Subject: [manet] CYBER-FRAUD 2007 || Silicon Valley || The First International Workshop on Cyber-Fraud || July 1-6, 2007

From: "Lilly Sun Chen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:55:22 -0500 (EST)

CALL FOR PAPERS

The First International Workshop on Cyber-Fraud CYBER-FRAUD 2007

July 1-6, 2007,

San Jose, CA, USA

see: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/CYBERFRAUD.html

Important deadlines:

Submission deadline February 20, 2007

Notification of acceptance March 21, 2007

Registration/camera ready March 31, 2007

In conjunction with:

The International Conference on Internet Monitoring and Protection,
ICIMP 2007 http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/ICIMP07.html

Attacks against private and public networks have had a significant
spreading in the last years. With simple or sophisticated behavior, the
attacks tend to damage user confidence, cause huge privacy violations
and enormous economic losses.

The International Workshop on Cyber-Fraud, CYBER-FRAUD 2007, focuses on
specific aspects related to attacks and counterattacks, public
information, privacy and safety on cyber-attacks information. It also
targets secure mechanisms to record, retrieve, share, interpret, prevent
and post-analyze of cyber-crime attacks.

This workshop will provide a forum for interaction among researchers and
practitioners working in the area of cyber attacks. We solicit papers
dealing with all aspects of any kind of studies, experiences,
previsions, comparisons, privacy and economic impacts, and existing
technical supports for cyber-attacks.

TOPICS OF SPECIAL INTEREST (but not limited to):

Epidemiological models for warware and cyber-crime propagation

Record and retrieval of cyber-crimes

Forensic analysis

Cyber-crime prevention

Cyber-crime vulnerabilities

Cyber-counterattack at source

Distributed cyber-attacks

Orchestrated cyber-attacks

Recursion attacks

Cyber-storm attacks

Spyware and malware

Cyber-pranks, hoaxes

Phishing/Farming and anti-phishing

Cyber-terrorism

Online cyber-crime reporting

Accuracy and security of cyber-reports

Fighting cyber-crimes

Cyber-crime laws

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE AUTHORS

The CYBER-FRAUD 2007 Proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer
Society Press, posted on IEEE Xplore Digital Library, and indexed with
major indexes.

Only .pdf or .doc files will be accepted for paper submission. All
received papers will be acknowledged via the EDAS system.

Final author manuscripts will be 8.5" x 11" (two columns IEEE format),
not exceeding 6 pages; max 4 extra pages allowed at additional cost. The
formatting instructions can be found on the Instructions page.

Once you receive the notification of paper acceptance, you will be
provided by the IEEE CS Press an online author kit with all the steps an
author needs to follow to submit the final version. The author kits URL
will be included in the letter of acceptance.

Technical marketing/business/positioning presentations

The conference initiates a series of business, technical marketing, and
positioning presentations on the same topics. Speakers must submit a
10-12 slide deck presentations with substantial notes accompanying the
slides, in the .ppt format (.pdf-ed). The slide deck will be published
in the conference?s CD collection, together with the regular papers.
Please send your presentations to [email-masked], [email-masked].

Tutorials

Tutorials provide overviews of current high interest topics.

Proposals can be for half or full day tutorials. Please send your
proposals to [email-masked].

Panel proposals

The organizers encourage scientists and industry leaders to organize
dedicated panels dealing with controversial and challenging topics and
paradigms. Panel moderators are asked to identify their guests and
manage that their appropriate talk supports timely reach our deadlines.
Moderators must specifically submit an official proposal, indicating
their background, panelist names, their affiliation, the topic of the
panel, as well as short biographies. Please send your proposals to
[email-masked].

-------------------

CYBER-FRAUD 2007 Co-Chairs

Tom Chen, Southern Methodist University - Dallas, USA

Radu State, LORIA, France

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet