Subject: Re: [manet] Call to adopt draft-yi-manet-olsrv2-multipath as a working group document

From: Sylvain David <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 14:34:50 +0200

I'm in favor of WG adoption.

---

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 14:38:31 +0200

> I'm in favor of WG adoption.

I am also in favor adopting it as an experimental draft. I think
multipath-routing in radio networks is still a quite complicated topic
and it will need quite a bit experimentation to find a "one size fits
all" variant of the Dijkstra algorithm that maintains enough separation
between the different paths.

Henning Rogge

-- 
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE
Kommunikationssysteme (KOM)
Fraunhofer Straße 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Telefon +49 228 9435-961,   Fax +49 228 9435 685
mailto:[email-masked] http://www.fkie.fraunhofer.de

---

From: "Geoff Ladwig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 21:21:59 -0400

I am also in favor of adopting this as an experimental draft.

Geoff Ladwig
Verdant Networks

-----Original Message-----
From: manet [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Henning Rogge
Sent: Friday, August 8, 2014 8:39 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [manet] Call to adopt draft-yi-manet-olsrv2-multipath as a
working group document

I am also in favor adopting it as an experimental draft. I think
multipath-routing in radio networks is still a quite complicated topic and
it will need quite a bit experimentation to find a "one size fits all"
variant of the Dijkstra algorithm that maintains enough separation between
the different paths.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für Kommunikation,
Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE Kommunikationssysteme (KOM)
Fraunhofer Straße 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Telefon +49 228 9435-961,   Fax +49 228 9435 685
mailto:[email-masked] http://www.fkie.fraunhofer.de

---

From: "Stan Ratliff (sratliff)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 02:03:55 +0000

Working Group Participants, 

It appears that we have sufficient interest (and no objections) to accepting this draft as a working group document.

Document accepted. 

Authors, if you would, please re-post as draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-multipath.

Regards,
Stan

---

From: Jiazi YI <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 23:51:25 +0200

Dear all,

Thanks again for your support on the document.

We have summarised the open issues of the document based on the comments
and feedback that we received so far, and plan to submit a new revision
addressing those issues, preferably in the end of August.
Our plan is to resolve all the questions raised before November, and
discuss the document at IETF 91 in Hawaii. We would like to aim for WGLC
after the Hawaii meeting.

regards

Jiazi

Questions/comments currently on the table:

 - Security consideration, which is now missing. It would be based on the
RFC 7182 and olsrv2-sec-threats draft, plus the security issues of source
routing.

 - Illustrate the potential issues of multi-path routing, such as possible
packet re-ordering, etc. As an experimental draft, it's important to
describe all facets of the extension.

 - The relationship with OLSRv2. After the exchange with some participants,
I'm more convinced that the multipath extension can exist as a "plug-in"
for OLSRv2: it can be applied to certain applications that are suitable for
multipath routing (such as multi-media services), while retaining OLSRv2
routing for services for which OLSRv2 is advantageous.

 - More details in the Configuration parameters section. As some of the
configurations are in the scope of "experiments to conducted", it would be
helpful to elaborate the considerations of the authors based on the
experiences obtained, and the possible directions to explore.

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 4:03 AM, Stan Ratliff (sratliff) <[email-masked]
> wrote:

> It appears that we have sufficient interest (and no objections) to
> accepting this draft as a working group document.
>
> Document accepted.
>
> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>