Subject: RE: [manet] draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-04

From: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 13:49:19 -0000

The correct length is 16 bits. Thanks for the catch, we'll
correct it in the next version.

-----Original Message-----
From: Yogdutt Sonivadia [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 30 October 2007 13:47
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Dearlove, Christopher (UK)
Subject: [manet] draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-04

               *** WARNING ***

This mail has originated outside your organization,
either from an external partner or the Global Internet. 
     Keep this in mind if you answer this message. 

In section 8.2.1 it's mentioned that the length of CONT_SEQ_NUM is 8
bits
only while in the example of TC message (Appendix D.3) it's mentioned
that
it's a 16 bits value.

Can you tell me which is the correct length for the CONT_SEQ_NUM?

8.2.1.  TC Message TLVs

   In a TC message, a node MUST include a CONT_SEQ_NUM message TLV, and
   MAY contain an INCOMPLETE message TLV, as specified in Table 3.  A
   node MUST NOT include more than one CONT_SEQ_NUM message TLV or
   INCOMPLETE message TLV.

   +--------------+------+---------+--------+--------------------------+
   |     Name     | Type | Subtype | Length | Value                    |
   +--------------+------+---------+--------+--------------------------+
   | CONT_SEQ_NUM |  TBD |    0    | 8 bits | The ANSN contained in    |
   |              |      |         |        | the Advertised Neighbor  |
   |              |      |         |        | Set                      |
   |              |      |         |        |                          |
   |  INCOMPLETE  |  TBD |    0    | 0 bits | None                     |
   +--------------+------+---------+--------+--------------------------+

Appendix D.3.  Example TC Message

   An example TC message, using IPv4 (four octet) addresses, is as
   follows.  The overall message length is 67 octets.

   The message has a message TLV block with content length 13 octets
   containing three TLVs.  The first two TLVs are validity and interval
   times as for the HELLO message above.  The third TLV is a content
   sequence number TLV used to carry the 2 octet ANSN.  The semantics
   value is also 8.

.
.
.
      0                   1                   2                   3
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |      TC       |0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0|0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0|
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |                      Originator Address                       |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |   Hop Limit   |   Hop Count   |    Message Sequence Number    |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 1| VALIDITY_TIME |0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0|
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1|     Value     | INTERVAL_TIME |0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0|
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1|     Value     | CONT_SEQ_NUM  |0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0|
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0|         Value (ANSN)          |0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1|
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |     0x02      |0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0|             Head              |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Regards,
Yogdutt Sonivadia

********************************************************************
This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended
recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender.
You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or
distribute its contents to any other person.
********************************************************************

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Yogdutt Sonivadia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 19:17:07 +0530

In section 8.2.1 it's mentioned that the length of CONT_SEQ_NUM is 8 bits
only while in the example of TC message (Appendix D.3) it's mentioned that
it's a 16 bits value.

8.2.1.  TC Message TLVs

.
.
.
      0                   1                   2                   3

Regards,
Yogdutt Sonivadia