Subject: [manet] use nodes as watchdog in OpNet

From: Mehrdad <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 00:42:39 -0800 (PST)

HI all,
I want to simulate my ms thesis with OpNet.
Does any body knows using OpNet  how can I use a node as a watchdog  in Manet  ?
Specifically I want each node hear all the neighbors activity and recognise is there any malicious activity exist? 

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Michael Roberts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:32:28 -0500

Mehrdad,

OPNET is totally programmable and the model source code is all available in the
OPNET Modeler environment.  This means you can *always* model and instrument any
network technology or behavior with it.  The real question is: how much built-in
support is there for the specific modeling you would like to do?  Extending the
traffic models, link models, and routing/switching models are all viable, but
you should expect to do some C coding unless the protocols you want happen to be
from the standard OPNET model libraries.

We have seen standard IP attacks (Smurf, DDoS, etc) modeled in detail, but this
does require some extension.  Is that the kind of stuff you want to analyze, or
are you thinking of something else?

Stateful inspection of transport and applicaition layer packets is also
possible, but again, level of built-in support varies.

If you can provide more specifics, I may be able to give you some pointers.

Regards,
 
Michael Roberts
Highland Systems, Inc.
[email-masked]