Subject: [manet] IEEE SECON 2007 CFP (deadline 7 December 2006!)

From: "DOHLER Mischa RD-TECH-GRE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:24:55 +0200

Dear all,

My sincere apologies for mulitple copies of below CFP.

We kindly invite you to submit relevant papers to SECON, IEEE ComSoc's
flagship conference on sensor, mesh and ad hoc networks.

Please, note that the deadline is not far off.

Wishing you a good weekend,
Mischa.

________________________________

Dr Mischa Dohler
France Telecom R&D
Senior Research Expert

Tel: +33 4 76 76 45 14
Fax: +33 4 76 76 44 50
Mob: +33 6 74 70 86 75
Eml: [email-masked]
Www: google "Mischa Dohler"
________________________________

========================================================================
                           CALL FOR PAPERS

                           IEEE SECON 2007

          The Fourth IEEE Communications Society Conference on
          Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks

                   http://www.ieee-secon.org/2007/

                             Merged with
IEEE International Workshop on Wireless Ad-hoc & Sensor Networks (IWWAN)

                      San Diego, California, USA
                           June 18-21, 2007
========================================================================

The fourth annual IEEE SECON conference will provide a unique forum to
exchange ideas, techniques, and applications, discuss best practices,
raise awareness, and share experiences among researchers, practitioners,
standard developers and policy makers in the field of sensor, ad-hoc, 
and mesh networks and systems. IEEE SECON grew out of IEEE INFOCOM in 
2004, in order to create an event that focused on the important and 
exciting topics of sensor, mesh and ad-hoc communications and networks.
This year, SECON has been merged with the IEEE International Workshop
on Wireless Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks (IWWAN).

Original technical papers that address the communications, networking,
applications, systems and algorithmic aspects of mesh and sensor
networks, as well as those that describe practical deployment and
implementation experiences are solicited for presentation at the
conference and publication in the conference proceedings. Papers
presenting novel contributions in such disciplines as communications,
networking protocols and architectures, algorithms, embedded systems,
middleware and information management, and novel applications are
solicited.

PAPERS:

Full papers describing original, previously unpublished research
work, experimental efforts, practical experiences, and industrial and
commercial developments in sensor, ad-hoc, and mesh communications and
networks are solicited. Authors are particularly encouraged to submit
papers that have a deep focus on a specific discipline, are stimulated
by the synergistic interaction of diverse disciplines, or describe
practical application of technology to real-world problems. Submitted
papers should not be concurrently under review at any another workshop,
symposium, conference, or journal.

Specific topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Architectures and protocols to support wireless communication, 
localization, time synchronization, routing, data dissemination, and 
other distributed services in heterogeneous, large-scale, distributed 
mesh and sensor networks.

* Algorithms and theories for management, supervisory control, and
monitoring of distributed ad-hoc networks, and techniques for the 
interpretation and use of sensor data in decision-making processes.

* Theories and models on fundamental information and communication
aspects of wireless mesh and sensor networks.

* Mechanisms for authenticated, secure communication and data 
dissemination in sensor and mesh networks.

* Algorithms and protocols to support quality of service in mesh and
sensor networks, including admission control, resource allocation and 
fairness, and capacity planning.

* Performance measurement and modeling techniques for large-scale
distributed ad-hoc and sensor networks and their evaluation.

* Integration of sensors into engineered systems, including techniques 
for exploiting on-sensor renewable power sources, mechanisms for online 
self-calibration and self-testing, and schemes to maximize accuracy and 
minimize false alarms.

* Hardware platforms and testbeds incorporating multiple sensors,
embedded processors, actuators, and wireless interfaces.

* Software architectures, middleware, and tools for mesh and sensor
network applications development, deployment, and management.

* Practical implementations, case-studies, and real-world experiences 
in designing and deploying large scale ad-hoc, mesh, and sensor network
applications.

POSTERS, DEMOS, AND EXHIBITS: 

SECON will also include poster/demo sessions that provide an interactive
forum to present work in progress, showcase real system implementations,
highlight industrial/commercial developments, and discuss key research 
challenges in the fields of sensor, mesh, and ad-hoc networks. Details
about the poster and demo submission procedure will soon be available
on the conference web site.

PAPER SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:

Paper submissions will be handled electronically through the EDAS web 
based system. Details about the submission process including formatting
instructions and templates will be available soon at the conference
website located at http://www.ieee-secon.org/2007/.

Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings and will
be archived on IEEE Xplore. IEEE Communications Society policy mandates
that all accepted SECON 2007 papers must have at least one associated 
registration at the regular rate. For authors co-authoring  multiple 
papers, one regular registration is valid for up to three papers.

IMPORTANT DATES:

Paper registration: November 30, 2006 (by 11:59pm PST)
Full paper submission: December 7, 2006 (by 11:59pm PST)
Decision notification: February 26, 2007
Camera ready paper due: March 22, 2007

CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITEE:

GENERAL CHAIR:
Rene Cruz, UC San Diego ([email-masked])

VICE-CHAIR:
Wendi Heinzelman, U. Rochester ([email-masked])

TECHNICAL PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS:
Kevin Almeroth, UC Santa Barbara ([email-masked])
Robin Kravets, UIUC ([email-masked])

PUBLICITY CHAIR:
Vijay Raghunathan, Purdue University

LOCAL ARRANGEMENTS CHAIR:
Curt Schurgers, UC San Diego

PANELS CHAIR:
Wenye Wang, NC State University

WEB CHAIR:
Navid Ehsan, UC San Diego

STANDING COMMITTEE: 
Fred Bauer, PacketHop ([email-masked]) - Chair
Harvey Freeman, Booz Allen Hamilton
Sung-Ju Lee, HP Labs
Prasant Mohapatra, University of California, Davis
Krishna Sivalingam, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
Mischa Dohler, France Telecom
Hamid Aghvami, King's College London

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE:
To Be Announced

========================================================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet