Subject: Re: [manet] #46 (aodvv2): What is needed from IP and ICMP (submitted for Chris Dearlove)

From: "manet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 23:15:39 -0000

#46: What is needed from IP and ICMP (submitted for Chris Dearlove)

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 The following text is proposed to resolve this issue:

 ---------------------------------

 Appendix G.  Features of IP needed by AODVv2

 AODVv2 needs the following:

    o  information that IP routes are requested

    o  information that packets are flowing

    o  the ability to queue packets.

 A reactive protocol reacts when a route is needed.  One might say that a
 route is requested when an application tries to send a packet.  The
 fundamental concept of reactive routing is to avoid creating routes that
 are not needed, and the way that has been used to know whether a route is
 needed is when an application tries to send a packet.

 If an application tries to send a packet, and the route is not available,
 the packet has to wait until the route is available.

 ----

 If this text is sufficient to explain what is needed from IP and ICMP and
 from commodity OSs, then the issue should be closed.

-- 
-----------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                 |      Status:  assigned
 Priority:  minor                  |   Milestone:
Component:  aodvv2                 |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document     |  Resolution:
 Keywords:  IP/ICMP interaction    |
-----------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/trac/ticket/46#comment:4>
manet <http://tools.ietf.org/manet/>