Subject: [manet] #60 (aodvv2): Should OrigNode be included in the message header? (Submitted for Justin Dean)

From: "manet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 03:27:35 -0000

#60: Should OrigNode be included in the message header? (Submitted for Justin
Dean)

 In the "!RteMsg Structure" section the list says that the !OrigNode should
 be included in the message header, the packet diagram doesn't include this
 information as it doesn't expand the message header.  This would be fine
 but then the !OrigNode is then included again the address block which is
 confusing.  Later it's described that !OrigNode should indeed be included
 in the address block but it happens after the diagram.  Also, is there a
 reason the !OrigNode is included twice?

-- 
-----------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  Charles Perkins
     Type:  defect                 |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                  |  Milestone:
Component:  aodvv2                 |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document     |   Keywords:  OrigNode data field
-----------------------------------+---------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/trac/ticket/60>
manet <http://tools.ietf.org/manet/>

---

From: "manet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 16:41:38 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 That mistake has been there a very long time (since the time when
 it was not a mistake, in fact).  That's the only instance of the term
 <msg-orig-addr> in the draft, and once the requirement was placed
 to include OrigNode (now, OrigAddr) in the !AddrBlk, it no longer
 needed to be put in as the <msg-orig-addr>.

 With this resolution, the issue can reasonably be closed.

-- 
-----------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  Charles Perkins
     Type:  defect                 |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                  |   Milestone:
Component:  aodvv2                 |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document     |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:  OrigNode data field    |
-----------------------------------+------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/trac/ticket/60#comment:1>
manet <http://tools.ietf.org/manet/>