Subject: [manet] Fwd: I-D Action:draft-chakeres-manet-manetid-02.txt

From: "Ian Chakeres" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:08:54 +0530

Thank you to everyone who has given me feedback on manetid-01. Given
the comments, I revised the I-D.

Here are the main changes:

) define the terms process and instance and use them throughout. These
terms often replace router in the previous version.
) include a description of what functionality this I-D enables. That
is, "This specification enables multiple instances of (DYMO) to run
independently on the same node.
) explicitly disallow multiple INSTANCE_ID tags

The spec remains very short, please examine the latest revision and
continue to comment on it.

I would also like to continue the discussion on whether this concept
should be generalized to other MANET protocols, or simply incorporated
into DYMO.

Thanks.
Ian Chakeres

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: 2008/1/18
Subject: I-D Action:draft-chakeres-manet-manetid-02.txt
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : MANET INSTANCE_ID TLV
        Author(s)       : I. Chakeres
        Filename        : draft-chakeres-manet-manetid-02.txt
        Pages           : 7
        Date            : 2008-01-18

This document defines a message TLV named MANET INSTANCE_ID.  The
INSTANCE_ID TLV is used by a (DYMO) process to identify information
as belonging to a particular (DYMO) instance.  This specification
enables multiple instances of (DYMO) to run independently on the same
node.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chakeres-manet-manetid-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-chakeres-manet-manetid-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chakeres-manet-manetid-02.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet