Subject: Re: [manet] #10 (dymo): Reporting multiple broken routes whose metric types are different

From: "manet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 22:41:50 -0000

#10: Reporting multiple broken routes whose metric types are different

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 It is not at all clear that this is a problem that would occur in real
 networks.  Metrics for anything other than hop-count would essentially
 trigger unicast RERR messages anyway and there would be little gain from
 the aggregation.  For this reason, the feature should not be required, due
 to the added cost of implementation.  The specification should explain
 this, and then the issue can be closed.

-- 
-------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]    |       Owner:  Charlie Perkins
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor                    |   Milestone:
Component:  dymo                     |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:  RERR, alternate metrics  |
-------------------------------------+------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/trac/ticket/10#comment:1>
manet <http://tools.ietf.org/manet/>