Subject: [manet] deadline: Feb. 15, IEEE TVT SI on Vehicular Communications Networks

From: Lin Cai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 22:01:49 -0800 (PST)

[ Our apologies for possible duplicates of this message ]
-----------------------------------------------------------------
                    Call For papers

           IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
      Special Section on Vehicular Communications Networks

******   Paper Submission Deadline: February 15, 2007   ******

Traffic congestion, delays, and accidents in the transportation systems
have caused significant loss of lives, waste of energy, and loss in
productivity. To improve the safety, security and efficiency of the
transportation systems and enable new mobile services and applications for
the traveling public, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) have been
developed, which apply rapidly emerging information technologies in
vehicles and transportation infrastructures.  The development of
inter/intra-vehicle and infrastructure-to-vehicle mobile mesh and ad hoc
networks is one of the most challenging and critical issues for the ITS
industry, which also sparks numerous interests in the communications and
networking research community.  The objective of this special section is
to disseminate the state-of-the-art R&D results in this fast-moving
research area, to facilitate the deployment of vehicular communications
networks, and to bring together people from both academia and industry,
with the goal of fostering interaction among them to promote further
research interests and activities to enable new transportation products
and services, e.g., advanced traffic management, vehicle control, safety
control, and networking and information services for users on the road.

The topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:

- Emerging inter/intra-vehicle and infrastructure-to-vehicle wireless
  communication technologies
- Vehicular network architecture and protocol
- Vehicular network performance modeling and analysis
- Vehicular network medium access control and routing protocols
- Vehicular network flow and congestion control
- Quality of Services (QoS) provisioning in wireless-enabled ITS systems
- Traffic management, vehicle control, and safety related applications
  for ITS systems
- Networking and information services for users on the roads (by
  automobiles, trains, planes, or ships)
- Cross-layer design and optimization for vehicular networks
- Mobility management and intersystem handovers
- Simulations models and testbeds for ITS
- Implementation and field tests of ITS systems
- Network self-organization and self-configuration
- Network security and trustworthy networks
- Incentives, cooperation, and reputation systems

Submission:

We seek original contributions not currently under review by other
journals. All papers for this section must be submitted in PDF format
through IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology Manuscript Central
(http://tvt-ieee.manuscriptcentral.com/). When submitting the paper,
select the category "Special Issue Paper".

Guest Editors:

Prof. Xuemin (Sherman) Shen, University of Waterloo, Canada
      [email-masked]
Prof. Nick Maxemchuk, Columbia University, USA
      [email-masked]
Prof. Lin Cai, University of Victoria, Canada
      [email-masked]

Paper Submission Deadline: February 15, 2007
First Reviews:             April 15, 2007
Revised Paper Deadline:    May 15, 2007
Final Reviews:             July 1, 2007
Final Manuscripts:         August 1, 2007
Publication:               November 2007

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet