Subject: [manet] Some more on MANET Identifier (ID) TLV motivation

From: Ian Chakeres <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 06:05:34 +0530

Chris prompted me to describe the motivation behind this Internet  
Draft (I-D). draft-chakeres-manet-manetid-00.txt

The I-D simply defines TLV structures for carrying an identifier (ID)  
value.

The motivation behind creating and carrying this ID is to  
administratively identify routing control message/information and to  
enable protocols to restrict dissemination/processing.

Let me describe two well-known use cases that would utilize this type  
of feature.
1) multiple topology routing
2) administratively controlled boundaries

I'm very interested in discussing this more, and I look forward to  
talking about it Wednesday during our meeting.

Thanks.
Ian

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet