Subject: [manet] CFPs: ICDCS'08 Workshop on Delay/Disruption-Tolerant Mobile Networks

From: "Dr. Hongyi Wu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:01:02 -0500 (CDT)

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

CALL FOR PAPERS

The 3rd International Workshop on Delay/Disruption-Tolerant Mobile 
Networks (In conjunction with ICDCS 2008), Beijing, China, June 20, 2008. 
http://www.cacs.louisiana.edu/~wu/DTMN08/.

Mobile communication has experienced an explosive growth since close to 
quarter of a century. In particular, the mobile ad hoc network technology 
has attracted significant attention in the last decade or so due its 
challenging research problems, and span off such new research areas as 
mesh-based mobile networks and sensor networks. What characterizes nearly 
all of those mobile technologies is that during the exchange of 
information between the source and destination terminals, there exists a 
set of links which constitutes an end-to-end path over which the 
information is communicated. In some application scenarios, however, the 
connectivity between the mobile stations is poor due to very sparse 
network conditions (low node density) or due to unstable connectivity 
conditions (interference, fading, etc), and thus it is difficult to form a 
well-connected mesh network for transmitting data through end-to-end 
connections. In fact, even if there temporarily exists a path in the 
network for some portion of the communication, it is likely that the 
terminals will only be intermittently connected due to mobility. As a 
result, data are delivered in a store-carry and forward paradigm in such 
networks. Examples include vehicular networks, mobile sensor networks, 
deep space communications, etc.

In this workshop we aim to explore novel research issues related to Delay 
(or Disruption)-Tolerant Mobile Networks (DTMN) and bringing together 
state-of-the-art contributions in this emerging area.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

- New Network Architectures and Applications
   * Mobile sensor networks
   * Vehicular networks
   * Heterogeneous mobile networks
   * Delay-tolerant applications
- Protocol Design and Optimization
   * Delay-tolerant transport protocols
   * Mobility/disruption-aware routing protocols
   * Reliability and fault tolerance
   * Energy, processing power and storage requirement
   * Mobility modeling and mobility management
   * Localization and location management
   * Nodal synchronization
   * Security, privacy and incentives for co-operation
   * Resource allocation and QoS support
- Performance Analysis and Evaluation
- Testbed Implementation and Experimental Results

Important Dates:

- Paper Submissions: Dec. 15, 2007
- Notification: Feb. 11, 2008
- Final Version: March 9, 2008
- Workshop date: June 20, 2008

Submission Instructions:

Papers are solicited in the IEEE proceedings format with up to eight (8) 
pages. Blinded submissions in PDF format must be sent to 
[email-masked] no later than December 15, 2008. Please include the 
authors' names and affiliations in the email body only. You will receive a 
confirmation within 24 hours. All submissions must be original prior 
unpublished work and not under review elsewhere. All papers will be 
reviewed blindly and selected based on their originality, merit, and 
relevance to the workshop. Accepted papers must be presented at the 
workshop, and will appear in the ICDCS workshop proceedings. Please email 
[email-masked] if you have any questions.

Program Co-Chairs:
- Liviu Iftode, Rutgers University
- Hongyi Wu, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Ichiro Satoh, National Institute of Informatics, Japan

Program Committee:
- Mostafa Ammar, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Guohong Cao, Pennsylvania State University
- Jiming Chen, Zhejiang University
- Mooi Choo Chuah, Lehigh University
- Jon Crowcroft, University of Cambridge
- Cecilia Mascolo, University College of London
- Tamer Nadeem, Siemens Corporate Research
- Dmitri Perkins, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Chunming Qiao, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Konstantinos Psounis, University of Southern California
- Kun Tan, Microsoft Research Asia
- Nian-Feng Tzeng, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Yu Wang, Microsoft
- Jie Wu, Florida Atlantic University
- Zhensheng Zhang, San Diego Research Center

--Hongyi
========================================================================
Dr. Hongyi Wu,  Associate Professor
The Center for Advanced Computer Studies (CACS) 
University of Louisiana (UL) at Lafayette
P.O. Box 44330, Lafayette, LA 70504-4330, U.S.A. 
Tel: 337-482-5779, Fax: 337-482-5791
E-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.cacs.louisiana.edu/~wu
========================================================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet