Subject: [manet] CfP: PERFORMANCE 2007 - Deadline approaching: Feb 15, 2007

From: "Sherif M. ElRakabawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 14:56:49 +0100

(Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message)	

	       ************************
                     CALL FOR PAPERS
                ************************

                   PERFORMANCE  2007

The 26th IFIP WG 7.3 International Symposium on Computer
Performance Modeling, Measurement, and Evaluation

                    October 2-5, 2007
                    Cologne, Germany
    http://rvs.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/performance2007/

Sponsored by IFIP WG 7.3 and the Computer Performance Foundation

The PERFORMANCE 2007 conference solicits papers on the
development and application of state-of-the-art analytic,
simulation, and measurement-based performance evaluation
techniques.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Performance-oriented design and evaluation of:
   communication networks, mobile and wireless systems,
   Internet servers and E-commerce systems, Web services,
   Web architectures, peer-to-peer systems, grid computing,
   computer architectures, database systems, operating
   systems, software systems, distributed systems,
   multimedia systems, file and I/O systems, memory
   systems, real-time systems, and fault-tolerant systems.

* Techniques and algorithms: analytic modeling, performance
   optimization, queueing analysis, stochastic scheduling,
   model verification and validation, power analysis, hybrid
   models, experimental design, system or network measurement
   and monitoring, workload characterization, simulation,
   and statistical analysis.

In addition to its traditional focus, this year we encourage
submissions focusing on implementation and experimental issues.

** SUBMISSION GUIDELINES **

PAPERS: Papers should not exceed 22 double-spaced pages
including figures, tables, and references. PERFORMANCE 2007
does not use a double-blind review process. Authors should
include their last names and affiliations on their papers.
A limited number of submitted papers will be accepted for a
poster session. Submissions must be made electronically as
Adobe PDF files through the Conference Web site
http://rvs.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/performance2007/
In case of problems, please send papers by email to
[email-masked] . Papers will be selected
on the basis of their originality, technical standards,
relevance, and clarity.

The conference has traditionally published accepted papers in a
special issue of a journal rather than a conference proceedings.
PERFORMANCE 2007 will continue this tradition. All accepted full

papers will be published in a special issue of the Performance
Evaluation Journal (Elsevier) and will be made available at the
conference.

TUTORIAL SESSIONS: Tutorial proposals, not exceeding 3 pages,
have to include title, abstract, duration (1hr 30min or 3hrs),
intended audience, assumed background of attendees, name,
affiliation, and a biographical sketch of the instructors.
Proposals should be sent to the tutorials chair
([email-masked]).

** IMPORTANT DATES **

FEBRUARY 15, 2007, 11PM EST
  - Title, abstract, and author affiliation due.
FEBRUARY 25, 2007, 11PM EST
  - Submission of papers and tutorial proposals.
MAY 25, 2007
  - Notification of acceptance.
JUNE 20, 2007
  - Camera ready copy due.

** INFORMATION AND INQUIRIES **
For additional information, please refer to the conference web
site at
    http://rvs.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/performance2007/
or send email to the conference organizers at
    [email-masked]

** ORGANIZING COMMITTEE **

GENERAL CHAIR:
Christoph Lindemann,  University of Leipzig (Germany)

PROGRAM COMMITTEE CO-CHAIRS:
Marco Ajmone Marsan,  Politecnico di Torino (Italy)
Prashant Shenoy,  University of Massachusetts (USA)

TUTORIALS CHAIR:
Peter Buchholz, University of Dortmund (Germany)

-- 
--------------------------------------------
Sherif M. ElRakabawy
University of Leipzig
Department of Computer Science		      Tel. +49 341 9732222
Computer Networks and Distributed Systems     Fax. +49 341 9732289
Johannisgasse 26
04103 Leipzig / Germany
WWW: http://rvs.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/en/mitarbeiter/elrakabawy/

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet