Subject: [manet] CALL FOR PARTICIPATION-B O D Y N E T S 2 0 0 7

From: "Jie Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 20:24:34 +0900

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]

Early registration is scheduled by May 15th.

*************** B O D Y N E T S  2 0 0 7 ****************

    2nd International Conference on Body Area Networks

             11-13 June, 2007, Florence (Italy)

                 http://www.bodynets.org

        Jointly sponsored by:
         - Create-Net
         - ICST
         - AICT "Networks and Telecommunication
           systems" Group

        In-technical cooperation with:
         - ACM SIGCHI
         - The European Association for Signal and
           Image Processing (EURASIP)

-------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

With recent advances in Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs), their practical
applications in general sensing and monitoring are rapidly broadening.
Although originally conceived for wide area environment or process
monitoring, WSNs are increasingly being used in human computer interaction,
brain computer interaction, gaming, and interactive digital arts, as well as
in healthcare and patient monitoring. Despite the recent technological
developments in sensing, embedded electronics, and sensor networking,
several challenging issues need to be addressed. In particular,
technological scaling, wireless communication and networking, sensor data
processing and presentation are key aspects that need to be investigated in
an integrated fashion for enabling visionary applications in the above areas
of WSN. The aim of this conference is to bring researchers in WSN to address
the technical and application issues related to Body Area Sensor Networks.

CONFERENCE PROGRAM
The conference program includes:
・8 Technical sessions (detailed description on www.bodynets.org). The
topics include:
	o	BSN and context awareness.
	o	BSN and Human Computer Interaction
	o	BSN applications, test-bed and performance evaluation
	o	BSN wireless communication and networking protocols
・Several invited papers by leading professionals and researchers in the
field.
・A keynote speech from Joseph Paradiso, Director of the Responsive
Environments Group at Media Lab, Boston, USA entitled: 'From the Ball Field
to the Dance Hall - A Decade of Body Sensor Networks in Medicine, Sports,
Entertainment, and the Arts'

CONFERENCE LOCATION
The conference will be held in Florence, at the 舛onvitto della Calza・
located in the ancient centre of the town, from the 11th to the 13th of June
2007.

REGISTRATION
Early registration deadline is May 15th, 2007. Reduced registration fees are
available for students and members of ACM.

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
------------------------------------------------------------
Romano Fantacci (General Chair), University of Florence , Italy
David Tacconi (Vice-Chair), Create-Net, Italy
Guang-Zhong Yang (TPC chair), Imperial College of London, UK
Hsiao-Hwa Chen (TPC chair), NSYSU, Taiwan
Prithwish Basu (TPC chair), BBN Technologies, USA
Francesco Chiti (Local Arrangement Chair), University of Florence , Italy
Jie Li (Publicity Chair), University of Tsukuba, Japan
Yang Yang (Publicity Chair), University College of London, UK
Sinem Coleri Ergen (Publicity Chair), Pirelli/Telecom Italia WSN
Lab,Berkeley, US
Giada Mennuti (Sponsorships Chair), University of Florence , Italy
Thomas Watteyne (Web Chair), INRIA / France Telecom, France
Karen Decker (Financial Chair), ICST, US
Zita Rozsa (Conference Coordinator), ICST, Europe

STEERING COMMITTEE
--------------------------------------------------------
Imrich Chlamtac (Chair), Create-Net, Univ. Trento, Italy

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet