Subject: [manet] STREAM 2007 || First International Workshop on Data Stream Processing || July 1-6, 2007 - Silicon Valley ||

From: "Lilly Sun Chen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:56:06 -0500 (EST)

CALL FOR PAPERS

The First International Workshop on Data Stream Processing

STREAM 2007

July 1-6, 2007 - Silicon Valley, USA

see: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/STREAM.html

in conjunction with

The Second International Conference on Digital Telecommunications

ICDT 2007

see: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/ICDT07.html

Important deadlines:

Submission deadline: February 20, 2007

Notification of acceptance:  March 21, 2007

Registration/camera ready: March 31, 2007

On online monitoring applications, in which continuous queries operate
in near real-time over rapid and unbounded "streams" of data such as
telephone call records, sensor readings, web usage logs, network packet
traces, are fundamentally different from traditional data management.

The difference is induced by the fact that in applications such as
network monitoring, telecommunications data management, manufacturing,
sensor networks, and others, data takes the form of continuous data
streams rather than finite stored data sets. As a result, clients
require long-running continuous queries as opposed to one-time queries.
These requirements lead to reconsider data management and processing of
complex and numerous continuous queries over data streams, as current
database systems and data processing methods are nit suitable.

Event stream processing is a new paradigm of computing that supports the
processing of multiple streams of event data with the goal of
identifying the meaningful events within those streams

The International Workshop on Data Stream Processing, STREAM 2007,
brings together practitioners and researchers for discussion and work on
the emerging aspects pertaining to new algorithms for data stream
processing, optimization, and system design methodologies using these
techniques.

TOPICS OF SPECIAL INTEREST (but not limited to):

Fundamentals on data stream processing

Data stream processing and event stream processing

Continuous query languages

Time management in data stream systems

Aggregated queries support

Query processing with multiple, continuous, rapid, time-varying data
streams

Processing frequent item set discovery queries

Real-time stream data processing

Network-aware operator placement for stream-processing systems

Integrating database queries and Web searches

Scalable Distributed Stream Processing

Optimization of data stream processing

Performance and overhead in data stream processing

QoS adaptation in data stream systems

Adaptive query processing in data stream

Interactive distributed data stream processing and mining

Data stream management systems

Control theory on stream processing

Processing high-speed data streams

Stream processing in production-to-business software

Multi-site cooperative data stream analysis

Grid-based data stream processing

Hyper databases for P2P data stream processing

Sensor data stream processing in health monitoring

Processing and sharing data streams in Grid-based P2P infrastructures

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE AUTHORS

The STREAM 2007 Proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer Society
Press, posted on IEEE Xplore Digital Library, and indexed with major
indexes.

Regular papers

Only .pdf or .doc files will be accepted for paper submission. Every
submission will receive an ID from the EDAS system.

Final author manuscripts will be 8.5" x 11" (two columns IEEE format),
not exceeding 6 pages; max 4 extra pages allowed at additional cost. The
formatting instructions can be found on the Instructions page.

Once you receive the notification of paper acceptance, you will be
provided by the IEEE CS Press an online author kit with all the steps an
author needs to follow to submit the final version. The author kits URL
will be included in the letter of acceptance.

Technical marketing/business/positioning presentations

The conference initiates a series of business, technical marketing, and
positioning presentations on the same topics. Speakers must submit a
10-12 slide deck presentations with substantial notes accompanying the
slides, in the .ppt format (.pdf-ed). The slide deck will be published
in the conference?s CD collection, together with the regular papers.  [
[email-masked] ]

Tutorials

Tutorials provide overviews of current high interest topics. Proposals
can be for half or full day tutorials. [ [email-masked] ]

Panel proposals

The organizers encourage scientists and industry leaders to organize
dedicated panels dealing with controversial and challenging topics and
paradigms. Panel moderators are asked to identify their guests and
manage that their appropriate talk supports timely reach our deadlines.
Moderators must specifically submit an official proposal, indicating
their background, panelist names, their affiliation, the topic of the
panel, as well as short biographies. [ [email-masked] ]

---------------------------------
David Bernstein, Cisco Systems, Inc., USA

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet