Subject: [manet] IEEE NIME 2007 CFP (Deadline Approaching)

From: Giovanni Pau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:41:04 +0200

CALL FOR PAPERS

3rd IEEE International Workshop on Networking Issues
in Multimedia Entertainment (NIME'07)

CCNC 2007 - Satellite Workshop
January 11 2007, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Sponsored by the IEEE Communications Society

The growing availability of digital contents and the simultaneous cost
reductions in storage, processing, and networking is driving the  
growth of
the entertainment technology. While in the past entertainment technology
traditionally offered predominantly passive experiences, continual
advances in network and computer technologies are providing tools for
implementing greater interactivity and for enabling consumers to enjoy
more exciting experiences, such as, for example, interactive digital TV,
interactive theatre and orchestrated music and sound design. This
phenomenon is pulling together an extremely diverse group of experts
specializing in different technical areas, such as networking, computer
graphics, artificial intelligence, games, animation, multimedia design,
human-computer interaction, educational media and software engineering.
Even though high-tech entertainment promotes interdisciplinary  
fusion, yet
only the ubiquity of wireless/wired communication is considered suitable
for accepting the challenge of building a large interactive environment
for the delivery of the maximum entertainment value to millions of
consumers worldwide. In this respect, there is a great hope that the  
wired
and wireless may take over this complex scenario for fulfilling the
consumer expectations. The third IEEE International Workshop on  
Networking
Issues in Multimedia Entertainment provides an open forum for  
researchers,
engineers and academia to exchange the latest technical information and
research findings on next-generation networked multimedia concepts,
technologies, systems, and applications for entertainment covering
existing deployments, current developments and future evolution. Authors
are solicited to submit complete unpublished papers in the following,  
but
not limited to, topic areas:

Technologies for Entertainment:
Architectures, Platforms and Protocols for Networked Games
Internetworking, Vertical Roaming and Session
Handoffs for Entertainment (Internet to WLAN, to 3G/BT/...)
Home LANs, Body and Personal Area Networks for Entertainment
Media and Device Adaptation
Music and Movie Distribution
Next Generation Wireless Technologies for Entertainment
(IEEE802.11n, UWB and Beyond)
Opportunistic Multi-hopping and Opportunistic Networks for Entertainment
QoS and Security Support for Entertainment
Resource and Service Discovery Technologies (P2P, LDAP, …)
Technologies for Networked In-Home/Car/Flight/Train Entertainment
TV-Centric and Broadcast Networks for Entertainment

Entertainment Applications:
Agent-based Entertainment
Augmented, Virtual and Mixed Reality
Artificial Intelligence
Evolutionary Entertainment
Interactive Television and Theater
Massive Multiplayer Games
Mobile and Wireless Entertainment
Networked Entertainment
Networked Narrative and Digital Interactive Storytelling
Networked Video, Music and Sound Design
Pervasive Entertainment
Personalized and User-Adapted Television
Sport, News and Entertainment
Virtual Technology and Virtual Environments for Entertainment
Wearable Entertainment
Wireless and Mobile Gaming
Testbed and Performance Evaluation

Guidelines for Submission

Submitted papers must represent original material that is not currently
under review in any other conference or journal, and has not been
previously published.

- Paper length should not exceed five-page technical paper manuscript. -
Please see author information page for submission guidelines at CCNC’07
website (http://www.ieee-ccnc.org). The paper should be used as the  
basis
for a 20-30 minute Workshop presentation.
- Papers should be submitted in a .pdf or .ps format by selecting  
CCNC'07
at the EDAS paper submission website (http://www.edas.info) and then
selecting the workshop submission link.
- A separate cover sheet should show the title of the paper, the  
author(s)
name(s) and affiliation(s), and the address (including e-mail,  
telephone,
and fax) to which the correspondence should be sent.
- All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings. -
At least one author of accepted papers is required to register at the  
full
registration rate.

Important Dates

August 10, 2006		Paper submission
September 15, 2006	Author Notification
October 10, 2006        Camera-ready Copy
October 8, 2006		Author Registration Deadline
January 11, 2007	Workshop date

Co-Chairs

Marco Roccetti (University of Bologna, Italy, [email-masked])
Giovanni Pau (UCLA, USA, [email-masked])
Abdennour El-Rhalibi  (Liverpool John Moores University, UK,
[email-masked])

========================================
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because it is dressed in overalls
and looks like work."

(Thomas Alva Edison)
=======================================
Giovanni Pau, PhD
Research Scientist
UCLA - Computer Science Department
3803A BH, Boelter Hall
Los Angeles,  90095 CA
Ph: (310) - 206-3212
Cell: (310) - 617-4728
Fax: (310)- 825-7578
http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~gpau

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet