Subject: [manet] draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 09:22:26 -0600

Here are comments on the Dec 6, 2007 MANET Neighborhood Discovery Protocol 
(NHDP), draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-05

1.  Page 12, 4th major bullet.  Error in sentence "Additional information 
may be added by a protocol using thsi protocol using the TLV mechanisms 
described in [1]."

2.  Page 16,  Section 5.1.3.  What does "not updated" mean in following 
sentence: "If link quality is not updated, then INITIAL_QUALITY >= 
HYST_ACCEPT."  Does it mean the same as "deployment without link quality" 
in section 14.1?  Or can it also include any cases of deployment with link 
quality, e.g. the rest of section 14?

3.  Page 23, Section 8.1 says "A node's Neighbor Set records all interface 
addresses of each 1-hop neighbor." and Page 28, Section 10.1.1 says "All 
addresses in a node's Local Interface Set (i.e. in any 
I_local_iface_addr_list) MUST be included in the address blocks in all 
generated HELLO messages with the following exception."   What about the 
case of a Node that happens to be a Border Router between multiple 
Autonomous Systems (ASs)?  I.e. this node has MANET interfaces on one AS 
and non-MANET interfaces to another AS?  Would such a node still report 
its interfaces to the different AS per Section 10.1.1?

4.  I noticed that the bullet character changes depending upon the level 
of indentation.  E.g., o is used at first indentation, * is used at the 
second, + is used at the third, and - is used at the fourth (see page 40 
for all 4 levels used on one page).  Just curious, is this an IETF 
standard convention?

Jim Stevens
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet