Subject: [manet] Document Action: 'Jitter considerations in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:09:02 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Jitter considerations in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs) '
   <draft-ietf-manet-jitter-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and David Ward.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-jitter-04.txt

Technical Summary
  
   This informational document provides recommendations for jittering
   (randomly modifying timing) of control traffic transmissions in  
   Mobile Ad hoc NETwork (MANET) routing protocols to reduce the
   probability of transmission collisions.

Working Group Summary
 
  No dissent reported. Strong WG agreement is reported (see PROTO 
  writeup). Several other WG documents contain references to this ID.

Protocol Quality
 
  Ross Callon has reviewed this document for the IESG. Jitter is 
  generally used in all routing protocol implementations that I 
  know of.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet