Subject: [manet] Dual stack (IPv4&IPv6) in packetbb

From: "Teco Boot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 19:57:41 +0200

When reading back dual stack support, packetbb does not support IPv6
addresses using IPv4 transport. Correct?

IPv4 over IPv6 is supported using IPv4-Mapped IPv6 Addresses.

What is the expected behavior in a mixed environment, where some nodes are
IPv4 only and others are IPv4 and IPv6? Other nodes could be IPv6 only.

I expect the MANET protocol provides an IPv4 path for IPv4 traffic and an
IPv6 path for IPv6 traffic.

I think ships-in-the-night should work, but why not optimizing? 

And there could be issues running two transport protocols on the same
socket.

I don' t see any problems using IPv6 for MANET, for both IPv4 and IPv6
traffic. However, the overhead could be seen as a disadvantage.

Adding a recommendation?

Teco.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet