapsulates mobile peer-to-peer
commerce where mobile peers trade and exchange information, services, and
other digital goods.  l-commerce also includes business-to-business
opportunities by allowing small shops to join and form virtual
partnerships therefore increasing their presence in the local marketplace.

The aim of the workshop is to identify and discuss the technical and
business challenges, ideas, views, and research results in ambient and
location-based commerce and applications.  Location-based Mobile Commerce
Workshop (l-Commerce'06) invites authors to submit original technical
papers or position papers, describing current research and visions of the
future.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
* Middleware and Frameworks Supporting l-commerce.
* Ambient Services and Applications.
* Data Management, Personalization and User Profiles in l-commerce
Environments.
* Context Management for l-commerce.
* Discovery of Digital Product, Goods and Services in l-commerce
Environments.
* Mobile Components (Mobile Agents) and Agent Technologies.
* Intelligent Graphical User Interface (GUI) for l-commerce.
* Mobile, Wireless Peer-to-Peer Commerce.
* Wearable Computing for l-commerce.
* Challenges of Mobile Portals and Hotspots for l-commerce applications.
* Vehicular Mobile Commerce.
* Impact of GPS and RFID tracking technology on l-commerce.
* Privacy Concerns, Social and Legal Issues affecting l-commerce.
* Payment and transaction mechanisms, platforms and solutions.
* Innovative Business Models for l-commerce.
* Actions, Advertising and Promotions in l-commerce Environments.

------------------------------
WORKSHOP SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Authors are invited to submit original technical papers or position papers
describing current research and visions of the future.  Submitted papers
must be unpublished elsewhere and not currently under review for any other
publication.  Full papers must not exceed 12 pages printed using at least
11-point type and single spacing.  All submissions should be in PDF or
PostScript format.  Each submission should include a cover page, which
consists of a 200-word abstract, a list of keywords, and author's contact
information including authors e-mail address. Guidelines for the preferred
publishing format are available at
http://www.acm.org/sigs/pubs/proceed/template.html.  Authors should submit
a full paper via electronic submission at
http://www.easychair.org/lCommerce06/ .

------------------
WORKSHOP CO-CHAIRS

Olga Ratsimor
 Department of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering,
 University of Maryland, Baltimore County
 [email-masked]

Timothy Finin
 Department of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering,
 University of Maryland, Baltimore County
 [email-masked]

Filip Perich
 Shared Spectrum Company
 USA
 [email-masked]

---------------------------
TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Yelena Yesha, UMBC. (USA)
Anupam Joshi, UMBC. (USA)
Ora Lassila, Nokia Research (USA)
Helin Heikki, TeliaSonera (Finland)
Monique Calisti, Whitestein Technologies AG (Switzerland)
Sehl Mellouli, Laval Univ. (Canada)
Stefan Poslad, University of London (England)
Zakaria Maamar, Zayed University (UAE)
Harry Chen, Image Matters LLC (USA)
Michael Berger, Siemens (Germany)
Jacob Slonim, Dalhousie Univ. (Canada)
Sastry Duri, IBM T.J. Watson (USA)
Marisa Viveros, IBM Global Services (USA)
Ouri Wolfson, Univ. of Illinois, Chicago (USA)
Yannis Labrou, Fujitsu Laboratories (USA)
Arkady Zaslavsky, Monash Univ. (Australia)
Nabil Adam, Rutgers University (USA)

----------------------------------------------
http://ebiquity.umbc.edu/l-commerce/
http://ebiquity.umbc.edu/l-commerce06/
http://ebiquity.umbc.edu/l-Commerce/
http://ebiquity.umbc.edu/l-Commerce06/

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet