Subject: [manet] Fading calculation in JIST/SWANS

From: "shilpa sharma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 19:57:28 +0530

Hello everyone,
1. Im trying to calculate fading in bordercast simulation.. But is the
compute function in Fading.java acutally dependent on any external
parameter?? The function uses variance which is Rayleigh distribution.. But
else it is using some randomly generated number..  Thats why it will give
different fading values.. But then what is its use when we run a simulation
and want to know the fading value?? We are not passing any value into it..
So how will we know actually how much fading is taking place??

2. Also, similarly i am calculating Pathloss..What meaning does Pathloss
have in JIST/SWANS context?? I sent the sender and receiver node locations
as well as their radio information in the compute funciton of Pathloss.. For
a distance of 834.1, pathloss comes out to be 108.36dbs.. What does this
mean?? I have tried on google to find the formula of Pathloss which
JIST/SWANS has used but could not find..

3. I have another query regarding the stastics of NDP, IARP packets etc..
How are these calculated.. I tried to follow the flow of bordercast from
RouteZRP.java to RouteZrpIerp.java.. But i m finding it too complicated to
understand how NDP-packets-send.. etc..  are incremented..

Please can anyone help me out with these queries???

Shilpa.
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet