Subject: [manet] aodv-uu -- how to play as a gateway?

From: xr.wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 11:44:20 +0800

Hi,

aodv-uu-0.9.3 works ok in pure ad-hoc network.
 The aodv-uu source file is compiled with -DCONFIG_GATEWAY option.
and the README shows that aodv-uu support internet gateway.
But how to make a node as a gateway?

----------                  ----------------                  --------------
| LAN | <---> eth0<-| Gateway |->eth1 <---> | MANET |
----------                  ----------------
        --------------

IP distribution:
LAN: 192.168.1.x
Gateway: eth0 with IP 192.168.1.1,  eth1 with IP 192.168.2.1
MANET: 192.168.2.x

as to the gateway node, I run the following step:
$ /sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
$ route add default dev eth1
$ aodvd -w

But the node in MANET(e.g 192.168.2.2) ping the node in LAN(e.g 192.168.1.2)
failed!
message shows "connect: Network is unreachable!"

any advise will be appreciated!

Regards
xr.wang
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Ian Chakeres" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 11:10:37 +0530

You might be better off emailing the aodvimpl mailing list for this
AODV-UU specific question.

https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/aodvimpl-public

Ian Chakeres