Subject: [manet] CFP: Minitrack on Wireless Sensor Networks and Applications (within HICSS-40)

From: Mario Di Francesco <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 18:30:53 +0200

[Apologies for possible multiple copies]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
                             Minitrack on	
           WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORKS AND APPLICATIONS
         http://www.cs.odu.edu/~olariu/s-minitrack.html

                          to be held within
                The Software Technology Track of the
   40th HAWAII INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SYSTEM SCIENCES (HICSS-40)

                         January 3-6, 2007
           Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort, Big Island, Hawaii
---------------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS

Developments in computing and sensing hardware and in wireless 
communications have made it technologically feasible and economically 
viable to develop low-power sensor nodes that integrate general-purpose 
computing with multi-purpose sensing and wireless communications 
capabilities. Aggregating sensor nodes into sophisticated sensing, 
computational and communication infrastructures to form wireless sensor 
networks will have a significant impact on a wide array of applications 
ranging from military, to scientific, to industrial, to health-care, to 
domestic, establishing ubiquitous computing that will pervade society 
redefining the way in which we live and work.

This minitrack focuses on fundamental challenges arising in the design 
of wireless sensor networks and their applications. Our goal is to offer 
a forum for high caliber research and experimentation in this booming 
area. We will provide the participants with an up-to-date survey on 
wireless sensor networks and applications.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Sensor-based systems and applications
* Visualization of sensor data
* Middleware and software tools
* Data gathering, aggregation and dissemination
* Embedded network-oriented operating systems
* Networking architectures and protocols
* Hardware aspects of sensor/node design
* Self-organization and governance
* Location and mobility management
* Topology control and time synchronization
* Power Management and energy-efficient design
* Cross-layer architectures
* Intelligent sensors
* Security and dependability issues
* Scalability of wireless sensor networks
* Interfacing with other wireless/mobile systems
* Work models for wireless sensor networks
* Modeling and performance evaluation
* Implementation experience and measurements
* Demos and prototypes

PAPER SUBMISSION

Authors must submit the full paper (by June 15, 2006). For full paper 
preparation and submission, authors must follow the instructions 
available at http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/.  Papers should contain 
original material and not be previously published, or currently 
submitted for consideration elsewhere. At least one author of each 
accepted paper must register to attend the conference

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission of full manuscript		June 15, 2006
Acceptance/Reject notifications		August 15, 2006
Submission of final version		September 15, 2006

MINITRACK CO-CHAIRS

Edoardo Biagioni
Dept. of Information and Computer Science
University of Hawaii
Honolulu, HI 96822
E-mail: [email-masked]

Stephan Olariu
Dept. of Computer Science
Old Dominion University
Norfolk, VA 23529-0162
E-mail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet