Subject: [manet] TVoDSL International Conference 2007 - Paris - France

From: "Chantal Ladouce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:43:22 +0200

The fourth edition of the TVoDSL International Conference and the Triple
Play Showcase will stand in Paris next January 23 to 26, 2007.

With the opening of a second exhibition floor and the launch of the Mobile
TV World Congress, TVoDSL will confirm his rank of very first worldwide
rendez-vous in the IPTV realm.

A call for proposals has been launched for the TVoDSL conference.

All details at:

 <http://www.upperside.fr/tvodsl2007/tvodsl2007intro.htm>
http://www.upperside.fr/tvodsl2007/tvodsl2007intro.htm

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Yihu Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:53:30 -0400

Dear All, 

According to the standard, in a standalone 802.11 WLAN with acess point, in the CP with DCF, the AP will contend the medium, just same like any other station. However, with the presence of AP, every station has to transmit to the AP, as the uplink traffic, and the AP will relay the received traffic, as the downlink traffic, thus the downlink traffic in AP will be much heavier than the uplink traffic in each station and becomes the bottleneck. How does this problem be handled in the real implementation? Moreover, if the AP is connected to the Internet, then the downlink traffic would be expected even higher. 

Is the TXOP in 802.11e a possible solution for this?

In addition, PCF is an option in the standard, so in the commercial AP products, are both PCF and DCF implemented?

Thanks.

Yihu