Subject: [manet] Document Action: 'Simplified Multicast Forwarding' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-manet-smf-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 08:36:14 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Simplified Multicast Forwarding'
  (draft-ietf-manet-smf-14.txt) as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-smf/

Technical Summary

  This document specifies some simple mechanisms to distribute multicast data
   packets within a Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET).

   This document provides basic and simple multicast forwarding that can
   complement the on-going unicast routing protocol efforts of the MANET
   working group. Additionally, this document describes several different 
   reduced relay set algorithms that can be used to make multicast 
   dissemination more efficient.

Working Group Summary

   There were no issues in the WG process. The I-D has progressed very
   slowly since WG lsat call as updates to address WG last call comments
   and to satisfy AD review have been slow.

Protocol Quality

   This is intended for publication as an Experimental RFC.

   Several interoperable implementations of SMF exist; although only
   one is available. Note: that several of the methods laid out in SMF
   have been included in many MANET protocols and their
   implementations. 

Personnel

   Stan Ratliff ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD