Subject: [manet] SYVUL 2007 || The First International Workshop on Systems Vulnerabilities || July 1-6, 2007 - Silicon Valley, USA

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 06:15:01 -0500 (EST)

Invitation:

Please consider to contribute and distribute to the appropriate groups
the following:

CALL FOR PAPERS

The First International Workshop on Systems Vulnerabilities

SYVUL 2007

July 1-6, 2007 - Silicon Valley, USA

see: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/SYVUL.html

In conjunction with

The Second International Conference on Internet Monitoring and
Protection

ICIMP 2007

see: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/ICIMP07.html

Important deadlines:

Submission deadline: February 20, 2007

Notification of acceptance:  March 21, 2007

Registration/camera ready: March 31, 2007

The design, implementation and deployment of large distributed systems
are subject to conflicting or missing requirements leading to visible
and/or hidden vulnerabilities. Vulnerability specification patterns and
vulnerability assessment tools are used for discovering, predicting
and/or bypassing known vulnerabilities.

Vulnerability self-assessment software tools have been developed to
capture and report critical vulnerabilities. Some of vulnerabilities are
fixed via patches, other are simply reported, while others are
self-fixed by the system itself. Despite the advances in the last years,
protocol vulnerabilities, domain-specific vulnerabilities and detection
of critical vulnerabilities rely on the art and experience of the
operators;  sometimes this is fruit of hazard discovery and difficult to
be reproduced and repaired.

The International Workshop on Systems Vulnerabilities, SYVUL 2007,
brings together practitioners and researchers for discussion and work on
the emerging aspects pertaining to advanced techniques, platforms,
paradigms, theories, and techniques for specifying, assessment,
discovering and fixing system vulnerabilities.

TOPICS OF SPECIAL INTEREST (but not limited to):

Vulnerability specification languages

System vulnerability assessment

Formal methods for safety-critical systems

Prediction capabilities of vulnerability discovery models

Highly vulnerable systems

Critical vulnerabilities

Errors and configurations leading to vulnerabilities

Incident reports and handling

Networks resiliency methods

Capacity planning for resilience and emergency

Operational resilience

Theory of disaster-tolerant systems

Web service vulnerability

Protocol vulnerability

Vulnerabilities in database systems

Vulnerability in control systems

Vulnerability analysis and. requirements for the security

Vulnerabilities by self-managed sensors Recovery by disruption resource
procedures

Common vulnerability scoring systems

Cost models and vulnerability business impact

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE AUTHORS

The SYVUL 2007 Proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer Society
Press, posted on IEEE Xplore Digital Library, and indexed with major
indexes.

Regular papers

Only .pdf or .doc files will be accepted for paper submission. Every
submission will receive an ID from the EDAS system.

Final author manuscripts will be 8.5" x 11" (two columns IEEE format),
not exceeding 6 pages; max 4 extra pages allowed at additional cost. The
formatting instructions can be found on the Instructions page.

Once you receive the notification of paper acceptance, you will be
provided by the IEEE CS Press an online author kit with all the steps an
author needs to follow to submit the final version. The author kits URL
will be included in the letter of acceptance.

Technical marketing/business/positioning presentations

The conference initiates a series of business, technical marketing, and
positioning presentations on the same topics. Speakers must submit a
10-12 slide deck presentations with substantial notes accompanying the
slides, in the .ppt format (.pdf-ed). The slide deck will be published
in the conference?s CD collection, together with the regular papers. [
[email-masked] ]

Tutorials

Tutorials provide overviews of current high interest topics. Proposals
can be for half or full day tutorials. [ [email-masked] ]

Panel proposals

The organizers encourage scientists and industry leaders to organize
dedicated panels dealing with controversial and challenging topics and
paradigms. Panel moderators are asked to identify their guests and
manage that their appropriate talk supports timely reach our deadlines.
Moderators must specifically submit an official proposal, indicating
their background, panelist names, their affiliation, the topic of the
panel, as well as short biographies. [ [email-masked] ]

-------------------------------------

ICIMP General Chair

Petre Dini, Cisco, USA

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet