Subject: Re: [manet] #32 (aodvv2): Multicast transmission

From: "manet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 23:03:49 -0000

#32: Multicast transmission

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 After reviewing the comments above, it seems that the following language
 will resolve the issue:

   "Implementations are free to choose their own heuristics for
   reducing multicast overhead. Some methods for doing so are
   described in [RFC6621]."

 Inconsistent implementation across a network does not failure, but instead
 just reduces the effectiveness of the overhead reduction.

 With this modification, the issue should be closed.

-- 
-----------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                 |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor                  |   Milestone:
Component:  aodvv2                 |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document     |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/trac/ticket/32#comment:3>
manet <http://tools.ietf.org/manet/>