Subject: [manet] CFP: The Second IEEE International Symposium on Pervasive Computing and Ad Hoc Communications (PCAC-07)

From: "Yan ZHANG" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 22:30:11 +0100

This message is cross-posted to several lists.
            Apologies for any duplicate postings.

CALL FOR PAPERS
================================================================
The Second IEEE International Symposium on Pervasive Computing and
                 Ad Hoc Communications (PCAC-07)

 to be held in conjunction with The IEEE 21th International Conference
   on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA-07),
               Niagara Falls, Canada, May 21-23, 2007
================================================================

Aims and Scopes
---------------
Pervasive computing has emerged as a new computing and communication
environment with the aim of providing services anytime and anywhere for
everyone. To facilitate resource sharing and support group communications,
pervasive computing devices should be able to support ad hoc communications
and networking.
With ad hoc communications, seamless and transparent access to services and
applications can be achieved while providing mechanisms for establishing
spontaneous and interactive networking among communicating entities. Despite
considerable progress in mobile computing and wireless communication
technologies, new user demands and emerging applications introduce
challenges in several areas including security, privacy, processing, auto
configuration, scalability, software infrastructure, communication models
and networking infrastructure. To support flexibility and unlimited
mobility, services and applications should adapt to heterogeneous networking
environment supporting multihop communication in hybrid wired/wireless
environment.

This symposium will bring together researchers and practitioners from
industry and academia to present their current research results and discuss
future trends in pervasive computing and ad hoc communications.

Topics of Interest
------------------
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Pervasive computing architectures
- Wearable computers
- Smart devices and smart spaces
- Location-dependent and personalized applications
- Service discovery mechanisms
- Agent technologies
- Mobility management
- Sensors and actuators
- Resource management
- Embedded systems
- Device and service interaction
- Location-aware services
- Middleware for pervasive computing
- Middleware fro ad hoc computing
- Hardware, OS and convergence issues
- Security and privacy issues for pervasive computing systems
- Positioning and tracking technologies
- Identification and authentication technologies
- Social Issues and Implications of pervasive computing
- Data management infrastructure and algorithms
- Caching and prefetching strategies
- Resource discovery
- Ad hoc communication and networking
- Group communication and management
- Ad hoc computing
- User interfaces and interaction models
- Prototyping and performance evaluation
- Personal Area networks
- Integration of wired and wireless networks
- Enabling technologies such as Bluetooth, 802.11, 802.15, 802.16, and
802.20
- Context based and implicit computing
- Ad hoc networking protocols and service discovery
- Wireless Mesh Network

Submissions and Proceedings
---------------------------
The manuscript should follow IEEE two-column format with single-spaced,
ten-point font in the text. The maximum manuscript length is eight (8)
pages. Submissions will be judged on correctness, originality,technical
strength, significance and quality of presentation. The CD proceedings will
be published by IEEE Computer Society Press and available online through
IEEE Xplore.

Outstanding papers will be considered for a Special Issue in Journal of
Ubiquitous Computing and Intelligence (JUCI)
(http://www.aspbs.com/juci.html).

PCAC-07 submission system: http://pcac07.ehpclab.org/

Important Dates
---------------
Submission Deadline: Nov. 22, 2006
Authors Notification:  Jan. 22, 2007
Authors Registration: Jan. 31, 2007
Final Manuscript Due: Feb. 19, 2007

Organising Committee
--------------------
General Co-Chairs:
Mieso Denko, University of Guelph, Canada Jian Ma, Nokia, China

Steering Chair:
Laurence T. Yang, St. Francis Xavier University, Canada

Program Co-Chairs:
Agustinus Borgy Waluyo, Monash University, Australia
Yan Zhang, Simula Research Laboratory, Norway

Program Committee
-----------------
Paolo Bellavista (University of Bologna, Italy) Pascal Chatonnay
(NUMERICA/ISTI/LIFC , France) Yuh-Shyan Chen (National Chung Cheng
University, Taiwan) Sunghyun Choi (Seoul National University, South Korea)
Chun Tung Chou (University of New South Wales, Australia) Tarik Cicic
(Simula Research Laboratory) Felipe A. Cruz-Pérez (CINVESTAV-IPN, Mexico)
Fei Dai (North Dakota State University, USA) Falko Dressler (University of
Erlangen, Germany) Paal E. Engelstad (Telenor R&D, Norway) Carles Gomez
(Technical University of Catalonia, Spain) Peter C.J. Graham (University of
Manitoba, Canada) Jadwiga Indulska (The University of Queensland, Australia)
Susumu Ishihara (Shizuoka University, Japan) Andreas Kassler (Karlstad
University, Sweden) Dimitrios Katsaros (Aristotle University, Greece)
Guanling Lee (National Dong Hwa University, Taiwan) Jie Li (University of
Tsukuba, Japan) Leszek T. Lilien (Western Michigan University, USA)
Jiangchuan Liu (Simon Fraser University, Canada) Luigi Logrippo (Université
du Québec en Outaouais, Canada) Seng Wai Loke (Latrobe University,
Australia) Cecilia Mascolo (University College London, UK) Chris McDonald
(The University of Western Australia, Australia) Yongwan Park (Yeung Nam
University, South Korea) Elhadi Shakshuki (Acadia University, Canada)
Timothy K. Shih (Tamkang University, Taiwan) Tor Skeie (Simula Research
Laboratory, Norway) Limin Sun (Institute of Software, China Academy of
Science, China) Xueyan Tang (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
Torab Torabi (LaTrobe University, Australia) Jianping Wang (University of
Mississippi, USA) Tadeusz A. Wysocki (University of Wollongong, Australia)
Yang Xiao (University Alabama, USA.) Yingqi Xu (Pennsylvania State
University, USA) Boon Sain Yeo (Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore)
Qing-An Zeng (University of Cincinnati, USA) Baoxian Zhang (Graduation
University, China Academy of Science, China) Baihua Zheng (Singapore
Management University, Singapore) Hao Zhu (Florida International University,
USA)

PCAC-07 website:
http://beast.csse.monash.edu.au/~borgy/PCAC-07/

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet