Subject: [manet] Call for participation: WICON 2006

From: Tristan Henderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 11:03:43 -0400

Apologies if you receive this more than once.

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Wireless Internet Conference (WICON 2006)
August 2-5 2006, Boston, USA
http://www.wicon.org

Sponsored by ICST, Create-Net and EU (IST-FET)
In cooperation with ACM SIGMOBILE and IEEE Computer Society (pending
approval)

PROGRAM:

August 2

9:00 Welcome

9:15 Session I: Wireless Measurement
- Spatio-Temporal Modeling of Traffic Workload in a Campus WLAN.
  Felix Hernandez-Campos, Merkouris Karaliopoulos, Maria Papadopouli,
  and Haipeng Shen (University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, USA)
- Characterization by Measurement of a CDMA 1x EVDO Network. Mark
  Claypool (WPI, USA)
- End-To-End Microflow Performance Measurement of IPv6 Traffic Over
  Diverse Wireless Topologies. Dimitrios Pezaros, Manolis Sifalakis,
  David Hutchison (Lancaster University, UK)

10:30 Coffee break

11:00 Keynote 1

12:00 Lunch

1:00 Session II: Wireless Mesh Networks
- A Simple and Efficient Hop-by-hop Congestion Control Protocol for
  Wireless Mesh Networks. Bahareh Sadeghi (Intel, USA), Akira Yamada,
  Atsushi Fujiwara (DoCoMo, Japan), Lily Yang (Intel, USA)
- Proposed Routing for IEEE 802.11s Mesh Networks. Michael Bahr
  (Siemens, Germany)
- VoIP over Wireless Mesh Neworks: Challenges and Approaches.  Xudong
  Wang, Abhishek Patil, and Weilin Wang (Kiyon, USA)
- Mesh Technology enabling Ubiquitous Wireless Networks. Guido R.
  Hiertz, Sebastian Max, Erik Wei, Lars Berlemann (RWTH Aachen,
  Germany), Dee Denteneer (Philips, Netherlands), Stefan Mangold
  (Swisscom, Switzerland)

2:45 Coffee break

3:15 Session III: Congestion Control
- Congestion Control in CSMA-Based Networks with Inconsistent Channel
  State. V. Gambiroza and E. Knightly (Rice University, USA)
- A TCP with Guaranteed Performance in Networks with Dynamic
  Congestion and Random Wireless Losses, Stefan Schmid, Roger
  Wattenhofer (ETH, Switzerland)

4:00 Session IV: Wireless Performance
- Combinatorial Approaches to QoS Scheduling in Multichannel Wireless
  Networks. Rajagopal Iyengar (RPI, USA).
- Design and Implementation of a Socket-level Bandwidth Aggregation
  Mechanism for Wireless Networks. Hiroshi Sakakibara (Keio
  University, Japan).
- Improving Layer 3 Handoff Delay in IEEE 802.11 Wireless Networks.
  Andrea Forte, Sangho Shin, Henning Schulzrinne (Columbia University,
  USA).

August 3

9:00 Session V: Spectrum Efficiency
- Opportunistic Spectrum Access: Challenges, Architecture, and
  Protocols. C. Santivanez, Ram Ramanathan, Craig Partridge, R.
  Krishnan, M. Condell, S. Polit (BBN Technologies, USA)
- Single-Packet Radiolocation of 802.11 Wireless Sources Using an
  Array of Stationary Antennas and High-Speed RF Multiplexing.  Danko
  Antolovic (Indiana University, USA)
- Selecting Transmit Powers and Carrier Sense Thresholds in CSMA.
  Jason A. Fuemmeler, Nitin H. Vaidya, Venugopal V. Veeravalli, UIUC.

10:30 Coffee break

11:00 Keynote 2

12:00 Lunch

1:00 Panel organized by Dr. Sneha Kumar

2:30 Session VI: Wireless Security
- An efficient signature representation and matching method for mobile
  devices. Deepak Venugopal.
- A Low-Cost Robust Localization Scheme for WLAN. S. Pandey, F. Anjum,
  B.  Kim and P. Agrawal.

3:15 Coffee break

3:45 Session VII: Future Wireless Networks
- Toward People-Centric Urban Sensing. Andrew Campbell (Dartmouth
  University, USA).
- Vehicular Grid Communications: The Role of the Internet
  Infrastructure. Mario Gerla, Biao Zhou, Yeng-Zhong Lee, Fabio Soldo,
  Uichin Lee, Gustavo Marfia (UCLA, USA).
- Context Reactive User Experience. Babak Hodjat (Dejima Inc., USA)

August 4: Industry Track

9:00 Welcome

9:15 Session I: Applications
- Adaptive Wireless Video Streaming Proxy for Home Entertainment
  Networks. Richard Chen (Philips Research), Pei Liu (Polytechnic
  University) , Karl Wittig , Ruediger Schmitt (Philips Research)
- Intel VoIP over WLAN Architecture. Ajay V. Bakre (Intel Research,
  Berkeley)
- Ontology and Application to Improve Dynamic Bindings in Mobile
  Distributed Systems. Ben Falchuk, Dave Marples (Telcordia
  Technologies)

10:30 Coffee break

11:00 Keynote

12:00 Lunch

1:00 Session II: Infrastructure
- Towards an Internet Mobility Management Architecture.  James Kempf
  (DoCoMo labs, USA) and Phil Roberts (Motorola Labs)
- Antenna Tilt Control in CDMA Networks.  George Calcev , Matt Dillon
  (Motorola, Inc.)
- Impact of the 802.11e MAC Layer on Mixed TCP-based Applications.
  Marina Thottan (Bell Labs) and Michele Weigle (Clemson University)
- Evolution of Spectrum-Agile Cognitive Radios: First Wireless
  Internet Standard and Beyond. Kiran Challapali, Carlos Cordeiro,
  Dagnachew Birru (Philips Research)

2:45 Coffee break

3:15 Panel

August 5: Workshops

- TAPAS (Workshop on Technology and Policy for Accessing Spectrum)
  www.tapas.org
- WISEC (Workshop on Security in Wireless Networks) www.secwin.org
- WITMEMO (Workshop on Wireless Traffic Measurements and Modelling)
  www.witmemo.org

COMMITTEES:

General Chair:
Ravi Jain, Google
Ram Ramjee, Bell Labs

Technical Program Co-Chairs:
Lili Qiu, University of Texas at Austin
Andras Valko, Ericsson

Steering Committee Chair:
Imrich Chlamtac, Create-Net

Publicity Co-Chairs:
Tristan Henderson, Dartmouth
Mun Coon Chan, Bell Labs
Carla-Fabiana Chiasserini, Politechnico di Torino

Local Chair:
Guevara Noubir

Workshop Co-Chairs:
Suman Banerjee, Univ. of Wisconsin
Chiara Petrioli, Rome University

Industry track Co-Chairs:
Sujata Banerjee, HP
Milind Buddhikot, Bell Labs

Panel Chair:
Sneha Kasera, University of Utah

Poster Co-Chair:
Christian Bettstetter, University of Klagenfurt
Rajeev Shorey, National Univ. of Singapore

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet