Subject: [manet] CfP: WMAN 2007 (final call)

From: Frank Kargl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 09:16:26 +0200

=================================================================
Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call for Papers
=================================================================

      4th Workshop on Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks (WMAN 2007)
        in conjunction with the 15th bi-annual
      Conference on Communication in Distributed Systems (KiVS)
(German: ITG/GI - Fachtagung "Kommunikation in Verteilten Systemen
         (KiVS)")

       February 26 - March 02, 2007, Bern, Switzerland
           http://kivs07.unibe.ch/

URL: http://wman2007.cs.bonn.edu/

General information:

Welcome to the Workshop on Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks! Based on the success
of the preceding WMAN workshops of 2005, 2004 and 2002, the workshop
will also be held in 2007. For the upcoming workshop, we are very
happy to introduce WMAN 2007 as an event moved to an international
scenery (taking place in Bern, Switzerland) and being hosted in the
context of the 15th ITG/GI conference on communication in distributed
systems (German: ITG/GI - Fachtagung "Kommunikation in Verteilten
Systemen") - see http://kivs07.unibe.ch/

Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks today are among the most active research topics
in the area of mobile and wireless communication. Technical issues
having sound solutions in the area of fixed networks might not be
applicable to ad hoc networks. Thus, new solutions have to be found or
existing ones have to be adapted to their use in ad-hoc networks.
Although, the area of addressing and routing has been discussed for some
time, several new solutions are being proposed. However, the issue of
security in ad hoc networks is among the younger topics.

Workshop paper topics include, but are not limited to:

   * Base technologies and applicability in ad-hoc networks (e.g. IEEE
     802.11q/WAVE, ZigBee, ...)
   * Routing in ad-hoc networks
   * Quality-of-Service (QoS)
   * Automatic address configuration, access to the Internet
   * Security, privacy and encryption
   * Energy management
   * Localisation in ad-hoc networks
   * Applications and application architectures (e.g. P2P)
   * Software platforms/frameworks (Middleware) for mobile ad-hoc
     applications
   * Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks (VANETs)
   * Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs)
   * Wireless Mesh Networks
   * Ad-hoc networks in Ubiquitous Computing Systems
   * Authentication, Authorization, Accounting (AAA)
   * Operation and managment of ad-hoc networks
   * Methodologies, models, and tools for analysis in ad-hoc network
     design
   * Scalability and simulation
   * Architectures and protocols for large ad-hoc networks
   * Experiences with ad-hoc networks in "real life"

Addressees of the workshop:

Goal of the WMAN workshop is to enable an effective interchange of
results and ideas among researchers, users, and product developers on an
international level - under the umbrella of research topics on wireless
mobile ad-hoc networks.

We encourage you to submit original papers describing research results
or practical solutions, as well as ongoing work or challenging new
research issues in the area of ad-hoc networks.

Important dates:
16.10.2006 (new date)   Registration of workshop submission in EDAS
17.10.2006 (new date)   Submission of manuscript (for review process)
30.11.2006              Notification of acceptance
29.12.2006              Camera ready version of accepted papers
26.02. - 02.03.2007     Conference KiVS - the exact date of the
                        WMAN workshop is not yet fixed!

Submission of papers:

We encourage you to submit papers in english language of up to 12 pages.
The papers will have to be submitted in electronic form (PDF) at latest
at 15. October 2006. The workshop and all presentations will be held in
English language. Authors are required to submit their papers through
the EDAS web site (http://www.edas.info/) in three steps:

   * Creation of a personal account on EDAS (if you are new to EDAS)
   * Registration of the paper (requiring a short abstract of up to 150
   * words)
   * Upload of the paper, in PDF format only

Further details will soon be provided on the webpage.

Authors can always re-upload their manuscripts before the deadline. The
new uploaded manuscript will overwrite the existing one. For help with
EDAS please contact the EDAS Administrator ([email-masked]).

Paper formatting information:

The workshop papers will be published in proceedings of the VDE
publisher (same formatting rules as Springer in the series "Informatik
aktuell").

Additional help and stylesheets can be found on the webpage.

Workshop Organisation (Points of contact):

Matthias Frank (University of Bonn, Germany)
Frank Kargl (University of Ulm, Germany)
Burkhard Stiller (University of Zürich and ETH Zürich, Switzerland)
(E-Mail: <[email-masked]>)

Program Committee:

Matthias Frank (Universität Bonn) - Co-Chair
Frank Kargl (Universität Ulm) - Co-Chair
Burkhard Stiller (Universität Zürich und ETH Zürich) - Co-Chair

Marc Bechler (BMW Group)
Torsten Braun (University of Bern)
Georg Carle (University of Tübingen)
Vasilios Dalargiannis (EPFL)
Stefan Fischer (University of Lübeck)
Hannes Hartenstein (University of Karlsruhe)
Matthias Hollick (TU Darmstadt)
Andreas J. Kassler (University of Karlstad)
Tim Leinmüller (DaimlerChrysler)
Pascal Lorenz (University of Haute Alsace)
Peter Martini (University of Bonn)
Martin Mauve (University of Düsseldorf)
Michael Menth (University of Würzburg)
Jochen Schiller (FU Berlin)
Ralf Steinmetz (TU Darmstadt)
Ralf Tönjes (FH Osnabrück)
Kurt Tutschku (University of Würzburg)
Michael Weber (University of Ulm)

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet