Subject: [manet] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot-02.txt

From: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 10:30:27 -0700

Hi,

we have submitted a new revision of the draft in the subject. As part
of our own review, we verified IDnits, which was gently reminding us
to include an IANA section (although to be removed later by the RFC
editor) and a security considerations section into the draft (as
required for every RFC). Therefore, we added some text; please have a
look. Do remember, though, that this document is not a prescriptive
document for how to do management, nor
even a recommendation, so it is not the place of this document to
suggest how to secure a management framework for OLSRv2.

Best regards
Ulrich

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot-02.txt
To: Thomas Clausen <[email-masked]>, "Thomas H. Clausen"
<[email-masked]>, Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Ulrich Herberg and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot
Revision:       02
Title:          Snapshot of OLSRv2-Routed MANET Management
Document date:  2014-08-07
Group:          manet
Pages:          13
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot-02.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot-02
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot-02

Abstract:
   This document describes how Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs) are
   typically managed, in terms of pre-deployment management, as well as
   rationale and means of monitoring and management of MANET routers
   running the Optimized Link State Routing protocol version 2 (OLSRv2)
   and its constituent MANET NehgiborHood Discovery Protocol (NHDP).
   Apart from pre-deployment management for setting up IP addresses and
   security related credentials, OLSRv2 only needs routers to agree one
   single parameter (called "C").  Other parameters for tweaking network
   performance may be determined during operation of the network, and
   need not be the same in all routers.  This, using MIB modules and
   related management protocols such as SNMP (or possibly other, less
   "chatty", protocols).  In addition, for debugging purposes,
   monitoring data and performance related counters, as well as
   notifications ("traps") can be sent to the Network Management System
   (NMS) via standardized management protocols.  This document

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat