Subject: [manet] [ACM MobiOpp'12] Call For Demos - Deadline fast approaching

From: Valerio Arnaboldi<[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 13:00:01 +0100

==============================================================================
            *** Extended submission deadline --- January 10, 2012 ***
==============================================================================
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                               CALL FOR DEMOS

                              ACM MobiOpp 2012
                       Third International Workshop on
                        Mobile Opportunistic Networks

               http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/conference/mobiopp2012/
                         sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE

                              March 15-16, 2012
                          ETH Zuerich, Switzerland

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The MobiOpp 2012 Demo session  will offer  high-quality  demonstrations  in the
area  of  opportunistic   networking  and  computing.    MobiOpp  2012  invites
demonstrations  of  working systems,  innovative applications,   groundbreaking
ideas, and novel concepts related to MobiOpp. Demos from industrial researchers
as well as demos  from academia with  a  significant relevance to  industry are
encouraged.

Topics of interest are the same as those for regular papers and include (but
are not limited to):

- Opportunistic and Delay-tolerant Networks
- Mobile Urban Sensing and Crowdsensing
- Novel Architectures, Middleware, Prototypes, and Testbeds
- Routing, Dissemination, and Caching in Opportunistic Networks
- Analysis of Opportunistic Protocols
- Security, Trust, Privacy, and Cooperation in Opportunistic Networks
- Social-aware Opportunistic Networking
- Anti-censorship/surveillance opportunistic communications
- Opportunistic  Applications (e.g., opportunistic social networking, disaster
  and emergency situations, healthcare, communication in remote regions)
- Mobility models for opportunistic networks

The demos  will be  presented in a dedicated session,  following a  one-minute
madness presentation.  Demo abstracts will be included  in  the  MobiOpp  2012
Proceedings in the form of extended abstracts and will be published in the ACM
Digital Library.

Submission Guidelines
---------------------

Prospective contributors are expected to submit a demo proposal in the form of
a  short technical paper (no more than 2 pages)  using  the MobiOpp templates.
The  short  paper must illustrate  the research contribution of the demo,  the
practical setup, and the technical requirements.

The   evaluation   criteria   for  the  peer-review  include: (1)  extent  and
significance   of  the  research contribution;   (2)  relevance   to  MobiOpp;
(3) potential   impact  on  the  audience;   (4)  quality   of  the   proposed
implementation; (5) presentation quality.

Only  original  material  that  has  not  been  published  or  submitted   for
publication  elsewhere  may be submitted.   Double   submissions  represent  a
violation of ACM policy (http://www.acm.org/pubs/rights.html)  and will result
in rejection from all conferences/journals involved.

At least one author of each accepted demo proposal is required to register and
present at the workshop.

Detailed submission instructions can be found at:
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/conference/mobiopp2012/demo.html

Important Dates
---------------
Submission deadline (extended): January 10, 2012
Notification of acceptance:     January 13, 2012
Camera-ready due:               January 20, 2012

MobiOpp 2012 Demo Co-Chairs
------------------------------
Chiara Boldrini, IIT-CNR, Italy
Daniele Puccinelli, SUPSI, Switzerland

==============================================

Valerio Arnaboldi - MOBIOPP2012 Publicity Chair

Institute for Informatics and Telematics (IIT)
Italian National Research Council (CNR)
Via G. Moruzzi, 1 - 56124 Pisa, Italy
phone: +39 050 315 2195
email: [email-masked]