Subject: [manet] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-manet-smf-08

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 13:40:13 -0800 (PST)

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-manet-smf-08.txt has been successfuly submitted by Joseph Macker and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-manet-smf
Revision:	 08
Title:		 Simplified Multicast Forwarding for MANET
Creation_date:	 2008-11-03
WG ID:		 manet
Number_of_pages: 49

Abstract:
This document describes a Simplified Multicast Forwarding (SMF)
mechanism that provides basic IP multicast forwarding suitable for
wireless mesh and mobile ad hoc network (MANET) use.  SMF specifies
techniques for multicast duplicate packet detection (DPD) to assist
the forwarding process.  SMF also specifies DPD maintenance and
checking operations for with both IPv4 and IPv6.  SMF also specifies
the optional use of reduced relay sets for efficient MANET multicast
data distribution within a mesh topology.  The document describes
interactions with other protocols and multiple deployment approaches.
Distributed algorithms for selecting reduced relay sets and related
discussion are provided in the Appendices.  Basic issues relating to
the operation of multicast MANET border routers are discussed but
ongoing work remains in this area beyond the scope of this document.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet