Subject: Re: [manet] #27 (aodvv2): Processing AckReq

From: "manet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 15:19:36 -0000

#27: Processing AckReq

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Recent drafts have included the requested clarification.

 >    To avoid repeated failure of Route Discovery, an AODVv2 router
 >    (!HandlingRtr) handling a RREP message MUST attempt to verify
 >    connectivity towards RREQ_Gen.  This MAY be done by including the
 >    Acknowledgement Request (!AckReq) data element in the RREP.  In reply
 >    to an !AckReq, an RREP_ACK message message MUST be sent.

 With this clarification, the issue may reasonably be considered to be
 resolved.

-- 
-----------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                 |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                  |   Milestone:
Component:  aodvv2                 |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document     |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/trac/ticket/27#comment:2>
manet <http://tools.ietf.org/manet/>