Subject: [manet] Applications for routing software request

From: "Tony Whelan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:51:49 -0500

Apologies if you receive this more than once.
 
IPe Inc. is a US based company with innovations to deliver a data signal to
a moving transit vehicle through the electrical infrastructure. Some
applications of this are anti-terrorism, cellular, content and internet
delivery and  a host of safety and security applications currently being
reviewed by the US Department of Justice and US Homeland Security.
 
We are  accepting applicants to be considered for the task to design, code &
deliver a routing and service delivery mechanism  to sit within a portion of
the NVRAM memory resident on our equipment. 
 
An Abstract of the requirements:

Abstract

IP EverywhereT Inc. holds technical innovations for the delivery of a
broadband data signal to an electrically propelled vehicle through its
electricity supply, typically transit vehicles such as trains and
underground subway cars. Power delivery is normally one of two ways;
Overhead (OVH) through the Catenary system or third rail delivery (TRD). IP
Everywhere Inc. T injects the signal at an upstream point and maintains
signal strength along the OVH or TRD using repeaters and multiple injection
points. In a non transit scenario, both origin and destination points for
the packets are stationary.  For IP Everywhere IncT., the train is in
constant motion along the rail track and so a method must be devised to
constantly monitor the vehicle location and route the packets from the train
to the internet using the best path at all times along the journey. A
typical mass transit vehicle will travel up to 80- MPH on track and so IP
Everywhere Inc. T requires a solution that delivers the following:

1.	It must be fast
2.	It must be dynamic
3.	It must be proactive
4.	It must be preemptive
5.	It must be small
6.	It must be at node level

Additionally, the routing mechanism should be able to route based on a
certain predefined set of zones mentioned later in this paper. These will
include:

1.	Narrowband
2.	Broadband
3.	System wide
4.	Zone Based
5.	Time based
6.	One-way
7.	Two-way
8.	Fixed
9.	Mobile (zone to zone)
10.	Portable

Anyone or group of people within a University or a single entity is invited
to apply for participation on this project. Anyone wishing to obtain further
information regarding this project should address all questions directly to
me. A very high level paper is available upon request also.
 
Kind regards,
 
Tony Whelan
_____________________________________________
Tony Whelan
CEO & CTO - IPeT Inc. 
Telephone : 415.692.4475 ext 300
Fax : 415.520.0352
Email : [email-masked]
_____________________________________________
 
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet