Subject: [manet] IEEE SECON 2006: Call for Demo/Posters, New Deadline

From: Stefano Basagni <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 16:13:02 -0400 (EDT)

(Apologies if you receive this call multiple times.)
***********************************************************************
		      CALL FOR POSTERS and DEMOS

               NEW DEADLINE: July 16, 2006, 5 pm EDT*

			   IEEE SECON 2006
	      The Third IEEE International Conference on
	 Sensors, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks
                                                                          
		   http://www.ieee-secon.org/2006/

      Sponsored by IEEE Communications Society (www.comsoc.org)
	  Technically Co-Sponsored by AFCEA (www.afcea.org)
                                                                          
			September  25-28, 2006
     Reston, Virginia, USA (Near Washington DC's Dulles airport)
************************************************************************
To provide  a forum for discussion  and personal interaction
between  presenter and  participants, IEEE  SECON  2006 will
include   poster  and   demonstration  sessions:   works  in
progress,  industry demonstrations  of new  applications and
techniques, practical  implementations, military, industrial
and   commercial   developments,   research   testbeds   and
demonstrations,   recent   research/implementation  results,
upcoming research  challenges, future directions,  and novel
approaches  in  the  fields  of  sensor,  mesh  and  ad  hoc
communications and  networks. One of  the key goals  of this
conference  is  to  foster collaboration  between  industry,
government agencies  and academia.  Hence,  participation of
researchers/developers from industry or governement agencies
and   posters/demonstrations   reporting   joint  work   are
especially encouraged.

Topics considered for posters  and demo are, but not limited
to:

    * New    architectures   and   protocols    to   support
      communication,   localization,  time  synchronization,
      routing,  data  dissemination,  and other  distributed
      services  in  heterogeneous, large-scale  distributed,
      mesh networks and sensor networks

    * Novel   algorithms   and   theories  for   management,
      supervisory control, and  monitoring of distributed ad
      hoc  networks, and  techniques for  the interpretation
      and use of sensor data in decision-making processes

    * Modeling  and  performance  evaluation of  large-scale
      distributed  ad  hoc  and sensor  networks,  practical
      implementations   and   deployments,  and   real-world
      experiences

    * Theories  and models  on  fundamental information  and
      communication  aspects  of  wireless mesh  and  sensor
      networks

    * Mechanisms for authenticated, secure communication and
      data dissemination in sensor and mesh networks

    * Algorithms and protocols to support quality of service
      in  mesh  and  sensor  networks,  including  admission
      control,   resource  allocation   and   fairness,  and
      capacity planning

    * Integration   of  sensors  into   engineered  systems,
      including  novel  techniques  for on-sensor  renewable
      power     sources,     mechanisms    for     on-sensor
      self-calibration   and  self-testing,   and  efficient
      schemes to maximize accuracy and minimize false alarms

    * Hardware  platforms  incorporating  multiple  sensors,
      computation, actuation, and wireless interfaces

    * Software platforms, middleware, and tools for mesh and
      sensor  network applications  development, deployment,
      and management

Submissions should  be in the form of  a proposal describing
the main contributions of  the poster/demo and the merits of
the  proposed ideas. If  available, preliminary  results can
also be  included. Proposals will be  evaluated mainly based
on  their potential  to  stimulate interesting  discussions,
exchange of ideas and promote collaborations.

A prize will be awarded to  the best demo by a jury composed
of academic and/or venture capital participants.

Submissions should not be  more than three pages (preferably
IEEE conference  format, 2-column) in  length. Demonstration
submissions should include the space requirements and/or any
other  equipment-specific requirements.  The  documents must
contain  the  authors'   names,  affiliations,  and  contact
information and the designated corresponding author.

Accepted authors  of posters/demos will have a  space in the
poster/demo session room to display their posters or exhibit
their  demos and  describe  their work  in discussions  with
interested attendees.

IEEE Communications Society  policy states that all accepted
SECON 2006 posters/demos must have at least one registration
at  the  regular  rate.  For authors  co-authoring  multiple
posters/demos, one  regular registration is valid  for up to
three presentations.

Submission will be accepted until  Sunday July 16 2006, 5 pm
EDT for  demos and for  posters. Please send  the submission
material to  the poster/demo chairs in pdf  format, and make
sure to include  the first author name and  either POSTER or
DEMO in the name of the pdf file:

Stefano Basagni			      Cedric Westphal	
Northeastern University		   Nokia	
[email-masked]	   	   [email-masked]

Notification of Poster/Demo decisions: August 7, 2006. 
Presenters MUST register by August 31, 2006.
************************************************************

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet