Subject: [manet] #61 (aodvv2): Difference between "broken" and "expired" (Submitted for Justin Dean)

From: "manet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 03:29:12 -0000

#61: Difference between "broken" and "expired" (Submitted for Justin Dean)

 It's not clear to me the difference between the states "broken" and
 "expired" (other than how they reached that state)  They are both invalid
 states and regardless of how the state was obtained the routes shouldn't
 be used.  The only difference I could find is that "expired" routes MAY be
 expunged while there is no such text regarding "broken" routes.  Broken is
 also used in reference to broken link and later !BrokenRoute without the
 terms being defined in the document definitions.  It may make sense to
 unify these states regardless of how they are obtained into a single term
 and reduce the number of states a route can have (unless there is
 something operationally different that should be done that I'm missing)

-- 
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  Charles Perkins
     Type:  defect                 |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                  |  Milestone:
Component:  aodvv2                 |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document     |   Keywords:  broken, expired
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/trac/ticket/61>
manet <http://tools.ietf.org/manet/>