Subject: [manet] [IEEE AOC] deadline approaching: a week from now!

From: Luciana Pelusi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 15:29:33 +0100

We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP
********************************************************************

                            CALL FOR PAPERS

                      First IEEE WoWMoM Workshop on

     *** AUTONOMIC and OPPORTUNISTIC COMMUNICATIONS - AOC 2007 ***
                    June 18, 2007 - Helsinki, Finland
                      http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/aoc2007/

                              organized by
                        *ANA and HAGGLE projects*
               funded by the FET-IST Programme in the area
               Situated and Autonomic Communications (SAC)

          **** *EXTENDED Deadline --- February 11, 2007* ****

       Fast Track on Pervasive and Mobile Computing (PMC) Journal
                   http://www.elsevier.com/locate/pmc

********************************************************************

We are faced with an era where the widespread use of small portable
wireless devices and wireless technologies are building the pervasive
vision. This pervaded world has generated new communication paradigms:
autonomic and opportunistic communications.
   Communication among devices in a pervasive environment can happen if
the devices can communicate autonomously, and manage their own evolution
and configuration changes in the network, without explicit user or
administrator action. In a pervasive world, even in the absence of any
connectivity infrastructure mobile devices can communicate using the
connection "opportunities" that arise due to mobility.
   The goal of this workshop is to provide a forum between the autonomic
and opportunistic communication communities to exchange ideas, discuss
solutions, and share experiences among researchers, professionals, and
application developers both from industry and academia. Original papers
addressing both theoretical and practical aspects of autonomic
communications and computing are solicited. Papers describing prototype
implementations and deployment are particularly welcome.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

* Architecture and models for autonomic and opportunistic communications
* Tools and techniques for designing, analyzing and building autonomic
and opportunistic networks
* Adaptive security for self protection of networks
* Economic, biological and social models used for autonomic and
opportunistic communications
* Mobility models for opportunistic networking
* Novel management techniques for autonomic and opportunistic communications
* Sensing, monitoring and measurements for self-managing networks
* Advanced technologies for enabling autonomic and opportunistic
communications
* Autonomic and opportunistic communication testbeds and measurements

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
=================================
Papers should neither have been published elsewhere nor currently
under review by another conference or journal.  Guidelines on paper
submission and formatting are available at http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/aoc2007/.
Accepted papers will appear in the symposium proceedings published by
IEEE. Extended versions of workshop selected papers will be considered
for possible fast track publication on the Pervasive and Mobile
Computing Journal (Elsevier).

IMPORTANT DATES
===============
Full papers due:        *February 11, 2007 (Extended)*

Notification:           March 15, 2007

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
====================

WORKSHOP Chairs:
   Marco Conti, IIT-CNR, Italy
   Silvia Giordano, SUPSI, Switzerland
   Ioannis Stavrakakis, University of Athens, Greece

PUBLICITY Chair:
   Luciana Pelusi, IIT-CNR, Italy

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
   Giuseppe Anastasi, University of Pisa, Italy
   Stefano Basagni, Northeastern University, USA
   Edoardo Biagioni, University of Hawaii, USA
   Levente Buttyan, BUTE, Hungary
   Tracy Camp, Colorado School of Mines, USA
   Augustin Chaintreau, Thomson, France
   Ling-Jyh Chen, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
   Jon Crowcroft, University of Cambridge, UK
   Murat Demirbas, SUNY Buffalo, USA
   Spyros Denazis, Hitachi Europe, France & University of Patras, Greece
   Mohamed Eltoweissy, Virginia Tech., USA
   Mario Gerla, UCLA, USA
   Per Gunningberg, Uppsala University, Sweden
   Vincent Lenders, ETH, Switzerland
   Cecilia Mascolo, UCL, UK
   Martin May, ETH, Switzerland
   Daniele Miorandi, Create-net, Italy
   Refik Molva, Eurécom, France
   Konstantinos Oikonomou, Ionian University, Greece
   Joerg Ott, HUT, Finland
   Andrea Passarella, IIT-CNR, Italy
   Kaustubh Phanse, Uppsala University, Sweden
   George Polyzos, AUEB, Greece
   Chunming Qiao, SUNY Buffalo, USA
   Kave Salamatian, EPFL, Switzerland
   Fabrizio Sestini, FET, European Commission
   Violet Syrotiuk, Arizona State University, USA
   John Vicente, Intel, USA
   Hongyi Wu, University of Louisiana, USA
   Laurence T. Yang, St Francis Xavier University, Canada
   Franco Zambonelli, University of Modena-Reggio, Italy
   Ellen W. Zegura, Georgia Tech, USA

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet