Subject: [manet] "Inventare il Futuro" Contest

From: Gustavo Marfia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 14:45:31 +0200

Dear All,

If you have an innovative idea involving new technologies which could
contribute
to improve the quality of civil and social life, take part in *Inventare il
Futuro*, the
ideas competition launched by the University of Bologna, Italy, with the
contribution
of the “Fondazione del Monte di Bologna e Ravenna”.

The competition is open to young people who, on the competition deadline,
fulfil the
following requirements:

- Max. age 30 (you must not yet have turned 31);
- You must be enrolled to a study programme at, or have graduated from, a
university
in the European Union.

The ideas presented must be prevalently based on digital technologies, and
must
fall into one of the following fields of application:

   - City and citizens;
   - Health and the Environment;
   - Children, the Third Age, Disability;
   - Cultural and Artistic Heritage;
   - Education;
   - Media, Arts, Entertainment.

The first prize, for each field of application, is of 7000 Euro.

More information may be found at:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Inventare-il-Futuro-Un-Concorso-per-Giovani-Idee/221824417827746
http://www.unibo.it/inventarefuturo/en/partecipa.html

Best Regards,

Gustavo Marfia, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Computer Science Department
University of Bologna, Italy

---

From: zhaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 10:46:58 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

>From a recent posting:
>
> If you have an innovative idea involving new technologies which
> could contribute to improve the quality of civil and social life, 
> take part in *Inventare il Futuro*, the ideas competition launched
> by the University of Bologna, Italy, with the contribution
> The competition is open to young people who, on the competition
> deadline, fulfil the following requirements:
>

Yes, the world belongs to the young people ... no 
one is interested in hearing from us, the "old 
folks" about "il Futuro" ... (;-).

Sorry, could not resist (:-) ...

Zygmunt.
==--==-=-==
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Dr. Zygmunt J. Haas              http://people.ece.cornell.edu/haas
Professor
School of Electrical Engineering
Wireless Networks Laboratory, Director   http://wnl.ece.cornell.edu
Cornell University                       tel: +1-607-255-3454
324 Frank Rhodes Hall                    fax: +1-607-255-9072
Ithaca, NY 14853
U.S.A                       e-mail: haas(at)ece(dot)cornell(dot)edu
                 WNL web page: http://wnl.ece.cornell.edu
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
  	"I would found an institution where any person could find
  	     instruction in any study." - Ezra Cornell, 1868