Subject: [manet] SMF Moving Forward

From: "Ian Chakeres" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:15:09 +0530

Recently the concept of using encapsulation for simplified multicast
forwarding (SMF) has been revisited and discussed. Fred Templin has
done a good job of describing a possible encapsulation method to work
in concert with SMF's DPD functions.

I feel group consensus has been to proceed with the existing SMF
document content as-is, and to follow-up with discussion related to
SMF using encapsulation in a separate I-D. If you disagree with my
assesment of the situation, please let me know ASAP.

Given this conclusion, I've asked Joe to revise the SMF spec based on
the feedback he's received recently. Hopefully, we can complete the
SMF document shortly afterward and continue  achieving our milestones.

Sincerely,
Ian Chakeres

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet