Subject: [manet] Some Clarification Regarding draft-dearlove-olsrv2-metrics-00

From: Bharat M Gaonkar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 16:20:43 +0530

In section 4.4 we have the following phrase
"In HELLO messages link metrics (TLV or default) are required for
   addresses with LINK_STATUS == HEARD (incoming metric only) and
   LINK_STATUS == SYMMETRIC.  Link metrics are also required for
   addresses with OTHER_IF == SYMMETRIC; in this case if a node has more
   than one possible value (on different interfaces) to report, it must
   use the smallest."
Can some one explain me why metric based on OTHER_IF is needed?
Should it be OTHER_NEIGH

With Regards,
Bharat M. Gaonkar

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:08:25 -0000

Without looking at the original, yes, that looks
like I put in the wrong name to me. Thanks for that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bharat M Gaonkar [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 29 October 2007 10:51
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Dearlove, Christopher (UK)
Subject: [manet] Some Clarification Regarding
draft-dearlove-olsrv2-metrics-00

               *** WARNING ***

This mail has originated outside your organization,
either from an external partner or the Global Internet. 
     Keep this in mind if you answer this message. 

With Regards,
Bharat M. Gaonkar

********************************************************************
This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended
recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender.
You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or
distribute its contents to any other person.
********************************************************************