Subject: [manet] CFP: Workshops at ACM Sensys 2006

From: Wei Ye <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 00:53:29 -0700

Our Apologies if you have received multiple copies of the CFP.

Wei Ye and Cormac J. Sreenan
SenSys'06 Publicity Co-Chairs
------------

CFP: Workshops at ACM Sensys 2006

ACM Sensys 2006 is sponsored by ACM SIGCOMM, SIGMOBILE, SIGARCH, SIGOPS,
SIGMETRICS and SIGBED; with support from NSF.
http://sensys.acm.org/2006/
 
--------------------------

Workshop on Distributed Smart Cameras (DSC-06)

http://www.iti.tugraz.at/dsc06

Boulder, Colorado, USA
October 31, 2006

Scope:
Distributed smart cameras combine two concepts: physically  
distributed cameras and distributed computing.  Distributed smart  
cameras are examples of high-performance multimedia sensor networks.  
This area brings together researchers in image processing, sensor  
networks, and embedded system architecture.

Several groups are now working on distributed smart cameras, but  
generally pursuing them in different research communities.  This  
meeting would be the first event to bring together all the research  
groups working on this problem.  We solicit papers addressing  
theoretical and practical aspects of distributed smart cameras.  We  
particularly encourage submissions describing applications, case  
studies or deployments.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Distributed embedded systems for video
- Smart camera architectures
- Collaborative embedded vision
- Networking for distributed smart cameras
- Multi-sensor systems and sensor fusion
- Middleware for distributed smart cameras
- Applications of smart cameras in areas such as surveillance,  
  tracking and smart rooms

Submission Instructions:

We invite authors to submit papers no longer than 5 pages in PDF to  
[email-masked]. Accepted papers will made available to workshop  
participants. Demo presentations are welcome. If you plan to present  
a demo of distributed smart cameras contact the workshop co-chairs.

Important Dates:

- Paper submission: July 31, 2006
- Notification of acceptance: Sep 15, 2006
- CR paper submission: Sep. 30, 2006
- Workshop: Oct. 31, 2006

Program co-chairs:
B. Rinner, TU Graz
W. Wolf, Princeton U.

Program committee:
F. Berry, Univ. Clermont-Ferrand
S. Bhattacharyya, U. Maryland
M. Bove, MIT Media Lab
J. Ferryman, Reading Univ.
C. Guestrin, CMU
R. Kleihorst, Philips Research
X. Koutsoukos, Vanderbilt U.
C. Regazzoni, Univ. Genova
M. Srivastava, UCLA
W. Strasser, Univ. Tübingen

--------------------------

First Workshop on World-Sensor-Web (WSW'2006)

Mobile Device Centric Sensory Networks and Applications

http://www.sensorplanet.org/wsw2006/

Boulder, Colorado, USA
October 31, 200

SCOPE

The global use of mobile phones on a scale never seen before enables  
the development of new types of application scenarios. Furthermore, a  
mobile device centric approach to large-scale sensory networks  
provides a challenging platform for research purposes. Additionally,  
connecting sensory networks to the Internet creates endless  
opportunities for applications and services, new emerging models of  
operation.

The workshop aims to address these aspects, beside traditional  
sensory network topics such as power management, communication  
issues, topology management, distributed architectures, peer-to-peer  
scenarios, etc. Demonstrations and initial ideas are welcome as well.

Original, short or position papers (max 5 page), presenting results  
on both theoretical and practical aspects of large-scale mobile  
device centric sensor networks are expected. We are particularly  
interested in prototype descriptions, reports from on-going trials  
and demonstrations, real-life deployments. Live or videod demos are  
encouraged.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

- device centric sensory networks
- communication strategies and topology control
- location and mobility management
- power management, energy-efficient design
- data gathering, transport, storage, retrieval, mining and  
  dissemination
- data analysis and visualisation
- modelling and simulation software tools
- experimental systems and demonstrations
- real-life deployments, middleware implementations
- beyond location sensing
- intelligent sensors, body sensors and their utilisation
- phone as a gateway
- end-user aspects, UI issues, use cases
- sensory networks and the Web

WORKSHOP CO-ORGANIZERS

Henry Tirri, Nokia Research Center, Helsinki, Finland
Barbara Heikkinen, Nokia Research Center, Helsinki, Finland
Boda Péter, Nokia Research Center, Helsinki, Finland

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Joe Paradiso, MIT Media Laboratory, Cambridge, MA, USA
Deborah Estrin, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Gaetano Borriello, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Philippe Bonnet, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Sam Madden, MIT CSAIL, Cambridge, USA
Jukka Salminen, Nokia research Center, Helsinki, Finland

IMPORTANT DATES

Papers due:                   September 1, 2006
Notification of acceptance    September 30, 2006
Camera-ready papers due       October 10, 2006

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

WSW'2006 invites submissions for position papers or short papers on  
prototype descriptions, early research results, reports from on-going  
demonstrations, etc. Demonstrations, live or videod, are mostly  
encouraged.

All papers should meet the following formatting rules:

1. Papers should be submitted in PDF format.
2. The maximum length is five pages. The paper size format is US 
   letter, including all text, figures, references, appendices, etc.
3. Two column formatting
4. One-inch margins on all sides
5. Minimum 10-point font size (smaller fonts are acceptable for  
   footnotes, references, and figure captions).

Questions, inquiries

Please mail to peter dot boda at nokia dot com with subject WSW2006. 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet