Subject: Re: [manet] #31 (aodvv2): Suitability for implementation on commodity OS

From: "manet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 20:46:10 -0000

#31: Suitability for implementation on commodity OS

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 The following appendix has been added:

 -----------------------------------------------------

 Appendix G.  Features of IP needed by AODVv2

    AODVv2 needs the following:

    o  information that IP routes are requested
    o  information that packets are flowing
    o  the ability to queue packets.

    Tautologically, a reactive protocol reacts when a route is needed.
    One might say that a route is requested when an application tries to
    send a packet.  The fundamental concept of reactive routing is to
    avoid creating routes that are not needed, and the way that has been
    used to know whether a route is needed is when an application tries
    to send a packet.

    If an application tries to send a packet, and the route is available,
    the packet has to wait until the route is available.

 --------------------------------------------------

 With this informational text, the issue should be closed.

-- 
-----------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                 |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                  |   Milestone:
Component:  aodvv2                 |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document     |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/trac/ticket/31#comment:2>
manet <http://tools.ietf.org/manet/>