Subject: [manet] CFP: 2007 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence for Defense Applications

From: "Rob Bird" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 18:22:38 -0400

Greetings all, my apologies if you have received this via another list:
What: First IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence for Security
and Defense Applications (CISDA 2007)
Where: Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
When: April 1-5, 2007

Important Dates:
- Special Session Proposals: October 1, 2006
- Paper Submission: November 1, 2006
- Notification of Acceptance: December 1, 2006
- Camera-Ready Submission: January 1, 2007

CALL FOR CONTRIBUTED PAPERS
Given the current global security environment, there has been increased
interest within the military and security communities in novel techniques
for solving challenging problems within their domains. The genesis of this
interest lies in the fact that repeated attempts of using traditional
techniques have left many important problems unsolved, and in some
cases, not addressed.

Additionally, new problems have emerged within the broad areas of the
global war on terrorism, homeland security, and force protection that are
difficult to tackle with conventional methods, since social, cultural and
human behavioral factors tend to be at the heart of these new types of
problems. The purpose of the conference is to present current and ongoing
efforts in computational intelligence (e.g., Neural networks, Fuzzy
systems, Evolutionary computation/algorithms, Swarm intelligence, and
other emerging learning or optimization techniques) as applied to military
and defense security problems. The military and security problems
domains of interest for this session include, but are not limited to the
following:
• Command and Control of Military Operations
• Intelligence Gathering and Exploitation
• Modeling and Simulation of Military Operations
• Advanced Computer Architectures for Military Operations
• Cyber Security
• Computational Cognitive Modeling
• Automatic Target Recognition
• Programs for Training
• Models for War Games
• Mine Detection
• Situation Assessment
• Logistics Support
• Design of military systems/subsystems
• Course of Action Generation
• Mission Planning and Execution
• Airspace Management and Deconfliction
• Resource Management
• Route/Sortie Planning
• Mission Weapon Pairing and Assignment
• Employment of Autonomous Vehicles

CALL FOR SPECIAL SESSIONS
CISDA 2007 also solicits proposals for special sessions with the technical
scope of the symposium, generally focusing on a special hot topic. Papers
submitted to special sessions are to be peer reviewed with the same criteria
used for the contributed papers. Researchers interested in organizing a
special session are invited to submit a proposal which includes the session
title, a brief description of the scope, a list of potential authors that
might
submit papers to the special session, and brief bios of the special session
organizers.

PAPER SUBMISSION
Prospective authors are invited to submit papers of no more than eight (8)
pages including results, figures and references. Authors should submit
their papers as PDF through the online submission system, which will be
available at the website http://www.cidefense.org/Submissions. The title
page of the paper should include author name(s), affiliation, mailing
address, telephone, fax, and e-mail address. Prospective authors are
expected to present their paper at the symposium.

PRESENTED BY:
2007 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI 2007)

SSCI 2007:
General Chair: David Fogel, Natural Selection, Inc., USA
Honorary Chair: Evangelina Micheli-Tzanakou, Rutgers University, USA
Finance Chair: Mohamed El-Sharkawi, University of Washington, USA

CISDA 2007:
Co-Chairs: Misty K. Blowers, Air Force Research Laboratory, USA
                    Janusz Kacprzyk, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
                    Vincenzo Pluri, University of Milan, Italy
Technical Co-Chairs: Alex Sisti, Air Force Research Laboratory, USA
                                      Sushil Lewis, University of Nevada,
USA
Publicity Co-Chairs: Rob Bird, Red Lambda, Inc., USA
                                    Peter Lamonica, Air Force
Research Laboratory, USA

INQUIRIES
For general inquiries of SSCI 2007, please contact:
General Chair David Fogel at [email-masked]

For CISDA 2007 inquiries, please contact:
Co-Chairs Misty Blowers, Janusz Kacprzyk, Vincenzo Pluri
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet