Subject: [manet] Research Opporunities and Scholarships Wireless Ad hoc Networking(UoW/ARC)

From: Mehran Abolhasan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 14:37:54 +1000

*** Apologies if you receive this announcement multiple  times ***

=========================================
Scholarship and Research Opportunities 
=========================================

Wireless Communications Scholarships The Telecommunications and
Information Technology Research (TITR) institute at The University of
Wollongong, is seeking to fill a number of PhD positions in the area of
Wireless Mesh networking, Virtual MIMO and Cooperative Diversity. The
ideal candidates will have all or most of the following qualification
and experience. 

Essential Selection Criteria:

      * A bachelors Degree in Computer or Telecommunications Engineering
        with First Class Honors. 
      * Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP, wireless networking and MIMO. 
      * Ability to program in C and C++. 
      * Excellent communications and presentation skills. 
      * Ability to work as part of a team and individually. 

Desirable Selection Criteria: 

      * Previous experience in Algorithm development. 
      * Previous experience working with simulation software such as
        QualNet . 
      * Previous research experience in wireless communications. 

In return the successful candidate will receive up to $26K p.a Tax free
scholarship for three years, and have an opportunity to further enhance
both their research skills and gain hands-on development skills. For
further information submission of your applications please email contact
Dr. Mehran Abolhasan ([email-masked])

-- 
Dr. Mehran Abolhasan PhD, MIEEE
Project Leader - Desert Knowledge CRC
Senior Research Fellow - Telecommunications and IT Research Institute (TITR)
University of Wollongong, Northfields Ave, NSW 2522, Australia
Phone: +61 2 4221 3347
Fax: +61 2 4227 3277
www.uow.edu.au/~mehrana
Email 1: [email-masked]
Email 2: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet