Subject: [manet] FW: New Version Notification for draft-lacharite-manet-holsr-02

From: Yannick Lacharité <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 08:58:20 -0400

A new version of I-D, draft-lacharite-manet-holsr-02.txt has been successfuly submitted by Yannick Lacharite and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-lacharite-manet-holsr
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Hierarchical OLSR
Creation_date:	 2009-07-13
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 38

Abstract:
This document describes the Hierarchical Optimized Link State Routing
(HOLSR) mechanism for heterogeneous mobile ad hoc networks.  In this
specification a heterogeneous mobile ad hoc network is defined as a
network of mobile routers that are characterized by different
communication capabilities, such as communication channels,
processing powers or energy levels.

The HOLSR mechanism is an extension to the OLSRv2 protocol.  HOLSR
takes advantage of the router's distinct communications capabilities
to reduce the routing control overhead in large heterogeneous ad hoc
networks, thus improving the performance of the routing mechanism.
More precisely, HOLSR defines a hierarchy in the network and presents
a routing scheme for this hierarchical structure with a better
scalability.

The IETF Secretariat.