Subject: [manet] Multicast protocols on MANET

From: "Vincent Nogues" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:05:36 +0200

Dear all,

I am working on MANET technologies and especially for now on multicast on
MANET: I have already tested a MOLSR implementation.

I follow the MANET IETF working group discussions and the related work. I
notice that SMF protocol discussion is very active but the other work (like
MOLSR, MAODV .) seems to be suspended 

So my questions are:

- Does it mean that previous work on multicast routing (MAODV, MOLSR, ODMRP)
protocole have been dropped?

- Will these protocols be submitted as an RFC (experimental?) ?

- Does some people know if some experiment have been done on MAODV or ODMRP
and if some results (or simulation code on NS-2 for example) exist and are
available?

Thanks in advance for your help,

---------------------------------------------------

Vincent NOGUES

---------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Ian Chakeres" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:51:53 +0530

During the rechartering (2+ years ago) the group got focused on
finishing a proactive and a reactive unicast routing protocol first.
Although SMF also got chartered for  experimental. Since then there
has been little discussion on previous more-complex manet multicast
protocols.

I am aware of work outside the IETF on manet multicast, but I am not
aware of any current activity to standardize these protocols.

Ian

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Vincent Nogues
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> MOLSR, MAODV …) seems to be suspended
>
>
>
> So my questions are:
>
>
>

---

From: "Joseph Kopena" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 08:40:58 -0400

> MOLSR, MAODV …) seems to be suspended

Vincent,

For what it's worth, my understanding is that a good portion of the
motivation for working on SMF is to create a building block for other
multicast protocols.  Something to keep while looking at that spec and
thinking about its uses.

Thx

-- 
- joe kopena
right here and now