Subject: [manet] Location information for Manet: draft-haerri-manet-location-02.txt

From: Jerome Haerri <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 18:46:49 +0100

Dear Colleagues,

An updated IETF Internet-Draft on Location information for Manet is 
available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

The aim of this document is to extend the recent internet drafts
[PacketBB] (Clausen, T., “Generalized MANET Packet/Message Format,”) to 
include mobility information in TLV messages. Accordingly, this
specification proposes a generalized mobility-based signaling framework,
which MAY be employed by both mobile ad hoc networks routing protocols
and other protocols with similar signaling requirements and which
requires mobility information.
	
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haerri-manet-location-02.txt

The draft has been updated according to comments from members of the 
IETF MANET WG.

Major changes from version 01 to version 02

* The draft has been updated in order to respect the compatibility with 
the new version of PacketBB.

* A IANA section has been added in order to identify the new TLV types

This draft is not focused on describing a new standard protocol. It is 
only created to standardize a particular TVL for the following reasons:

   - First, in packetBB, no TLV type has been defined for localization 
information. Therefore, in the case of interoperability, how nodes would 
know that they are dealing with localization data ?
TLVs have been designed to be able to include *any* kind of information. 
This draft is simply the specification of one type of TLV. It may also 
be included into PacketBB as an optional feature.

   - second, we do not know what kind of information are required to 
transmit, and it is quite clear that the community might not even all 
agree on a common framework. So, it is important to be able to configure 
several options for localization data. For example, the VII consortium 
(Vehicle Infrastructure Integration) was standardizing the information 
that should be transmitted between vehicles. However, there were not yet 
sure of the final set of data to be included in messages.

  - finally as VII is standardizing and that eventually, internet will 
come on top of Intelligent vehicles, we should as well prepare some kind 
of compatibility with information that cars with transmit as it could be 
beneficial to cross-layer engineering.

Please take a minute to read it and if you have any comments about it, 
please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Jerome Haerri

-- 
Jerome Haerri
Ph.D Candidate

Eurecom Institute
Mobile Communications Department
2229, Route des Cretes
B.P. 193
06904 Sophia-Antipolis Cedex
France

Office : +33 (0)4 93 00 81 76
Mob    : +33 (0)6 10 79 72 83

E-mail : [email-masked]

Web    : http://www.eurecom.fr/people/haerri.en.htm

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Xu (Kevin) Su" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:16:39 -0600 (CST)

Hi, everyone,

Does anyone implement the wormhole attack in glomosim or have the source
code by chance?  If so, could you share the code with me?

Thanks a lot!

Best,
Kevin