Subject: [manet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-packetbb-sec-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 12:04:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Integrity Check Value and Timestamp TLV Definitions for MANETs
	Author(s)       : Ulrich Herberg
                          Thomas Heide Clausen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-packetbb-sec-09.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2012-03-06

   This document describes general and flexible TLVs for representing
   cryptographic integrity check values (ICV) (i.e. digital signatures
   or MACs) as well as timestamps, using the generalized MANET packet/
   message format defined in RFC 5444.  It defines two Packet TLVs, two
   Message TLVs, and two Address Block TLVs, for affixing ICVs and
   timestamps to a packet, message and address, respectively.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-packetbb-sec-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-packetbb-sec-09.txt

---

From: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 10:04:59 -0800

Hi,

following up on the IESG evaluation, we have submitted a new revision of
packetbb-sec. This new revision has satisfied the ADs who previously had a
"DISCUSS" in the ballot. We were asked to inform the WG of the changes in
this last revision:

- the term "digital signature" was changed to "integrity check value
(ICV)", as we want to include HMAC
- we have reinstated several entries in the registries for hash functions
and cryptographic functions (e.g. SHA256 / RSA).
- instead of using a single octet for the key index, a length-value
structure for a key identifier is used, which allows more flexibility.

- There are still come editorial nits to fix, but we believe they are so
minor, that they can be solved with an RFC Editor note.

Best regards
Ulrich

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 12:04 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks
> Working Group of the IETF.
>
> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>