Subject: [manet] Multicast Energy saving in WSN

From: "RuiZhe Wu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 01:33:29 +0800

Consider this problem:

A sensor note can know specific minimum energy request in its connection with
specific note. Only using more than this request energy, the edge is connected.
Moreover, a sensor note also can control its sending power. 

In this situation, we want to find a min multicast energy consumption backbone.
Min Steiner Tree is not the min energy consumption tree, even the edge weight is
the min energy request. Because in wireless network, any sending message is
broadcasted to neighbors. The energy consumption is shared by its neighbors.

I want to find a proper mathematic model to solve it. It looks like the Min
Connected Dominating Set Problem. However,MCDS find the minimum of Connected
Dominating Set.In this problem. we want to find the minimum total energy
consumption that can make the backbone is connected.

I don't know any previous model or papers about this. Can someone gives me some
hints?

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet