Subject: [manet] Vancouver MANET WG Summary/Minutes

From: Ian Chakeres <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 20:06:16 +0530

I have posted the minutes from our Vancouver meeting on the  
proceedings website. If you have any fixes (names, content, etc.),  
please email them to me.

In the minutes, I've also included a meeting summary.

Here is the meeting summary:
======================================================

Several WG documents have moved out of the WG and onto the IETF/IESG
since the meeting in Chicago, and we hope to progress several more
documents before Philadelphia.

Please review and provide feedback on SMF, NHDP, OLSRv2, and DYMO now.

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/

During the meeting the SMF presentations identified several
interesting challenges, and the solutions proposed in the
Internet-Draft (I-D). I encourage everyone to review the document and
slides from the meeting.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/meeting_materials.cgi?meeting_num=70

There were three discussion related presentations during the
meeting. The first was on temporary loops and preventive
measures. There were some questions as to the reason for the looping
in the scenarios presented and the implementation.  Additional,
discussion on both the implementation and the problem are needed
before proceeding. The second was on using jitter for data forwarding
in conjunction with SMF. The preliminary experimental results show
that it may be helpful in reducing collisions. The experimental
results also demonstrate that packet loss may reduce the ability to
reliably deliver packets within a strict hop count. Additional
experimental results and discussion are encouraged. Third the concept
of a "MANET Identifier" was discussed. The microphone discussion
demonstrated the wide variety of possible uses for a MANET
Identifier. The next revision of the I-D will include a description of
the behavior (for DYMO), and some simple use case scenarios will be
discussed on-list.

During the open microphone period at the end of the meeting, the issue
of metrics for NHPD/OLSRv2 was brought up. Since the WG time was up,
the discussion on this topic will need to be held on-list.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet