Subject: [manet] 2nd Try: Duration Field of RTS

From: fxbaloch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 14:53:34 -0500

Hello All,

Could anyone let me know how does a node calculate the duration(time to 
transfer a packet) of a packet. Does it assume that it has 2Mbps bandwidth 
available to it to clacualte that field? Thanks in advance

Fariha

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Ali Hamidian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:12:54 +0200

Hi,

Section 9.6 (Multirate support) says:
"All Control frames shall be transmitted at one of the rates in the 
BSSBasicRateSet (see 10.3.10.1), or at one of the rates in the PHY 
mandatory rate set so they will be understood by all STAs."

In my 802.11 simulations, the stations use 2Mbps ==> RTS_duration = SIFS 
+ CTS_txtime + SIFS + DATA_txtime + SIFS + ACK_txtime, where for example 
CTS_txtime =[short preamble] = (14*8/2*10^6 + 96) us = 152 us

Kind regards
Ali