Subject: [manet] CFP: Special Issue, IEEE WirelessComMag (Extended Deadline: Oct.15)

From: Xi Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 02:05:10 -0500 (CDT)

****Sorry for receiving multiple copies****

______________________

Call for Papers for Special Issue on "Next Generation CDMA vs. OFDMA for
4G Wireless Applications" IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine

The great success of the Internet and wireless communications has opened
a new vista for future all-IP wireless applications, driven by increasing
demand for packet data services in worldwide 2.5G and 3G networks. It has
been envisioned that the future wireless systems will be operating based
mainly on burst data services carrying multimedia contents, including
voice, data, image and video. The needs to support high-speed burst-type
traffic in wireless channels have already posed a great challenge to the
current air-link technologies based on CDMA. There have been a lot of
debates on the air-link technologies most suitable for the 4G
wireless. It has been suggested from the research that the traditional
CDMA technologies (used in IS-95, CDMA2000, W-CDMA, TD-SCDMA, etc.) are
suited only for slow-speed continuous-transmission applications such as
voice, but not suitable for high-speed all-IP wireless. Therefore, some
new multiple access technology, such as orthogonal frequency!
division multiple access (OFDMA), has been proposed to replace CDMA as
a prime air-link design for 4G wireless. However, the OFDMA also suffers
its own technical limitations, such as sensitivity to
peak-to-average-power-ratio (PAPR), nonlinear channels and so forth,
which will be the detrimental factors to its successful applications in
4G wireless. On the other hand, CDMA technology with its many unique
features still has a great potential for further technological
evolution. In this special issue, various important issues pertaining to
next generation CDMA and OFDMA technologies will be addressed and
compared. The objective of this special issue is to accelerate
technological evolution of air-link architecture for 4G wireless
communications.

Subjects:

The papers in this Special Issue will focus on state-of-the-art research
in various physical-layer aspects of next generation CDMA and OFDMA
technologies for 4G wireless. We solicit papers covering a variety of
topics that include (the submissions irrelevant to 4G wireless will not
be considered):

Innovative CDMA technologies
All-IP CDMA/OFDMA wireless air-interface
M-ary CDMA
Comparison of CDMA and OFDMA
Orthogonal sequences design
Multi-carrier CDMA
OFDMA architecture
Complementary coded CDMA
CDMA/OFDMA Link adaptation and adaptive modem/equalization
ST-coded and MIMO CDMA/OFDMA systems
Pilot-added CDMA/OFDMA signaling design
CDMA/OFDMA synchronization control
CDMA/OFDMA air-interface standardization

Articles should be tutorial in nature and should be written in a style
comprehensible to readers outside the specialty of the article. However,
papers presenting original contributions will also be considered, as long
as the presentation is accessible and the paper length is kept within the
appropriate limits. Articles should not exceed 4500 words. Figures and
tables should be limited to a combined total of six. For manuscript
submission, authors should follow the IEEE Wireless Communications
Magazine manuscript format described in the "Information for Authors" at
http://www.comsoc.org/pubs/pcm/sub_guidelines.html. Prospective authors
should submit the all-in-one PDF version of their complete manuscripts
(which should be compressed if the file size exceeds 1 MB) via email to
the lead Guest Editor (Hsiao-Hwa Chen) by October 15, 2006. The important
dates for this special issue are given as follows:

Important Dates:

Manuscript Submission Due: October 15, 2006 (Extended)
Acceptance Notification: February 1, 2007
Final Manuscript Due: April 1, 2007
Publication: June 2007

Guest Editors:

The contact information of the Guest Editors for this Special Issue is
given as follows:

Hsiao-Hwa Chen,
Institute of Communications Engineering
National Sun Yat-Sen University
Taiwan
[email-masked]

Xi Zhang
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Texas A&M University
USA
[email-masked]

Wen Xu
BenQ Mobile (formerly Siemens Mobile Phones)
Munich
Germany
mailto:[email-masked] 

_______________________

=========================================================================
Xi Zhang                            Assistant Professor
Dept. of Elec. & Comput. Engin.     Phone: 979-458-1416
Texas A&M University                Fax:   979-845-2630
333N WERC Building                  Email: [email-masked]
College Station, Texas 77843, USA   URL http://dropzone.tamu.edu/~xizhang
=========================================================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet