Subject: [manet] MANET Testbed Experiments

From: "Siva Sivavakeesar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 09:18:01 +0100

Hello there,

I am sure that someone out there is able to help me out. Has anyone
carried out MANET experiments, where the objective is to compare two
high-level (for instance, 2 two routing protocols) protocols while the
nodes move around ? Under such circumstances, for a meaningful fair
comparison of two different protocols, in each test run the nodes
should take the exact mobility pattern (trajectories). This is to make
sure that every environmental settings are equal, although the radio
channel may be time-variant - which we don't have any control. Given
this the requirement, has anyone developed anything where this
uncertainty with regard to mobility is taken care of - i.e., the
system enables the users carrying the nodes to take exact movement
patters in each test run ? If so, have you ever used GPS mechanism to
correctly determine the geographical location (i.e., positioning
information) OR else used signal strength measurements to determine
the relative position with respect to a known location.

Please share your experience with us, as I have similar requirments to satisfy.

Thanks in advance for taking your invaluable time to answer my question.

Best Regards,

Dr. Siva

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Henrik Lundgren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 13:29:55 +0200

Siva,

See my recent reply to one of your other emails concerning APEview for
a comment about how movement choreography is implemented in the
APE testbed tool. In addition, to ensure the exact movement pattern of
nodes, I strongly recommend that you implement means to investigate the
radio environment characterstics between testruns.
My former colleagues at Uppsala University have extensively conducted
mobile experiments and investigated issues related to node movement,
repeatability, etc. for fair evaluation and comparison.

-- Henrik