Subject: [manet] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-manet-smf-11

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:50:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-manet-smf-11.txt has been successfully submitted by Joseph Macker and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-manet-smf
Revision:	 11
Title:		 Simplified Multicast Forwarding
Creation_date:	 2011-03-14
WG ID:		 manet
Number_of_pages: 51

Abstract:
This document describes a Simplified Multicast Forwarding (SMF)
mechanism that provides basic IP multicast forwarding suitable for
wireless mesh and mobile ad hoc network (MANET) use.  SMF defines
techniques for multicast duplicate packet detection (DPD) to be
applied in the forwarding process and includes maintenance and
checking operations for both IPv4 and IPv6 protocol use.  SMF also
specifies mechanisms for applying reduced relay sets to achieve more
efficient multicast data distribution within a mesh topology versus
simple flooding.  The document describes interactions with other
protocols and multiple deployment approaches.  Distributed algorithms
for selecting reduced relay sets and related discussion are provided
in the Appendices.  Basic issues relating to the operation of
multicast MANET border routers are discussed but ongoing work remains
in this area beyond the scope of this document.

The IETF Secretariat.