Subject: [manet] Call For Papers: BWAN 2006

From: "Tim Ozugur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 14:06:08 -0500

(Apologies if you are receiving this message more than once) 
 (Submission deadline is extended to 15 June 2006)

--------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS

INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON BROADBAND WIRELESS

ACCESS FOR UBIQUITOUS NETWORKING (BWAN 2006)

20 September 2006 - Alghero, Sardinia, Italy 

(www.bwan.org)

Technically sponsored by IEEE (approval pending) 

IMPORTANT DATES:

Submission of Summaries: 15 June 2006

SPECIAL STUDENT REGISTRATION RATE: 

Early registration rate for students: USD 270 (cut-off date: one month prior
to the workshop)

The late registration rate for students: USD 320

---------------------------------------------------

Scope and Interests 

Today Broadband Wireless access (mobile/nomadic) is emerging to offer
outstanding opportunities. In this new world of communicating devices, the
evolution towards ubiquitous networking is promising new paradigm with the
aim of providing communication capability all the time, everywhere,
transparently and invisibly to the user, using devices embedded in the
surrounding physical environment. The implementation of such a paradigm
requires innovation in wireless network technologies and devices,
development of infrastructures, enablers supporting enhanced features for
ubiquitous capability. 
The workshop is intended to present features based on new architectures
supporting mobility and/or nomadic features for wireless access (IEEE
802.yx, Mesh,...), the sharing of the network access, bandwidth sharing on
radio access, network enablers all favoring the new perspective of
ubiquitous and ambient networking. Within the framework of BWAN 2006, the
next generation of network access will be investigated. 
Topics of interest to this workshop include (but are not limited to)
performance studies and solutions (algorithms, protocols, architectures)
that tend to improve experience of users of services and applications with
context awareness. 

Workshop topics 

  <http://www.bwan.org/immagini/punto_elenco.gif>   New Architectures and
technologies for broadband wireless access (xDSL/FTTx,etc) with mobility
features 

  <http://www.bwan.org/immagini/punto_elenco.gif>   3G and beyond 

  <http://www.bwan.org/immagini/punto_elenco.gif>   Ambient Networking 

  <http://www.bwan.org/immagini/punto_elenco.gif>   AAA (Authentication,
Authorization, Accounting) 

  <http://www.bwan.org/immagini/punto_elenco.gif>   QoS efficient and
scalable routing 

  <http://www.bwan.org/immagini/punto_elenco.gif>   Transport mechanism for
supporting various high speed traffics

  <http://www.bwan.org/immagini/punto_elenco.gif>   End to end security and
privacy issues for ubiquitous Network access

  <http://www.bwan.org/immagini/punto_elenco.gif>   xDSL/FTTx+WiFi modem
with mobility enhancement 

  <http://www.bwan.org/immagini/punto_elenco.gif>   Radio extension such as
802.xy (WiFi, WiMax, etc) P2P network 

  <http://www.bwan.org/immagini/punto_elenco.gif>   Standard and regulations

  <http://www.bwan.org/immagini/punto_elenco.gif>   Low cost and low power
integrated Modulation

  <http://www.bwan.org/immagini/punto_elenco.gif>   Network cost performance
and Business Models

  <http://www.bwan.org/immagini/punto_elenco.gif>   RFID tags,
sensors,actuators, etc

  <http://www.bwan.org/immagini/punto_elenco.gif>   Interference mitigation
for multiple access

  <http://www.bwan.org/immagini/punto_elenco.gif>   IPv6 impact

  <http://www.bwan.org/immagini/punto_elenco.gif>   Cognitive radio

Submission Dates 

  <http://www.bwan.org/immagini/punto_elenco.gif>   Submission of summaries:
15 June 2006

  <http://www.bwan.org/immagini/punto_elenco.gif>   Notification of
Acceptance: 15 July  2006 

  <http://www.bwan.org/immagini/punto_elenco.gif>   Submission Camera Ready
Papers: 10 August 2006 

Publication 

The submissions to be presented at the workshop will be selected, based on
their originality, technical merit and topical relevance of their contents.
All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings that
will be available at the workshop.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet