Subject: Re: [manet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-report-mib-02.txt (UNCLASSIFIED)

From: "Cole, Robert G USA CIV (US)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 21:37:45 +0000

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Just a quick comment on this revision to the report mib.  This is the
revision that drastically reduces the complexity of the mib in to
significant ways.

First, it now addresses only the 'sampling' capabilities that we had in the
earlier drafts. And

Second, we are now using 'AUGMENTS' to extend/leverage the current sampling
tables from the RMON2 MIB.

You'll noticed that the draft is greatly reduced in size.  Comments are
appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 10:09 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [manet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-report-mib-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Definition of Managed Objects for Performance
Reporting
	Author(s)       : Robert G. Cole
                          Joseph Macker
                          Andy Bierman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-report-mib-02.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2012-01-31

   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
   In particular, it describes objects for configuring autonomous report
   generation on any device that supports MIBs containing counter and
   gauge objects for performance monitoring.  This allows a management
   station to instruct a device to build off-line reports to be
   collected asynchronously by the management station.  Further, this
   REPORT-SAMPLED-MIB can be configured in a proxy configuration where
   the report generation is performed on a device in close network
   proximity to the device containing the referenced counter objects.
   Hence, this capability allows network operators to reduce the SNMP
   polling traffic burden on Mobile Ad-Hoc and Disruption Tolerant
   Networks which is typical of SNMP performance management
   applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-report-mib-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-report-mib-02.txt

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE