Subject: [manet] WOC Special Session CFP

From: Ming Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 08:21:24 -0800

IASTED WOC 2007: Call for Papers

The Seventh IASTED International Conferences on Wireless and Optical 
Communications 
Special Session on Advances in Wireless Mesh Networks
http://www.iasted.org/conferences/specialsession2-565.html

Deadline: February 22, 2007

Scope:
The high cost of installation and deployment of today's wired networks 
have been a bottleneck on taking full advantage of the flexible, over-
air wireless access. Existing wireless access networks such as 
wireless LANs and wireless ad hoc networks have to access Internet via 
some wired access points and wired backbone. In recent years, Wireless 
Mesh Networks (WMNs) has been proposed as an alternate to overcome the 
obstacle of "wiring". In wireless mesh networks, static wireless mesh 
routers are installed on the top of the buildings to form what is 
called "mesh backbone". With this type of multi-hop wireless mesh 
backbone, Internet access from wireless access networks can be reached 
through some of the wireless mesh routers, making mesh network a very 
flexible extension of the traditional Ethernet LANs. Since mesh 
routers can be equipped with multiple radios or multiple channels, the 
interference among different routers is reduced, yielding 
significantly higher network capacity. Usually mesh networks can have 
extensive coverage area such as large buildings, university campuses, 
or even wider geography and therefore can be potentially used in many 
key applications such as hospitality, entertainment, transportation, 
retail, and public hotspots.

Topics:
Although WMN has been studied in the recent years, many issues need to 
be further investigated. In this special session, we would like 
solicit original papers on the following (but not limited to) topics 
in wireless mesh networks:

New wireless mesh architectures 
Topology management in mesh networks 
Routing protocols 
Quality of service support and resource provisioning 
Heterogeneous wireless mesh networks 
Performance evaluation and testbeds 
Multimedia over wireless mesh networks 
New applications of wireless mesh networks 

Paper submissions can be forwarded before February 22, 2007 to: 
[email-masked].

Best regards,
Ming Li
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science
California State University, Fresno
2576 E. San Ramon
MS ST 109
Fresno, CA 93740-8039
(559) 278-4792 (Phone)
(559) 278-4197 (Fax)
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet