Subject: [manet] Draft Update: draft-badis-manet-qolsr-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 16:46:33 +0200

Hi all ;==)

I have submitted an update draft version (03 ==> 04), which
focuses on QoS in ad hoc networks using QOLSR.

draft URL:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-badis-manet-qolsr-04.txt

Major changes from version 03 to version 04

   - Generalization of QMPRs selection algorithm.  Instead of QMPRs
     computation based only on bandwidth and delay, any QoS metric can
     be used, which may be applicable in specific scenarios.
     QMPRs-Metrics SHOULD be declared before QOLSR running.  Otherwise,
     bandwidth and delay are used as default parameters for the QMPRs
     selection.

   - Introduction of support for multiple interfaces.

Major changes from version 02 to version 03

   - Standard MPRs are used to reduce the flooding of broadcast packets
     in the network instead of QMPRs.

   - TC messages are generated by QMPRs and relayed by MPRs.

   - A new algorithm for QMPRs selection.

   - QOLSR routes contain only QMPRs as intermediate nodes between a
     source destination pair.

   - Using the QOLSR protocol, a node keeps information about the next
     hop alone. So, it loses the ability to distinguish the part of used
     capacity that is induced by the given flow from other ones. There
     are cases in which a source node continuously changes a flow's next
     hop in response to the change of available bandwidth on its path
     and cannot tell apart the traffic induced by itself from traffic
     generated by other nodes. This situation is called the oscillation
     problem. Tow solutions are proposed to resolve this problem: at the
     source or distributedly by each hop in the path.

A more detail about QOLSR project and simulation code can be found at
http://qolsr.lri.fr/ and an implementaion will be soon available.

Any comments on the subject are welcome.

Best regards

--Hakim.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet