Subject: [manet] Extended Deadline May 10 - INTER-PERF (with VALUETOOLS 2006)

From: "EJ Collins, Mathematics" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:24:13 +0100

------------------------------------------------------------------
**                    APLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING                **
**                                                              **
**     ** Extended Submission Deadline  --  May 10, 2006 **     **
------------------------------------------------------------------

                   ********   INTER-PERF   *********
                     ****   Call for Papers   ****
                   *** http://www.inter-perf.org ***

                  Workshop on Interdisciplinary Systems
             Approach in Performance Evaluation and Design
                 of Computer & Communication Systems
                    Pisa, Italy / October 14, 2006

                   Co-located with VALUETOOLS 2006
                      http://www.valuetools.org/
                  First International Conference on
              Performance Evaluation Methodologies and Tools

                     In technical cooperation with:
                            Create-Net/ICST
                         IEEE Computer Society

                           Corporate Sponsor
                           Microsoft Research

         **** Extended Submission Deadline  --  May 10, 2006 ****

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The area of communication networks has become increasingly diverse
over the past decade, driven by an increasingly wide range of
application scenarios including ad-hoc networks, mobile networks,
sensor networks, and peer to peer networks. Issues of particular
interest relate to networks that are large scale in terms computing
elements and users, or closely coupled to the spatial environment
of their deployment.

At an appropriate level of abstraction, the operational principles
of such systems may exhibit great similarity with systems found in
other sciences, and this naturally suggests using models and
techniques that are standard in other scienctific areas such as
biological systems, economics, epidemiology, physics and the social
sciences.

Inter-Perf aims to bring together researchers and practioners from
the many scientific disciplines where such issues of scalability,
self-organization and robustness arise. In particular, it seeks
contributions which derive insights and techniques from these areas
that can be used either to evaluate the performance of existing
communication systems or to inspire the design of new ones.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

**  Keynote speakers:                                           **
**  Laurent Massoulie, Microsoft Research, UK                   **
**  Karl Sigmund, University of Vienna, Austria                 **
**                                                              **
**  The proceedings will be published by IEEE and               **
**  accepted papers will be available online via IEEE Xplore    **

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Bayesian belief propagation
- Bio-inspired systems
- Chemical-reaction type models
- Electromagnetism-inspired models
- Artificial immune systems
- Interacting particle systems
- Mathematics of epidemiology and infectious diseases
- Microeconomics of networks
- Percolation
- Population dynamics
- Random graphs
- Reaction-diffusion models
- Reinforced random walks in networks
- Replicator dynamics, Lotka-Volterra systems
- Self-organization
- Statistical physics models

-------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DATES

Extende Submission Deadline:     May   10, 2006
Notification of Acceptance:      June  10, 2006
Camera-ready Manuscripts due:    July  10, 2006

-------------------------------------------------------------------
PAPER SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

Authors are invited to submit full papers of up to 12 pages in IEEE
conference proceedings format through COCUS (http://cocus.info).

-------------------------------------------------------------------
WORKSHOP CO-CHAIRS

Sean Collins, University of Bristol, UK - [email-masked]
Milan Vojnovic, Microsoft Research,  UK - [email-masked]

-------------------------------------------------------------------
TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Sem Borst (Bell Labs, USA & CWI, Netherlands)
Mark Burgess (Oslo College, Norway)
Hana El-Samad (UCSF, USA)
Ayalvadi Ganesh (Microsoft Research, UK)
Ramesh Johari (Stanford University, USA)
George Kesidis (University of Pennsylvania, USA)
Jean-Yves Le Boudec (EPFL, Switzerland)
Armand M. Makowski (University of Maryland, USA)
Peter Marbach (University of Toronto, CA)
Jose Fernando Mendes (University of Aveiro, Portugal)
David Nicol (University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign, USA)
Devavrat Shah (MIT, USA)
Anil Somayaji (Carleton University, CA)
Leandros Tassiulas (University of Thessaly, Greece)
Patrick Thiran (EPFL, Switzerland)
Don Towsley (University of Massachusetts at Amherst, USA)
Gustavo de Veciana (University of Texas at Austin, USA)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr E J Collins                 |  Telephone:   +44 (0)117 928 7977
Department of Mathematics      |  Fax:         +44 (0)117 928 7999
University of Bristol          |  email:    [email-masked]
University Walk,               |
Bristol BS8 1TW, U.K.          |  http://www.maths.bris.ac.uk/~maejc
---------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet