Subject: [manet] #54 (olsrv2-multitopology): Associative Mapping

From: "manet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 03:18:39 -0000

#54: Associative Mapping

 The terminology is not clear for the term "map" which is replacing many
 elements in the router's information bases. Is the term map: a function or
 an information element or an associated data structure? From the
 definition in the terminology section the draft seems to define as a
 function that returns values.

 The map[A->B] which  A domain and B codomain are not described well, as
 that each type in A has only one value in B or not, or that each A must
 have a value in B, etc.

 The above suggests to describe the term and domains.

 ==OLD Edit==

 A Routing Set is calculated for each link metric type in
    ROUTER_METRIC_TYPES.  The calculation may be as for [RFC7181], except
    that where an element is now represented by a map, the value from the
    map for the selected link metric type is used.  Where this is a link
    metric of value UNKNOWN_METRIC, that protocol Tuple is ignored for
    the calculation.

 ==New Edit==

 A Routing Set is calculated for each link metric type in
    ROUTER_METRIC_TYPES independently.  The calculation may be as for
 [RFC7181], except
    that where an element is replaced by a map, the metric value from the
    map for the selected link metric type is used.  Where this is a link
    metric of value UNKNOWN_METRIC, then the protocol Tuple is ignored for
    the calculation.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-manet-
  [email-masked]         |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  olsrv2-multitopology     |    Version:
 Severity:  Waiting for Shepherd     |   Keywords:
  Writeup                            |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/trac/ticket/54>
manet <http://tools.ietf.org/manet/>

---

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 09:16:47 +0200

>  The above suggests to describe the term and domains.

Not sure how much experience do you have with programming, but in
computer programs a map is normally an associative memory storage that
maps keys to values... google for "hashmap" or "treemap" to find
examples for Java.

Henning Rogge