Subject: [manet] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-sec-threats-04.txt

From: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 08:18:29 -0700

Hello,

we have submitted a new revision of nhdp-sec-threats, addressing Joe's
and Adrian's comments in IETF Last Call.
There were no other objections or comments to the draft in IETF LC,
besides a complaint of Abdussalam to be listed in the acknowledgments.
We believe that only comments that lead to significant improvements of
the draft deserve a listing in the acknowledgment section, and we have
therefore not modified the section.

Best regards
Ulrich

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-sec-threats-04.txt
To: Thomas Heide Clausen <[email-masked]>, Ulrich Herberg
<[email-masked]>, Jiazi Yi <[email-masked]>, "Thomas H.
Clausen" <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-sec-threats-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Ulrich Herberg and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-sec-threats
Revision:        04
Title:           Security Threats for NHDP
Creation date:   2013-06-06
Group:           manet
Number of pages: 17
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-sec-threats-04.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-sec-threats
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-sec-threats-04
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-sec-threats-04

Abstract:
   This document analyzes common security threats of the Neighborhood
   Discovery Protocol (NHDP), and describes their potential impacts on
   MANET routing protocols using NHDP.  This document is not intended to
   propose solutions to the threats described.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: "Timothy J. Salo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 14:33:38 -0500

> therefore not modified the section.

+1

-tjs

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:51:01 +0200

I understood your policy in editing contributions, so I will not
participate any more in any future work you author in ietf or manet.
If I get a request to review a work having similar authors, I will
appologies and refer to the message I received below. If all WGs hold
the same policy, then I would like to understand, because I have
specific understanding of team work.

Thanking you for clarification.

AB

On 6/6/13, Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Htmlized:
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-sec-threats-04
> Diff:
> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 13:08:40 +0100

AB,

This isn't established WG policy, but an author team decision that just happens to also be the generally accepted convention for handling the matter.

But, as it's not policy, can I also request the same non-participation from you for any drafts I author?

(I'd like to get in early, before the rush.)

Lloyd Wood
http://sat-net.com/L.Wood/

________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Abdussalam Baryun [[email-masked]]
Sent: 10 June 2013 11:51
To: Ulrich Herberg
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [manet] Fwd: New Version Notification for  draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-sec-threats-04.txt

AB