Subject: [manet] routing protocol in Mesh

From: "Nguyen Lan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:34:52 +0900

Dear all,

I have a question related to routing in Wireless Mesh Networks:

802.11s define HWMP as a mandatory routing protocol for WMN and another
alternate  protocol is RA-OLSR. Can you inlighten me when using HWMP is more
preferable to the other.

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Nguyen.
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:31:47 -0600

Ngyuen:

Sorry I missed the email until today.

In many ways - it's the Distance vector versus the link-state
discussions 1MT (1 more time). 

By way - 1MT is the name of a Wurlitzer juke box that plays CDs. It's
resembles the past juke boxes - but its really cool. 

HWMP has some very cool additions to do pro-active loading of routes
from portals (interfaces to non-wimesh LANs).  The collaboration put in
some nice goodies (just like the CD juke box). 

If you'd like a detailed summary (with or without humor), let me know.  

I've been working on this for the last few years with the IEEE 802.11s.
Don Fedyk (Nortel) and I put together something for the IEEE 802.11s on
this topic.  If you give a day or two, I'll find the IEEE site reference
so you can down load it.  You can scan the IEEE web site for something
that we submitted during 2005. 

The scenario link-state has clear wins over HWMP - is in the voice fast
fail-over times in 12-50 nodes. 

Sue

________________________________

From: Nguyen Lan [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 1:35 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [manet] routing protocol in Mesh

Dear all,

802.11s define HWMP as a mandatory routing protocol for WMN and another
alternate  protocol is RA-OLSR. Can you inlighten me when using HWMP is
more preferable to the other. 

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Nguyen.