Subject: [manet] CFP: WiNTECH Workshop with ACM MobiCom 2006

From: "Mahesh Marina" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:27:18 -0700

Our apologies if you have received multiple copies of this CFP.

--

CALL FOR PAPERS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

The First International Workshop on 

Wireless Network Testbeds, Experimental evaluation and CHaracterization
(WiNTECH 2006) 

in conjunction with ACM MobiCom 2006

September 29, 2006

Los Angeles, CA, USA

http://chenyen.cs.ucla.edu/events/wintech06/ 

*** Submission Deadline: June 15, 2006 ***

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

OVERVIEW AND SCOPE

-----------------------------

In recent years, some wireless technologies (e.g., WiFi, sensor networks)
have matured to the point of finding wide acceptance in the real-world and
leading to many new and interesting applications. At the same time, several
new networking and radio technologies (e.g., dynamic spectrum access, UWB)
are emerging to address the performance limitations of existing technologies
and make wireless networking more ubiquitous. Realistic evaluation of such
diverse set of technologies and their mutual interactions will play a major
role in identifying the key performance bottlenecks, thus shape future
advances in wireless technology. With this in mind, this workshop intends to
bring together researchers working in the broad area of experimental
wireless networking. This workshop will serve as a forum to share new
ideas/experiences in all experimental aspects of wireless networks and
systems, and facilitate discussions of key unresolved challenges in this
area.

We are seeking original, previously unpublished papers addressing
experimental wireless networking issues. Topics of interest include, but are
not limited to:

* Design and evaluation of wireless testbeds, prototypes and platforms

* Experiences/lessons from recent testbed design efforts

* Hybrid experimentation approaches combining use of multiple evaluation
methodologies

* Integration of diverse and distributed testbed infrastructures

* Testbed management issues and monitoring support

* Wireless testbed case studies

* Experimental evaluation of applications and protocols (at different
layers), and the impact of cross-layer interactions

* Large-scale and heterogeneous wireless network evaluations

* Approaches for real-world evaluation of mobile networks

* Evaluation environments for sensor and satellite networks

* Techniques for improving reproducibility of real-world testing

* Implementation approaches to ease transition between various evaluation
methodologies as well as to improve testbed accessibility

* New measurement methodologies and infrastructures 

* Measurement and characterization (modeling) of various real-world aspects
such as usage patterns, traffic, mobility and channel characteristics

* Interference and spectrum usage measurements

* Validation of existing simulation models, and results across different
testbeds/evaluation methodologies

* Software tools in support of measurements, trace/data collection and
management

IMPORTANT DATES

------------------------

Submission deadline: June 15, 2006

Author notification: July 21, 2006

Camera ready papers: August 11, 2006

Workshop date: September 29, 2006

TECHNICAL PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS

* Rajive Bagrodia (UCLA) 

* Mahesh Marina (UCLA)

FURTHER INFORMATION

-------------------------------

Please visit the WiNTECH 2006 workshop website:
http://chenyen.cs.ucla.edu/events/wintech06/ 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet