Subject: [manet] New deadline, March 4 || SYVUL 2007 || The First International Workshop on Systems Vulnerabilities || July 1-6, 2007 - Silicon Valley, USA

From: "Lilly Sun Chen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 19:11:53 -0500 (EST)

======= Apologies for cross-postings ===============

CALL FOR PAPERS

The First International Workshop on Systems Vulnerabilities
SYVUL 2007
July 1-6, 2007 - Silicon Valley, USA
see: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/SYVUL.html

In conjunction with
The Second International Conference on Internet Monitoring and
Protection
ICIMP 2007
see: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/ICIMP07.html

Full paper submission: March 4, 2007

The design, implementation and deployment of large distributed systems
are subject to conflicting or missing requirements leading to visible
and/or hidden vulnerabilities. Vulnerability specification patterns and
vulnerability assessment tools are used for discovering, predicting
and/or bypassing known vulnerabilities.
Vulnerability self-assessment software tools have been developed to
capture and report critical vulnerabilities. Some of vulnerabilities are
fixed via patches, other are simply reported, while others are
self-fixed by the system itself. Despite the advances in the last years,
protocol vulnerabilities, domain-specific vulnerabilities and detection
of critical vulnerabilities rely on the art and experience of the
operators;  sometimes this is fruit of hazard discovery and difficult to
be reproduced and repaired.

The International Workshop on Systems Vulnerabilities, SYVUL 2007,
brings together practitioners and researchers for discussion and work on
the emerging aspects pertaining to advanced techniques, platforms,
paradigms, theories, and techniques for specifying, assessment,
discovering and fixing system vulnerabilities.

TOPICS OF SPECIAL INTEREST (but not limited to):

Vulnerability specification languages
System vulnerability assessment
Formal methods for safety-critical systems
Prediction capabilities of vulnerability discovery models
Highly vulnerable systems
Critical vulnerabilities
Errors and configurations leading to vulnerabilities
Incident reports and handling
Networks resiliency methods
Capacity planning for resilience and emergency
Operational resilience
Theory of disaster-tolerant systems
Web service vulnerability
Protocol vulnerability
Vulnerabilities in database systems
Vulnerability in control systems
Vulnerability analysis and. requirements for the security
Vulnerabilities by self-managed sensors
Recovery by disruption resource procedures
Common vulnerability scoring systems
Cost models and vulnerability business impact

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE AUTHORS

The SYVUL 2007 Proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer Society
Press, posted on IEEE Xplore Digital Library, and indexed with major
indexes.

Regular papers

Only .pdf or .doc files will be accepted for paper submission. Every
submission will receive an ID from the EDAS system.

Final author manuscripts will be 8.5" x 11" (two columns IEEE format),
not exceeding 6 pages; max 4 extra pages allowed at additional cost. The
formatting instructions can be found on the Instructions page
<http://www.iaria.org/instructions.html#format> .

Once you receive themal
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [manet] New deadline,
 March 4 || SYVUL 2007 || The First International Workshop on 
 Systems Vulnerabilities || July 1-6, 2007 - Silicon Valley, USA

======= Apologies for cross-postings ===============

CALL FOR PAPERS

The First International Workshop on Systems Vulnerabilities
SYVUL 2007
July 1-6, 2007 - Silicon Valley, USA
see: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/SYVUL.html

In conjunction with
The Second International Conference on Internet Monitoring and
Protection
ICIMP 2007
see: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/ICIMP07.html

Full paper submission: March 4, 2007

The design, implementation and deployment of large distributed systems
are subject to conflicting or missing requirements leading to visible
and/or hidden vulnerabilities. Vulnerability specification patterns and
vulnerability assessment tools are used for discovering, predicting
and/or bypassing known vulnerabilities.
Vulnerability self-assessment software tools have been developed to
capture and report critical vulnerabilities. Some of vulnerabilities are
fixed via patches, other are simply reported, while others are
self-fixed by the system itself. Despite the advances in the last years,
protocol vulnerabilities, domain-specific vulnerabilities and detection
of critical vulnerabilities rely on the art and experience of the
operators;  sometimes this is fruit of hazard discovery and difficult to
be reproduced and repaired.

The International Workshop on Systems Vulnerabilities, SYVUL 2007,
brings together practitioners and researchers for discussion and work on
the emerging aspects pertaining to advanced techniques, platforms,
paradigms, theories, and techniques for specifying, assessment,
discovering and fixing system vulnerabilities.

TOPICS OF SPECIAL INTEREST (but not limited to):

Vulnerability specification languages
System vulnerability assessment
Formal methods for safety-critical systems
Prediction capabilities of vulnerability discovery models
Highly vulnerable systems
Critical vulnerabilities
Errors and configurations leading to vulnerabilities
Incident reports and handling
Networks resiliency methods
Capacity planning for resilience and emergency
Operational resilience
Theory of disaster-tolerant systems
Web service vulnerability
Protocol vulnerability
Vulnerabilities in database systems
Vulnerability in control systems
Vulnerability analysis and. requirements for the security
Vulnerabilities by self-managed sensors
Recovery by disruption resource procedures
Common vulnerability scoring systems
Cost models and vulnerability business impact

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE AUTHORS

The SYVUL 2007 Proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer Society
Press, posted on IEEE Xplore Digital Library, and indexed with major
indexes.

Regular papers

Only .pdf or .doc files will be accepted for paper submission. Every
submission will receive an ID from the EDAS system.

Final author manuscripts will be 8.5" x 11" (two columns IEEE format),
not exceeding 6 pages; max 4 extra pages allowed at additional cost. The
formatting instructions can be found on the Instructions page
<http://www.iaria.org/instructions.html#format> .

Once you receive the notification of paper acceptance, you will be
provided by the IEEE CS Press an online author kit with all the steps an
author needs to follow to submit the final version. The author kits URL
will be included in the letter of acceptance.

Technical marketing/business/positioning presentations

The conference initiates a series of business, technical marketing, and
positioning presentations on the same topics. Speakers must submit a
10-12 slide deck presentations with substantial notes accompanying the
slides, in the .ppt format (.pdf-ed). The slide deck will be published
in the conference's CD collection, together with the regular papers. [
[email-masked] ]

Tutorials

Tutorials provide overviews of current high interest topics. Proposals
can be for half or full day tutorials. [ [email-masked] ]

Panel proposals

The organizers encourage scientists and industry leaders to organize
dedicated panels dealing with controversial and challenging topics and
paradigms. Panel moderators are asked to identify their guests and
manage that their appropriate talk supports timely reach our deadlines.
Moderators must specifically submit an official proposal, indicating
their background, panelist names, their affiliation, the topic of the
panel, as well as short biographies. [ [email-masked] ]

-------------------------------------
ICIMP General Chair
Petre Dini, Cisco, USA
=========================================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

 notification of paper acceptance, you will be
provided by the IEEE CS Press an online author kit with all the steps an
author needs to follow to submit the final version. The author kits URL
will be included in the letter of acceptance.

Technical marketing/business/positioning presentations

The conference initiates a series of business, technical marketing, and
positioning presentations on the same topics. Speakers must submit a
10-12 slide deck presentations with substantial notes accompanying the
slides, in the .ppt format (.pdf-ed). The slide deck will be published
in the conference's CD collection, together with the regular papers. [
[email-masked] ]

Tutorials

Tutorials provide overviews of current high interest topics. Proposals
can be for half or full day tutorials. [ [email-masked] ]

Panel proposals

The organizers encourage scientists and industry leaders to organize
dedicated panels dealing with controversial and challenging topics and
paradigms. Panel moderators are asked to identify their guests and
manage that their appropriate talk supports timely reach our deadlines.
Moderators must specifically submit an official proposal, indicating
their background, panelist names, their affiliation, the topic of the
panel, as well as short biographies. [ [email-masked] ]

-------------------------------------
ICIMP General Chair
Petre Dini, Cisco, USA
=========================================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet