Subject: [manet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-dlep-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 08:47:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP)
        Authors         : Stan Ratliff
                          Bo Berry
                          Darryl Satterwhite
                          Rick Taylor
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-dlep-08.txt
	Pages           : 63
	Date            : 2015-02-27

Abstract:
   When routing devices rely on modems to effect communications over
   wireless links, they need timely and accurate knowledge of the
   characteristics of the link (speed, state, etc.) in order to make
   forwarding decisions.  In mobile or other environments where these
   characteristics change frequently, manual configurations or the
   inference of state through routing or transport protocols does not
   allow the router to make the best decisions.  A bidirectional, event-
   driven communication channel between the router and the modem is
   necessary.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-dlep/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-manet-dlep-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 10:39:00 +0100

>         Title           : Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP)
...
>         Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-dlep-08.txt

Great to see revision 08 of DLEP... I am looking forward to adapt the
Olsr.org implementation to it.

Henning Rogge

---

From: Stan Ratliff <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 15:32:49 -0500

Henning,

Good to hear. Have you had a chance to review? Any comments are
appreciated.

Regards,
Stan

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 4:39 AM, Henning Rogge <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>

---

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 21:37:13 +0100

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 9:32 PM, Stan Ratliff <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Henning,
>
> Good to hear. Have you had a chance to review? Any comments are appreciated.

I will read it completely next week... any major changes I should focus on?

Henning

---

From: Stan Ratliff <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 20:28:41 -0500

Henning,

The major changes are
1. Introduction of the extensions registry, and the "Extensions Supported"
TLV in the peer exchange (just a formalization of how we would support
extensions to the protocol in the future).
2. The "Experimental Definition" TLV, which was my understanding of our
on-list discussion about the Experimental TLV (both signal and data item
space), and how they would be defined and used.

Past that, the other changes were editorial in nature - but were a HUGE
lift and pain in the back-side for Rick (thanks to Rick for all the
cross-referencing work).

Regards,
Stan