Subject: RE: [manet] RE: [Autoconf] Fwd: I-DACTION:draft-chakeres-manet-iana-00.txt

From: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:11:51 +0100

> I just want to clarify that SMF has three neighborhood discovery modes
> defined in -02. The writeup below sounds like its always required to
run
> NHDP separately.  So SMF does not need to see HELLOs in mode (2) or
(1) just
> for clarification.

Thanks for that. I was of course just considering your case (3), as it's
the
one that poses the biggest challenges. But (partly because it wasn't
relevant
to my point, and partly because I'd forgotten all were actually defined
in
SMF -02) I didn't spell that out. But for case (3) there are the
challenges
I noted (or at least I think there are - simplification without loss of
capability very welcome).

>  1.  Classical Flooding (CF) mode with no requirement for discovery or
>      knowledge of neighborhood topology,
>
>  2.  External control mode where an external process dynamically sets
>      the local SMF relay status (e.g., Early SMF prototypes have
>      leveraged neighborhood toplogy information collected by MANET
>      unicast routing protocols such as OLSRv2 or Manet-OSPF ), and

I think something got lost here, but nothing critical to this point.

>  3.  Independent operating mode using a neighborhood discovery
>      ("hello") protocol to collect the local topology information
>      required for the various CDS algorithm modes discussed in the
>      Appendices.

********************************************************************
This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended
recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender.
You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or
distribute its contents to any other person.
********************************************************************

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet