Subject: [manet] Last Call: <draft-ietf-manet-ibs-03.txt> (Identity-Based Signatures for MANET Routing Protocols) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 08:03:29 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks WG
(manet) to consider the following document:
- 'Identity-Based Signatures for MANET Routing Protocols'
  <draft-ietf-manet-ibs-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-10-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates RFC7182, which specifies a framework for, and
   specific examples of, integrity check values (ICVs) for packets and
   messages using the generalized packet/message format specified in
   RFC5444.  It does so by defining an additional cryptographic function
   that allows the creation of an ICV that is an identity-based
   signature, defined according to the ECCSI (Elliptic Curve-Based
   Certificateless Signatures for Identity-Based Encryption) algorithm
   specified in RFC6507.

This document contains a downward normative reference (a downref [RFC3967 and RFC4897]) to the informational RFC 6507.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-ibs/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-ibs/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.