Subject: [manet] Wimax mesh networks!!

From: "Ramzi Tka" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 19:10:28 +0200

Hi everybody ,

I'm a Phd student. I have recently begun my thesis mainly on 802.16 mesh
networks.

I would be much obliged if you could give answers to some of my questions.

- If I have well understood 802.16-2004 standard, in mesh mode, all nodes
uses the same frame to schedule and transmit data using TDMA access. This
means that nodes signal could reach any node in the mesh network. In the
other hand, when resolving contention (control subframe), each node consider
only its extended neighbourhood (2-hop neighbors) to set Next Xmt Time. Is
there any contradiction in this?

- Could we consider a case when nodes are geographically very espaced . But,
nodes could ensure radio connectivity with a set of neighbors. Do the
802.16-2004 specifications still applicable in this case (the use of a
single frame) ?

- What are the cretiria used to decide the establishment or not of neighbour
links ?

- What the use of 3-Hop neighbourhood type in the Network Descriptor IE (
802.16-2004)

Thank you in advance

Ramzi TKA
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet