Subject: [manet] #62 (aodvv2): Inconsistency surrounding the "timed" state (Submitted for Justin Dean)

From: "manet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 03:31:15 -0000

#62: Inconsistency surrounding the "timed" state (Submitted for Justin Dean)

 The addition of the "timed" state requires updating in a few other places
 in the document when route state is referenced.  The "Route Table Entry
 Timeouts" section for example may need to be updated.

-- 
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  Charles Perkins
     Type:  enhancement            |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                  |  Milestone:
Component:  aodvv2                 |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document     |   Keywords:  timed route
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/trac/ticket/62>
manet <http://tools.ietf.org/manet/>

---

From: "manet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 03:22:24 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 On 12/16/2014 12:47 PM, Charlie Perkins wrote:

 > If a route is explicitly Timed, there should be a separate flag for the
 route.  The route would stay in the Active state until the configured
 Expiration time, and then it would be marked as Expired without ever going
 into the Idle state.

 >
 > Without this modification, routes could be in the Active state as well
 as the Timed state simultaneously, which is hard to explain and somewhat
 contradictory to the way "route state" is used in the document.

 This modification has been included in the latest revision of the draft,
 and it resolves the issue.  With this change, it seems reasonable to mark
 the issue as closed.

-- 
-----------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  Charles Perkins
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor                  |   Milestone:
Component:  aodvv2                 |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document     |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:  timed route            |
-----------------------------------+------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/trac/ticket/62#comment:1>
manet <http://tools.ietf.org/manet/>