Subject: [manet] Protocol Action: 'Representing multi-value time in MANETs' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:53 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Representing multi-value time in MANETs '
   <draft-ietf-manet-timetlv-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and David Ward.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-timetlv-08.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes a general and flexible TLV (type-length-value
   structure) for representing time using the generalized MANET packet/
   message format.  It defines two message and two address block TLVs
   for representing validity and interval times for MANET routing
   protocols.

   The document has had review and update as a result of comments
   received during IESG evaluation and Gen-Art review, and is been
   returned to the IESG ballot since it still needs the required ten
   votes to pass. 

Working Group Summary

   No contentious issues were raised during WG discussion on this
   document. The three main WG protocol documents contain a reference
   to this I-D. That is, NHDP, DYMO, and OLSRv2 all utilize the TLV 
   format and types specified in this document.

Document Quality

   The gen-art reviewer requested some clarification of the notion
   of "distance". I (Ross) have reviewed this and it looks fine to 
   me, but I am not an expert on representing time. 

Personnel

   Ian Chakeres is the WG chair shepherding this document. Ross Callon
   is the responsible AD.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet