Subject: [manet] SecureComm 2006 - CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

From: Cristina Nita-Rotaru <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 10:48:32 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Colleague,

 Please find attached the call for participation for the Second
 International Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication
 Networks (SecureComm 2006) to be held in Baltimore, MD from Aug. 28
 to Sept. 1, 2006.

 The complete information is available on the website:
 www.securecomm.org

 The list of accepted papers is included in this announcement. The
 detailed technical  program will be available shortly.

 We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message. Please
 feel free to distribute this to colleagues who might be interested.

Best Regards,

SecureComm 2006 Organizing  Committee

*******************************************************************

	                CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

                           SecureComm 2006

       Second International Conference on Security and Privacy in
               Communication Networks (SecureComm 2006)

	      Baltimore, MD, USA, Aug. 28 - Sep. 1, 2006

                    URL: http://www.securecomm.org

                           CO-SPONSORED BY:

             IEEE Communications Society (www.comsoc.org)
                    CreateNet (www.create-net.it)

		    In Cooperation with ACM SIGSAC

		Early Registration Ends August 1, 2006
*******************************************************************

The scope of Securecomm 2006 has been broadened since the inaugural
2005 event. Topics of interest encompass research advances in ALL
areas of secure communications and networking.  Securecomm aims to
bring together security and privacy experts in academia, industry and
government as well as practitioners, standards developers and policy
makers.  Securecomm also serves as a venue for learning about
state-of-the-art in security and privacy research. Presentations
reporting on cutting-edge research results are supplemented by panels
on controversial issues and invited talks on timely and important
topics.

KEYNOTE/INVITED TALKS:

* Tue, August 29th, Speaker: Charles Palmer, IBM
* Wed, August 30th, Speaker: Brian Snow, Recently with DoD/NSA

PAPERS: The list of accepted papers is below. A detailed technical
program will be announced shortly.

*******

A Double Horizon Defense Design for Robust Regulation of Malicious Traffic
 Ying Xu, Roch Guerin

A Flexible Approach to Intrusion Alert Anonymization and Correlation
    Dingbang Xu, Peng Ning

A Framework for Identifying Compromised Nodes in Sensor Networks
        Qing Zhang, Ting Yu, Peng Ning

A Server-Side Proxy for Preventing Cross Site Request Forgery Attacks
   Nenad Jovanovic, Christopher Kruegel, Engin Kirda

An Architecture for an Email Worm Prevention System
     Mohamed Taibah, Ehab Al-Shaer

An Identity-based Ring Signature Scheme with Enhanced Privacy
   Chandana Gamage, Ben Gras, Andrew Tanenbaum, Bruno Crispo

An Intelligent Infrastructure Strategy to Improving the Performance and
        Detection Capability of Intrusion Detection Systems
        Emmanuel Hooper

Attacking Mobile Phones by Exploiting Emerging Vulnerabilities in
       Cellular Data Services
  Hao Chen, Denys Ma, Radmilo Racic

DaTA -- Data Transparent Authentication without Communication Overhead
  Songqing Chen

Denial of Service Attacks and Defenses in Decentralized Trust Management
        Ninghui Li, Jiangtao Li, XiaoFeng Wang, Ting Yu

Detecting the Sybil Attack in Ad hoc Networks
        Clay Shields, Chris Piro, Brian N. Levine

Detection of Anomalous Network Packets using Lightweight Stateless Payload
Inspection
      Nnamdi Nwanze, Douglas Summerville, Victor Skormin

Discount Anonymous On Demand Routing for Mobile Ad hoc Networks
        Liu Yang, Markus Jakobsson, Susanne Wetzel

Distributed Authentication of Program Integrity Verification in Wireless
Sensor Networks
        Katharine Chang, Kang G. Shin

Distributed Stealthy Coordination Mechanism for Worm Synchronization
    Gaurav Kataria, Adrian Perrig, Dawn Song, Ramayya Krishnan,
     Gaurav Anand, Rudolph Araujo

Effective Detection of Active Worms with Varying Scan Rate
        Wei Yu, Xun Wang, Dong Xuan, David Lee

Enabling Confidentiality in Content-Based Publish/Subscribe
Infrastructures
 Costin Raiciu, David Rosenblum

Enhancing Benign User Cooperation in the Presence of Malicious
  Adversaries in Ad Hoc Networks
  John Baras, George Theodorakopoulos

How to Design Connected Sensor Networks that are Provably Secure
        Roberto Di Pietro, Luigi Mancini, Alessandro Mei, Alessandro
        Panconesi, Jaikumar Radhakrishnan

Implementation and Performance Evaluation of EAP-TLS-KS
 Susanne Wetzel, Jared Cordasco, Ulrike Meyer

In-Band Wormholes and Countermeasures in OLSR Networks
        Peter Kruus, Dan Sterne, Richard Gopaul, Michael Heyman,
        Brian Rivera, Peter Budulas, Brian Luu, Tommy Johnson,
        Natalie Ivanic, Geoff Lawler

Leveraging IPsec for Mandatory Access Control Across Systems
        Trent Jaeger, Dave King, Kevin Butler, Serge Hallyn, Joy
	Latten, Xiaolan Zhang

Message Dropping Attacks in Overlay Networks: Attack Detection
and Attacker Identification
        Liang Xie, Sencun Zhu

MOBIWORP: Mitigation of the Wormhole Attack in Mobile Multihop Wireless
Networks
       Issa Khalil, Saurabh Bagchi, Ness Shroff

Non-Invasive Methods for Host Certification
        Patrick Traynor, Michael Chien, Scott Weaver, Boniface Hicks,
Patrick McDaniel

On filtering of DDoS attacks based on source address prefixes
   Cristian Estan, Gary Pack, Jaeyoung Yoon, Eli Collins

On Mobile Viruses Exploiting Messaging and Bluetooth Services
        Abhijit Bose, Kang G. Shin

Packet coding for strong anonymity in ad hoc networks
        Imad Aad, Claude Castelluccia, Jean-Pierre Hubaux

Provably Secure Ubiquitous Systems: Universally Composable RFID
Authentication Protocols
        Mike Burmester, Tri van Le, Breno de Medeiros

Secure Real-time User Preference Collection for Broadcast Scheduling
        Xuhua Ding, Baihua Zheng, Shuhong Wang

TOPO: A Topology-aware Single Packet Attack Traceback Scheme
    Linfeng Zhang, Yong Guan

Towards More Efficient Distance Bounding Protocols for Use in Sensor
Networks
        Catherine Meadows, Paul Syverson, LiWu Chang

******************

POSTERS/DEMOS:

Securecomm 2006 will include poster/demonstration sessions that shall
provide a forum to present and discuss: works in progress, industry
demonstrations of new applications and techniques, practical
implementations, industrial and commercial developments, research
testbeds and demonstrations, recent research/implementation results,
upcoming research challenges, future directions, and novel approaches
in the fields of communications and network security and privacy.

WORKSHOPS: The conference will also feature workshops on hot topics
related to communication network security.

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------

Early Registration Deadline:	August 1, 2006
Conference Dates:		Aug. 28 - Sep. 1, 2006

For information regarding the conference, please visit
http://www.securecomm.org or contact one of the Chairs below.

		   CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

General Co-Chairs
-----------------

Mukesh Singhal, University of Kentucky, [email-masked]
John Baras, University of Maryland, College Park, [email-masked]

Technical Program Co-Chairs
---------------------------

Steve Kent, BBN, [email-masked]
Gene Tsudik, UC Irvine,  [email-masked]

Workshops Chair
---------------

G. Manimaran, Iowa State University, [email-masked]

Panels Co-Chairs
----------------

Bruno Crispo, Vrije Universiteit, Netherlands, [email-masked]
Avishai Wool, Technion, Israel, [email-masked]

Research Demos/Exhibits Chair
-----------------------------

Tom Karygiannis, NIST, [email-masked]

Sponsorships Chair
------------------

Byrav Ramamurthy, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, [email-masked]

Publicity Co-Chairs
-------------------

Peng Liu, Penn State University, [email-masked]
Cristina Nita-Rotaru, Purdue University, [email-masked]

Publication Chair
-----------------

Farooq Anjum, Telcordia Technologies, [email-masked]

Steering Committee:
-------------------

 Imrich Chlamtac (Chair), Create-Net
 Krishna M. Sivalingam (Co-Chair), University of Maryland, Baltimore
County
 Gene Tsudik, University of California, Irvine
 Brian Bigalke,  (Staff Liaison, IEEE Communications Society)

		   TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
		   ---------------------------

 N. Asokan	        Nokia Research
 Giuseppe Ateniese	Johns Hopkins University
 Tuomas Aura		Microsoft Research
 Dirk Balfanz		PARC
 Bharat Bhargava	Purdue
 Matt Bishop		University of California, Davis
 Levente Buttyan	Budapest University of Technology
 Srdjan Capkun		Technical University of Denmark
 Claude Castelluccia	Inria Rhone-Alpes
 Tom Chen		Southern Methodist University
 Giovanni Di Crescenzo 	Telcordia Research
 Bruno Crispo		Vrije Universitet
 Breno de Medeiros	University of Central Florida
 Robert Deng		Singapore Management University
 Xuhua Ding		Singapore Management University
 Glenn Durfee		PARC
 Bao Feng		Institute for Infocomm Research
 Dieter Gollmann	Technical University of Hamburg-Harb
 Richard Han		University of Colorado at Boulder
 Tom Karygiannis	NIST
 Yongdae Kim		University of Minnessota
 Christopher Kruegel	Technical University of Vienna
 Brian LaMacchia	Microsoft
 Carl Landwehr		University of Maryland
 Wenke Lee		Georgia Tech
 Albert Levi		Sabanci University,
 Ninghui Li		Purdue
 Peng Liu		Pennsylvania State University
 Luigi Mancini		Unversity of Rome - La Sapienza
 Fabio Massacci		University of Trento
 Ludovic Me'		Supelec
 Pietro Michiardi	Eurecom Institute
 Refik Molva		Eurecom Institute
 Mats Naslund		Ericsson Research
 Pekka Nikander		Ericsson Nomadiclab
 Cristina Nita-Rotaru	Purdue
 Radha Poovendran	University of Washington
 Byrav Ramamurthy	University of Nebraska-Lincoln
 Michael Roe		Microsoft Research
 Sanjeev Setia		George Mason University
 Cliff Wang		Army Research Laboratory
 Helen Wang		Microsoft Research
 Ron Watro		BBN
 Dirk Westhoff		NEC Research
 Susanne Wetzel		Stevens Institute of Technology
 Avishai Wool		Tel Aviv University
 Shouhuai Xu		University of Texas, San Antonio
 Xiaowei Yang		University of California, Irvine
 Bulent Yener 		Rensselauer Polytechnic Institute
 Jeong Hyun Yi		Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology
 Jianying Zhou		Institute for Infocomm Research
 Alf Zugenmaier		DoCoMo Labs

************************************************************************

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet