Subject: [manet] [IEEE WoWMoM'07] Call for Demos (Deadline: February 28, 2007)

From: Luciana Pelusi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:28:34 +0100

WoWMoM 2007 -- Call for Demos
=============================

http://www.tml.hut.fi/IEEE-wowmom/demo.html

Deadline: 28 February 2007

The demo track of IEEE WoWMoM 2007 solicits demonstrations in the
world of wireless, mobile, and multimedia communications.   We are
looking for demonstrations of recent or ongoing research work that
will showcase the research and inspire discussion and interaction with
the attendees at WoWMoM 2007.   We invite participation from both
academia and industry demonstrating novel research results.

Demonstrations will be presented in a designated demonstration slot in
the conference program.  The number of demos presented will be kept
low in order to allow the full attention of the conference
participants.

WoWMoM 2007 will have a "Best Demo Award" based upon both the
technical contribution and the demonstrator "showcase".

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* System prototypes and experiences
* QoS for voice and video in wireless networks
* IP-based wireless multimedia applications and systems
* Multimedia multicasting and broadcasting
* Handoff and mobility management
* Seamless internetworking and self-organization
* Network management and control
* Context-aware wireless multimedia applications
* Location mechanism and services
* Content management and distribution
* Multimedia applications and systems in vehicular, mesh,
   and ad-hoc networks

Demo proposals shall be short papers of no more than 3 pages (IEEE
conference template, font size no less than 10pt) which will be
reviewed by the Program Committee.  The proposals should introduce the
background, describe the key contributions of the author(s), and state
what the demonstrator will show.

A one-page appendix shall provide a comprehensive description of the
demonstration and list all the technical requirements such as
equipment (to be brought by the presenters) and other resources (such
as # WLAN channels, Internet access, etc.), and also include a
description of the demo presentation, e.g., are visitors involved, is
a prototype presented that can be used by visitors, etc.

The short papers of the accepted demo proposals will be included as a
conference supplement, published by IEEE.  It serves to inform the
audience of the details behind the demo, and as a permanent record of
the demo.  Both the short paper and appendix must be submitted as a
single PDF document by 28 February 2007.

Important Dates:

     Submission deadline: 28 February 2007
     Acceptance Notification: 20 March 2007
     Camera ready deadline: 15 April 2007
     Conference date: 18-21 June 2007

Paper submission will be handled through EDAS:
http://www.edas.info/newPaper.php?c=5262

Jörg Ott and James Scott
IEEE WoWMoM 2007 demo chairs

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet