Subject: [manet] RFC 4728 on The Dynamic Source Routing Protocol (DSR) for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks for IPv4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 17:47:43 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4728

        Title:      The Dynamic Source Routing Protocol 
                    (DSR) for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks 
                    for IPv4 
        Author:     D. Johnson, Y. Hu,
                    D. Maltz
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       February 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      107
        Characters: 265706
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-manet-dsr-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4728.txt

The Dynamic Source Routing protocol (DSR) is a simple and efficient
routing protocol designed specifically for use in multi-hop wireless
ad hoc networks of mobile nodes.  DSR allows the network to be
completely self-organizing and self-configuring, without the need for
any existing network infrastructure or administration.  The protocol
is composed of the two main mechanisms of "Route Discovery" and
"Route Maintenance", which work together to allow nodes to discover
and maintain routes to arbitrary destinations in the ad hoc network.
All aspects of the protocol operate entirely on demand, allowing
the routing packet overhead of DSR to scale automatically to only
what is needed to react to changes in the routes currently in use.  The
protocol allows multiple routes to any destination and allows each
sender to select and control the routes used in routing its packets,
for example, for use in load balancing or for increased robustness.
Other advantages of the DSR protocol include easily guaranteed
loop-free routing, operation in networks containing unidirectional
links, use of only "soft state" in routing, and very rapid recovery
when routes in the network change.  The DSR protocol is designed
mainly for mobile ad hoc networks of up to about two hundred nodes
and is designed to work well even with very high rates of mobility.
This document specifies the operation of the DSR protocol for routing
unicast IPv4 packets.  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks
Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Discussion
and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo 
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet