Subject: [manet] NS-3 RFC5444 (PacketBB) Implementation

From: Tom Wambold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 17:00:51 -0400

All:

I have just recently published a new PacketBB implementation for the
NS-3 Network Simulator as part of work at Drexel University and
University of Pennsylvania.

The implementation can be found in the Mercurial repository at [1].  The
source files are in src/contrib/packetbb.{cc,h}.  A thorough test can be
found at src/contrib/test-packetbb.cc

This library fully conforms to RFC5444 [2], and passes all
interoperability tests performed at the 2008 OLSR Interop [3].  Since
these example packets were based on an earlier PacketBB draft, a minor
change was needed to match the latest RFC.  Otherwise, this
implementation passes all of the tests found at [4].

We will be actively using this library to support our implementation of
NHDP and SMF.  These should be ready for release in a few weeks.
Hopefully, these could be merged into the main NS-3 distribution.

Since NS-3 has a full IP stack, with packets being fully serialized,
this implementation could potentially interoperate with other PacketBB
implementations when using NS-3 in emulation.  Also, this implementation
is fairly generic, so it could be ported to live systems without much
effort.

Please feel free to send me any questions/comments/etc. that you may
have as we are actively using and maintaining this library.

Thanks!
-Tom Wambold

[1] - http://code.nsnam.org/twambold/ns-3-dev-packetbb
[2] - http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5444
[3] - http://interop08.thomasclausen.org/packets-and-dumps.txt
[4] - http://code.nsnam.org/twambold/ns-3-dev-packetbb/file/tip/src/contrib/test-packetbb.cc

---

From: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:04:50 +0200

Hi Tom,

that's good news! We are organizing an OLSR interop in Vienna and invite
everyone with a packetbb/NHDP/OLSRv2 implementation to join. More
information on:
http://interop.thomasclausen.org/Interop09

Thomas Clausen will send an email with the announcement today (it apparently
got lost on the mailing list before).

Best regards,
Ulrich

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 11:00 PM, Tom Wambold <[email-masked]> wrote:

> [4] -
> http://code.nsnam.org/twambold/ns-3-dev-packetbb/file/tip/src/contrib/test-packetbb.cc
> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>