Subject: [manet] WICON Industry Track: deadline extended to 12 May

From: Tristan Henderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 13:33:36 -0400

WICON2006 Industry Track

The focus of the WICON2006 conference is on architectural, networking,
security, performance and management aspects of cellular, WiFi, WiMax and
other Wireless Internet technologies. Preference will be given to papers
describing implementations, deployment, measurements, empirical performance
evaluation and experiments. The conference will also put a special emphasis on
integration and convergence issues of various wireless technologies and
architectures, as well as cross-layer aspects, such as QoS, billing, and
security. Given the existence of other conferences on mobile ad hoc networks,
sensor networks, and the like, papers that are oriented to ad hoc and sensor
networks  are discouraged unless they directly focus on the conference theme
of the Wireless Internet.

WICON is initiating a industrial research track for the first time with the
hope of showcasing  ongoing high quality research in the industry and
fostering much needed  dialog between industry researchers and academia. One
full day of the  conference will be devoted to the industrial track. WICON
industry track papers should describe original work that has been neither
previously published nor is under review by another conference or journal. The
page limit is 10 pages in IEEE double column format. Industry track papers
must have at least one author from industry, and should describe interesting
technical aspects of industrial applications, prototypes, experiences, and
standards; performance and design details are encouraged, whereas papers
focused on marketing or product information will not be accepted. For easy
identification, all industry track papers should have as their title "Industry
Track: rest of title."  Papers will be submitted by electronic submission
through COCUS system: http://cocus.create-net.it. Topics of interest include,
but are not limited to, the following:

Implementation, deployment and measurements
 - performance  of 2G, 3G, WiFi and WiMax systems
 - wireless network design, dimensioning and analysis
 - implementation, experimental systems and measurements
 - user behavior, traffic measurements and forecasting

Mobile network architectures
 - mobile networks beyond the 3rd generation
 - IP Multimedia Subsystem architecture and protocols
 - hybrid wireless architectures, fixed mobile convergence
 - service network architectures

Applications and services for mobile users
 - application platforms and middleware
 - application performance, performance enhancement
 - VoIP over wireless and cellular networks
 - vertical wireless application design (e.g. health care)
 - design and performance of wireless Internet applications
   (e.g., mobile gaming)

Wireless management, security and systems issues
 - wireless network management and diagnosis
 - security, malware, viruses and spam in wireless Internet
 - pricing and billing
 - reliability of wireless networks and services
=======================================================================

Industry Track Chair
    Sujata Banerjee, HP Labs
    Milind Buddhikot, Lucent Bell Labs

Program Committee
    Arup Acharya, IBM Watson
    John Chapin, Vanu, Inc.
    Richard Chen, Philips Labs
    Gabor Fodor, Ericcson Research
    Stefan Mangold, Swisscomm
    Ajita John, Avaya labs
    Thierry Kline, Bell Labs
    Satya Mallya, France Telecom R&D
    Amit Nanavati, IBM India Research Labs
    Anand Prasad, Euro DoCoMo labs
    Jacky Shen, Microsoft Research
    Rajeev Shorey, GM Research, Bangalore
    G. Venkatesh, Sasken India
    John Wullert, Telcordia

Important Dates:
    Submission of full papers: May 12, 2006 (extended)
    Acceptance Notification: June 2, 2006
    Final Camera Ready Version Due: June 16, 2006

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet