Subject: [manet] CFP: IEEE MHWMN'07 -- Deadline: May 15

From: "Jinhua Guo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 10:23:37 -0400

We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message.

---  STARTS---

***** Third Call for Papers *****

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Third IEEE International Workshop on Heterogeneous Multi-Hop Wireless
 and Mobile Networks 2007 (IEEE MHWMN'07)

 Website: http://www.cis.uoguelph.ca/~denko/mhwmn07.html

  Held with The Fourth IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and
  Sensor Systems - MASS 2007 ( http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/mass2007/) , Pisa,
  Italy, 8 - 11 October 2007
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

AIM and SCOPE
-------------

The traditional centralized wireless and mobile networks
are based on single-hop architecture and rely on the existing fixed
infrastructure such as base stations or access points. The proliferation
and deployment of radio access networks such as Wireless WANs, Wireless
LANs, and Wireless PANs with distinguishing characteristics of data rate,
coverage range, power, mobility, and prices will clearly lead to a need
for seamless and ubiquitous access across these various networks. Such an
integrated heterogeneous environment enables a user to access a particular
network depending upon the application needs and the types of radio access
networks (RANs) available (e.g., cellular network, ad hoc, WLAN, WPAN
etc). The heterogeneous multi-hop wireless and mobile networks, on the
other hand, provide unlimited mobility and greater flexibility but
introduce a number of challenges due to dynamic network topology. The
design of efficient and scalable protocols for existing multi-hop wireless
and mobile networks such as wireless and mobile ad hoc networks continue
to pose challenges at all the layers of networking stack. Therefore, it is
necessary to investigate a global heterogeneous architecture and services
that together provide seamless integration of single-hop networks ( e.g.,
cellular, WLAN, WWAN) and multi-hop mobile ad hoc networks.

The aim of this workshop is to bring together practitioners and
researchers from both academia and industry in order to have a forum for
discussion and technical presentations on the latest research and future
research directions in heterogeneous multi-hop wireless and mobile
networks. We are seeking original and previously unpublished research
papers addressing theoretical and application issues in heterogeneous
multi-hop wireless mobile networks.

TOPICS
------

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following areas:

Multi-hop architectures and protocols for resource management
Quality of services (QoS) delivery in MHWMN
Seamless Mobility, Vertical Handoff
Robust and scalable routing protocols for MHWMN
MAC protocols for MHWMN
Self-configuration and synchronization for MHWMN
Security issues in MHWMN
Topology control and management for MHWMN
Mobility models and location management in MHWMN
Wireless Mesh networks
Cross-layer design and interactions for MHWMN
Modeling and performance evaluation for MHWMN
Algorithms for localization and signal processing in MHWMN
Implementation testbeds for MHWMN
Operating systems and middleware for MHWMN

SUBMISSIONS
----------
See ( http://www.cis.uoguelph.ca/~denko/mhwmn07.html)

IMPORTANT DATES:
---------------

Submission deadline:      May 15, 2007
Author Notification:      July 16, 2007
Camera Ready papers:      August 10, 2007
Workshop date:            October 8, 2007

Organizing Committee
-------------------

General Co-Chair

Anup Kumar
Computer Engineering and Computer Science Dept.
University of Louisville, USA
Email: [email-masked]

Program Co-Chairs

Qing-An Zeng
Department of Computer Science,
University of Cincinnati, USA
Email: [email-masked]

Mieso Denko
Dept. of Computing and Info. Science
University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Email: [email-masked]

Publicity Chair

Jinhua Guo
Computer and Info. Science Dept.
The Univer sity of Michigan-Deaborn, USA
Email: [email-masked]

Contacts

For any enquiries related to the workshop please contact the
program Co-Chairs at the addresses given above.

PROGRAM COMMITTEE:

See ( http://www.cis.uoguelph.ca/~denko/mhwmn07.html )

---  ENDS ---
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet