Subject: [manet] ACM CHANTS 2014 (co-located with ACM MobiCom): call for participation

From: Elisabetta Biondi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 16:01:38 +0200

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-       Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP       -
------------------------------------------------------------------------

                  	CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

          ACM CHANTS 2014 - 9th Workshop on Challenged Networks
                   co-located with ACM MobiCom 2014
                 7 September 2014, Maui, Hawaii, USA

                        www.acm-chants.org

                 Supported by the FP7 EU MOTO project
                        http://www.fp7-moto.eu

------------------------------------------------------------------------
******         Early registration deadline: August 9, 2014       *******
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Featuring:

1 Keynote talk: Giovanni Pau, LIP6-UPMC, France

10 full papers + 5 concise papers

5 demos

Details at http://acm-chants.org/, as well as below.

========================================================================
TECHNICAL PROGRAM
========================================================================
08:20 - 08:30	Welcome

08:30 - 09:15	Keynote Talk
	Prof. Giovanni Pau, LIP6-UPMC, France
	Title: Will ICN ride Challenged Network Environments?

09:15 - 10:00	New scenarios and deployment issues for challenged
networks
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enhancing Opportunistic Networks with Legacy Nodes
Marcin Nagy, Teemu Karkkainen, and Jorg Ott

Opportunistic Interaction in the Challenged Internet of Things
Hanno Wirtz, Jan Ruth, Martin Serror, Jo Agila Bitsch Link and Klaus Wehrle

10:00 - 10:30	Coffee Break

10:30 - 12:00	Challenged networking solutions for heterogeneous
networks
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mind the Gap: Modelling Video Delivery Under Expected Periods of
Disconnection
Argyrios Tasiopoulos, Ioannis Psaras and George Pavlou

Flooding data in a cell: Is cellular multicast better than
device-to-device communications?
Filippo Rebecchi, Marcelo Dias de Amorim and Vania Conan

A message ferrying approach to low-cost backhaul in cellular networks
Sayed A. Hoseini, Azade Fotouhi, Mahbub Hassan, Chun T. Chou and Mostafa
Ammar

Adaptive Data Offloading in Opportunistic Networks through an
Actor-Critic Learning Method
Lorenzo Valerio, Raffaele Bruno and Andrea Passarella

12:00 - 13:30	Lunch Break

13:30 - 15:00	Mechanisms for challenged networks
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stalk Me if You Can - The Anatomy of Sybil Attacks in Opportunistic
Networks
Sacha Trifunovic and Andreea Hossmann-Picu

Dynamic framework for building highly-localized Mobile Web DTN
applications
Kartik Sankaran, Akkihebbal L. Ananda, Mun Choon Chan and Li-Shiuan Peh

Bundle Protocol Header Compression
Martin Wegner, Wolf-Bastian Pottner and Lars Wolf

WD2: An Improved WiFi-Direct Group Formation Protocol
Hongxu Zhang, Yufeng Wang and Chiu Tan

15:00 - 15:30	Coffee Break

15:30 - 16:10	Demonstrations
------------------------------------------------------------------------
RasPiNET: Decentralised Communication and Sensing Platform with
Satellite Connectivity
Eiko Yoneki

Opportunistic communications to alleviate cellular infrastructures
Farid Benbadis, Filippo Rebecchi, Florian Cosnier, Matteo Sammarco,
Marcelo Dias de Amorim and Vania Conan

Wireless IP mesh on Android for firemen monitoring
Ana Aguiar, Eduardo Soares, Pedro Brandao, Tiago Magalhaes, Jose Maria
Fernandes and Ilidio Oliveira

Application-Transparent Deployment of DTN via SmartNet
Lance Alt, Geoffrey Xie and Justin Rohrer

Demo: Enhancing Opportunistic Networks with Legacy Nodes
Teemu Karkkainen, Marcin Nagy and Jorg Ott

Mobile Opportunistic System for Experience Sharing (MOSES) in Indoor
Exhibitions
Fehmi Ben Abdesslem and Anders Lindgren

16:10 - 17:50	Concise contributions
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congestion Control in Disruption-Tolerant Networks: a Comparative Study
for Interplanetary Networking Applications

Aloizio Silva, Scott Burleigh, Celso Hirata and Katia Obraczka
Hot Spot Selection in Rural Access Nanosatellite Networks
Marco Cello, Mario Marchese and Fabio Patrone

Revisiting Pitfalls of DTN Datasets Statistical Analysis
Gwilherm Baudic, Tanguy Perennou and Emmanuel Lochin

On Efficient Data Collection with Delay Minimization in Deep Sea
Jie Wu and Huanyang Zheng

Shared Content Editing in Opportunistic Networks
Teemu Karkkainen and Jorg Ott

17:50 - 18:00 	Closing remarks
========================================================================