Subject: [manet] A Question to the WG AD

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 14:15:43 +0200

Hi Adrian,

I want to understand about future of interaction of our standards and
ITU-standards, because I seen one draft about procedures as below:

[Titled: Internet Engineering Task Force and International
Telecommunication Union - Telecommunications Standardization Sector
Collaboration Guidelines, (2012)
draft-iab-rfc3356bis-01]

QUOTE from the draft:
=========
The current level of cooperation between the ITU-T and the IETF
should be built upon to ensure that the competence and experience of
each organization is brought to bear in the most effective manner
and in collaboration with the other. This document provides
guidelines for collaboration between the ITU-T and the IETF.
=========

The question: Is establishing layer-2 connectivity which would define
the extent of the subnet out of scope for IETF, or we may do because
in future IETF is colaborating with ITU?

thanking you,

Abdussalam Baryun
University of Glamorgan, UK.