Subject: [manet] Informal draft about OLSRv2 ETT metric posted

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 12:53:44 +0200

Hi,

a few people asked me in the last months if I would like to revive the 
OLSR metric draft I worked on in 2009, so Emmanuel Baccelli and me 
decided to work on a metric draft again.

The new draft is NOT a description of the ETX metric for OLSRv1 as it is 
used in the Freifunk and Funkfeuer networks, it describes the ETT metric 
used in the OLSR.org OLSRv2 implementation (which is based on the 
experience with the OLSRv1 ETX metric).

While updating the draft to the new metric, I cleaned it up and adapted 
it to the directional metric approach used in OLSRv2.

We plan to update the draft in two weeks based on the feedback from this 
list. I will also attend the IETF Meeting in Berlin, so I could give a 
short presentation about the draft there.

You will find the -00 release of the draft at this URL:

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-rogge-baccelli-olsrv2-ett-metric-00.txt

Henning Rogge
-- 
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE
Kommunikationssysteme (KOM)
Fraunhofer Straße 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Telefon +49 228 9435-961,   Fax +49 228 9435 685
mailto:[email-masked] http://www.fkie.fraunhofer.de

---

From: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 12:54:27 +0000

I don't yet know if I can make it to Berlin. But (caveat, not read the draft yet) if I do I'd like to see such a presentation, or sit down and talk about it. Inclusive or.

-- 
Christopher Dearlove
Senior Principal Engineer, Communications Group
Communications, Networks and Image Analysis Capability
BAE Systems Advanced Technology Centre
West Hanningfield Road, Great Baddow, Chelmsford, CM2 8HN, UK
Tel: +44 1245 242194 |  Fax: +44 1245 242124
[email-masked] | http://www.baesystems.com

BAE Systems (Operations) Limited
Registered Office: Warwick House, PO Box 87, Farnborough Aerospace Centre, Farnborough, Hants, GU14 6YU, UK
Registered in England & Wales No: 1996687

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Henning Rogge
Sent: 17 June 2013 11:54
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Emmanuel Baccelli
Subject: [manet] Informal draft about OLSRv2 ETT metric posted

Hi,

Henning Rogge

********************************************************************
This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended
recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender.
You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or
distribute its contents to any other person.
********************************************************************

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:00:53 +0200

Thanks to renew (I was waiting for this), it is interesting draft,

AB

---

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 10:57:25 +0200

Hi,

based on a couple of Reviews we just released draft -01 of our ETT 
metric draft.

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-rogge-baccelli-olsrv2-ett-metric-01.txt

We would like to see more feedback on the draft and plan to fold coming 
changes into a -02 revision before the cutoff date for Berlin.

Henning Rogge