Subject: [manet] Draft Update: draft-badis-manet-ceqmm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 09:21:18 +0200

Hi all,

I have submitted an update draft version (00 ==> 01), which
focuses on QoS in ad hoc networks. It specifies CEQMM,
A Complete and Efficient Quality of Service (QoS) Model for MANETs

draft URL:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-badis-manet-ceqmm-01.txt

Major changes from version 00 to version 01

- Providing scalable support for multiple classes of QoS guarantees.

- Enhancement of congestion Avoidance and Control mechanisms.

The model implementation will be soon available on the QOLSR website:
http://qolsr.lri.fr/

Any comments on the subject are welcome.

Best regards

--Hakim.

---------
Abstract
---------

   This draft specifies CEQMM, a Complete and Efficient Quality of
   Service (QoS) Model for MANETs which combines the positive aspects
   of both IntServ and DiffServ. It uses a hybrid per-flow and per-class
   provisioning scheme. In such a scheme, traffic of highest priority is
   given per-flow provisioning while other priority classes are given
   per-class provisioning. To offer this scheme and to ensure that
   certain packets receive higher priority transmission than other
   packets, priority classifier, active queue management and packet
   scheduler are integrated. CEQMM applies the QOLSR protocol to support
   multiple-metric routing criteria and to respond quickly when changes
   in topology and/or QoS conditions are detected. Once a path is chosen
   for one QoS flow, CEQMM performs call admission control (CAC) at each
   intermediate node. For only QoS flows of highest priority, a node can
   precede to soft and later hard bandwidth reservation on links during
   the CAC process.  CEQMM implements congestion avoidance mechanisms to
   prevent a network from entering the congested state.  However, in
   MANETs, network congestion can still occur frequently under mobility.
   In order to prevent performance degradation due to mobility-triggered
   congestion, CEQMM uses congestion control scheme based on: (i) rated
   control of best-effort traffic, (ii) path selection for best-effort
   traffic, (iii) next hop maintaining for each QoS class (except the
   high-priority class), (iv) active queue management and (v) backoff
   timer method.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet