Subject: [manet] Reminder: WCAN'06 - 2nd Workshop on Cryptography for Ad hoc Networks - deadline in less than a week

From: Giovanni Di Crescenzo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:59:17 -0400 (EDT)

*Apologies for multiple copies*

                                     WCAN'06

          2nd Workshop on Cryptography for Ad hoc Networks

                                 July 16th, 2006
                 location: S. Servolo Island, Venice, Italy

A Satellite Workshop of the 33rd International Colloquium on Automata,
Languages and Programming (ICALP 2006)

web page: http://www.argreenhouse.com/society/wcan06/wcan06page.html

________________________________
CALL FOR PAPERS

Wireless ad hoc networks are today receiving a lot of attention for
militar, commercial and civilian applications, thus raising several
challenging security, privacy and anonimity research questions. The
security research community has mainly focused on securing routing and
is only recently widening its scope of analysis to other security
areas. The cryptography research community has mainly focused on
abstract models of networks like the Internet; however, cryptographic
protocols for the Internet face serious challenges to be adapted to
the ad-hoc, partial-connectivity, mobile, resource-constrained and
infrastructureless nature of ad-hoc networks. The aim of this workshop
is to help bridging this gap, towards a more comprehensive
investigation of security and cryptographic tools, analysis and
modeling methodologies over ad hoc networks, by bringing together the
cryptography, network security, and wireless networking communities.

We seek submissions containing original research on all aspects of
cryptology that are motivated by their applicability to ad hoc
networks, including wireless, cellular, sensor, mesh, peer-to-peer and
RFID-based networks. Short surveys of related sub-areas are also
encouraged. The following is a non-exhaustive list of topics that are
of interest to this workshop, when clearly motivated by and clearly
focusing on ad hoc networks (cryptology papers not focusing on or not
describing applications to ad hoc networks do not fit in the workshop
interest area):

- Modeling of cryptographic tasks
- Solutions to cryptographic tasks under party mobility
- Solutions to cryptographic tasks under resource constraints
- Secure routing
- Bootstrapping of security associations
- Distributed public-key infrastructures
- Key-agreement, key-management and key-(pre)distribution
- Entity authentication
- Trust establishment
- Privacy-enhancing technologies
- Threshold cryptography
- Identity-Based cryptography
- Policy-based cryptography
- Secure multi-party protocols
- Security in distributed algorithms and protocols
________________________________

Important Dates:

Paper submissions due: April 30th, 2006
Notifications to the authors: May 30th, 2006
Camera-ready papers due: June 14th, 2006
ICALP 06 Conference: July 9-16 2006
WCAN 06 Workshop: July 16th, 2006

________________________________

Author Instructions:
Two Paper Categories: Regular papers and Surveys. (Please explicitly
specify category in the title, for example "Survey Paper: All
Cryptographic Schemes for Ad Hoc Networks".)

Submission Instructions: Submissions need to be at most 8-page long in
a standard one-column format (suggested format: LaTeX, in article
style), excluding appendices. Authors can e-mail their submission
(including title, abstract, and keywords in the first page) in .pdf or
.ps format to [email-masked], specifying in the
e-mail title and authors of the submission

Submitted papers must be original work that is authorized to be
released and does not substantially duplicate work that has been
previously published or is currently being refereed for publication in
another workshop, conference or journal.

Papers accepted to this workshop will be published on the Electronic
Notes in Theoretical Computer Science (ENTCS). Authors of accepted
papers will need to write their final version in LaTeX, using ENTCS
style files, and send the resulting .pdf file

  ________________________________

Program Chairs:
Giovanni Di Crescenzo (Telcordia Technologies, NJ, USA).
Luigi V. Mancini (Universita' degli Studi di Roma, La Sapienza, Rome, Italy).
________________________________

Program Committee:
Giuseppe Ateniese (Johns Hopkins University)
David Carman (Johns Hopkins University - Applied Physics Lab)
Yvo Desmedt (University College London)
Giovanni Di Crescenzo (co-chair, Telcordia Technologies)
Roberto Di Pietro (Universita' degli Studi di Roma)
Renwei Ge (University of Delaware)
Jonathan Katz (University of Maryland)
Luigi V. Mancini (co-chair, Universita' degli Studi di Roma, La Sapienza)
Refik Molva (Eurecom Institute)
Sanjeev Setia (George Mason University)
Ravi Sundaram (Northeastern University)
Gene Tsudik (University of California Irvine)
Serge Vaudenay (Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne)
Sencun Zhu (Pennsylvania State University)

________________________________

Contact: wcan06chair AT research DOT telcordia DOT com

_______________________________________________
Tccc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/cucslists/listinfo/tccc

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet