Subject: [manet] New deadline, March 4 || SYDIA 2007 || The First International Workshop on Systems Diagnosis || July 1-6, 2007 - Silicon Valley ||

From: "Lilly Sun Chen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 19:11:34 -0500 (EST)

======= Apologies for cross-postings ===============

CALL FOR PAPERS

First International Workshop on Systems Diagnosis
SYDIA 2007
July 1-6, 2007 - Silicon Valley, USA
see: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/SYDIA.html

In conjunction with
The Second International Conference on Internet Monitoring and
Protection
ICIMP 2007
see: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/ICIMP07.html
<http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/ICIMP07.html>

Full paper submission: March 4, 2007.
System diagnosis represent a series of pre-deployment or post-deployment
activities to identify feature interactions, service interactions,
behavior that is not captured by the specifications, or abnormal
behavior with respect to system specification.  As systems grow in
complexity, the need for reliable testing and diagnosis grows
accordingly. The design of complex systems has been facilitated by
CAD/CAE tools. Unfortunately, test engineering tools have not kept pace
with design tools, and test engineers are having difficulty developing
reliable procedures to satisfy the test requirements of modern systems.
Therefore, rather than maintaining a single candidate system diagnosis,
or a small set of possible diagnoses, anticipative and proactive
mechanisms have been developed and experimented. In dealing with system
diagnosis data overload is a generic and tremendously difficult problem
that has only grown. Cognitive system diagnosis methods have been
proposed to cope with volume and complexity.

The International Workshop on Systems Diagnosis, SYDIA 2007, brings
together practitioners and researchers for discussion and work on the
emerging aspects pertaining to advanced techniques, platforms,
paradigms, theories, and techniques for designing and deployment of
systems diagnosis.

TOPICS OF SPECIALFrom [email-masked] Wed Feb 21 19:12:51 2007
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 19:11:34 -0500 (EST)
From: "Lilly Sun Chen" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Importance: Normal
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [manet] New deadline,
 March 4 || SYDIA 2007 || The First International Workshop on 
 Systems Diagnosis || July 1-6, 2007 - Silicon Valley ||

======= Apologies for cross-postings ===============

CALL FOR PAPERS

First International Workshop on Systems Diagnosis
SYDIA 2007
July 1-6, 2007 - Silicon Valley, USA
see: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/SYDIA.html

In conjunction with
The Second International Conference on Internet Monitoring and
Protection
ICIMP 2007
see: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/ICIMP07.html
<http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/ICIMP07.html>

Full paper submission: March 4, 2007.
System diagnosis represent a series of pre-deployment or post-deployment
activities to identify feature interactions, service interactions,
behavior that is not captured by the specifications, or abnormal
behavior with respect to system specification.  As systems grow in
complexity, the need for reliable testing and diagnosis grows
accordingly. The design of complex systems has been facilitated by
CAD/CAE tools. Unfortunately, test engineering tools have not kept pace
with design tools, and test engineers are having difficulty developing
reliable procedures to satisfy the test requirements of modern systems.
Therefore, rather than maintaining a single candidate system diagnosis,
or a small set of possible diagnoses, anticipative and proactive
mechanisms have been developed and experimented. In dealing with system
diagnosis data overload is a generic and tremendously difficult problem
that has only grown. Cognitive system diagnosis methods have been
proposed to cope with volume and complexity.

The International Workshop on Systems Diagnosis, SYDIA 2007, brings
together practitioners and researchers for discussion and work on the
emerging aspects pertaining to advanced techniques, platforms,
paradigms, theories, and techniques for designing and deployment of
systems diagnosis.

TOPICS OF SPECIAL INTEREST (but not limited to):

Diagnosis platforms
Diagnosis policy language
Diagnosis event formats
Process algebras for systems diagnosis
Probabilistic diagnosis of multiprocessor systems
Self-diagnosis in distributed systems
Cognitive system diagnosis
System diagnosis using propagation models
Technical intuition in systems diagnosis
Managing conflicts in systems diagnosis
Hybrid systems diagnosis
Diagnosis tools
End-to-end diagnosis
Remote system diagnosis
Diagnosis licensing
Real-time symptom detection and fixing actions
Forensic/real-time/anticipative diagnosis
Diagnosing mobility-oriented systems
Diagnosis of discrete event systems
Diagnosis of complex dynamical systems

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE AUTHORS

The SYDIA 2007 Proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer Society
Press, posted on IEEE Xplore Digital Library, and indexed with major
indexes.

Regular papers

Only .pdf or .doc files will be accepted for paper submission. Every
submission will receive an ID from the EDAS system.

Final author manuscripts will be 8.5" x 11" (two columns IEEE format),
not exceeding 6 pages; max 4 extra pages allowed at additional cost. The
formatting instructions can be found on the Instructions page
<http://www.iaria.org/instructions.html#format> .

Once you receive the notification of paper acceptance, you will be
provided by the IEEE CS Press an online author kit with all the steps an
author needs to follow to submit the final version. The author kits URL
will be included in the letter of acceptance.

Technical marketing/business/positioning presentations

The conference initiates a series of business, technical marketing, and
positioning presentations on the same topics. Speakers must submit a
10-12 slide deck presentations with substantial notes accompanying the
slides, in the .ppt format (.pdf-ed). The slide deck will be published
in the conference's CD collection, together with the regular papers. [
[email-masked] ]

Tutorials

Tutorials provide overviews of current high interest topics. Proposals
can be for half or full day tutorials. [ [email-masked] ]

Panel proposals

The organizers encourage scientists and industry leaders to organize
dedicated panels dealing with controversial and challenging topics and
paradigms. Panel moderators are asked to identify their guests and
manage that their appropriate talk supports timely reach our deadlines.
Moderators must specifically submit an official proposal, indicating
their background, panelist names, their affiliation, the topic of the
panel, as well as short biographies. [ [email-masked] ]

-------------------------------------
Chair
Shyaam Sundhar R. S., Endeavor Security Inc. McLean, VA
============================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet