Subject: [manet] Motivations of DYMO

From: "Romain Thouvenin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:13:15 +0100

Hello,

I am going to write a master's thesis during the next semester about
MANETs, and more specifically the DYMO protocol : I will implement it
on TinyOS and evaluate it.

I am currently interested in the motivations of the choices made
during the design of DYMO. As it is mentionned that DYMO is a
descendant of AODV, I briefly read AODV specifications (and DSR's
soon). The main differences I noticed are the use of destination
sequence numbers in AODV and the use of packetbb format in DYMO. Am I
right ?

I'd like to know if there are some logs where the design of DYMO is
discussed and the reasons of the differences from other protocols are
explained. Or maybe some of you can briefly answer ? That would be
very nice.

Thanks for your help,

Romain Thouvenin

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Rolf E. Thorup" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:33:04 +0100

> explained. Or maybe some of you can briefly answer ? That would be

You'll find some (non-exhaustive) info in the IETF Online Proceedings 
starting from November 2004 and onwards:

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings_directory.html

Link to November 2004 proceedings:

http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/04nov/index.html

direct link to November 2004 proceedings MANET section:

http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/04nov/manet.html

Rolf Thorup