Subject: [manet] Research positions on body sensor networks in the Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore

From: Xiao Wendong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:20:41 +0800

One Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow and one Research
Associate/Project Officer positions are available immediately in the
Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R), Singapore to work on the new EHS
2 projects of wireless wearable body sensor network for preventive
healthcare. Please refer to the following websites for project
descriptions:
 http://www.ehs-sg.org/WuJK_Application_CVD.htm and
http://www.ehs-sg.org/WuJK_Middleware.htm.

Scope of work will be in one or more tasks of the following:
- Process, analyze and fuse multi-channel signals from various body
sensors,
- Propose efficient feature extraction, pattern recognition, and
diagnosis algorithms for ambulatory monitoring of daily life activities
and physiological status. 
- Integrated system design by taking into account network constraints,
energy consumption and system performance,
- Help in developing wireless body sensor network platform and test-bed.

Requirements for the Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow Position:
-  PhD in electrical/computer engineering, computer science or
equivalent,
-  Strong in statistical signal processing, pattern recognition and/or
estimation, with biomedical engineering research background is an
advantage,
-  Good knowledge of sensor networks or wireless ad hoc networks,
-  Proficient in Matlab and C/C++ programming.
 
Requirements for the Research Associate/Project Officer Position:
-  Master/Bachelor Degree in electrical/computer engineering, computer
science or equivalent
-  Familiarity with embedded operating system such as TinyOS, wireless
communication & networking, and/or digital signal processing
-  Experience with C and C-like programming, database design and
management, and/or PDA programming
 
The salary will be decided based on the qualification and R&D
experience. If interested, please send applications (letter, CV, contact
information for three references) to Dr. Wendong Xiao
([email-masked]) or Dr. Simon Bao ([email-masked]).
Review of applications will continue until the positions are filled, but
priority will be given to early submissions.

------------------------- 
Dr. Wendong Xiao
Media Processing Department
Institute for Infocomm Research 
21 Heng Mui Keng Terrace 
Singapore 119613
Eamil: [email-masked]
Tel: (65)68741959, Fax: (65)67748056
-------------------------

------------ Institute For Infocomm Research - Disclaimer -------------
This email is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.
--------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet