Subject: [manet] #57 (aodvv2): Need to further restrict "LoopFree" condition

From: "manet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 21:18:10 -0000

#57: Need to further restrict "LoopFree" condition

 Kedar Namjoshi (Bell Labs) and Richard Trefler (University of Waterloo)
 have demonstrated a counterexample to the "!LoopFree" condition in the
 AODVv2 document.  As a result, it is necessary to further restrict the
 condition as follows:
         !LoopFree (R1, R2) is true if
                 Cost(R1) <= Cost(R2)
 or, in context
                 Cost(!RteMsg) <= Cost(Route)

 With this formulation, loop freedom can be guaranteed.  A proof has been
 submitted.

-- 
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                 |     Status:  new
 Priority:  blocker                |  Milestone:
Component:  aodvv2                 |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document     |   Keywords:  loop freedom
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/trac/ticket/57>
manet <http://tools.ietf.org/manet/>

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 14:24:15 -0700

Hello folks,

Please excuse the extraneous '!' symbols in the text below.  It's an 
artifact of what's
required to make Trak happy, and it seems to me that the software should 
remove
them before sending to the mailing list.

Regards,
Charlie P.

-- 
Regards,
Charlie P.