Subject: Re: [manet] #42 (aodvv2): What happens if Active routes exceed RERR packet size?

From: "manet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 21:27:35 -0000

#42: What happens if Active routes exceed RERR packet size?

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 The section for RERR now specifies that multiple RERR messages should be
 sent:

 --------------------------------------------------------------

        *  If the RERR was triggered by a broken link, include the
           addresses of all previously Active routes which are now
           Invalid, up to the limit imposed by the MTU (interface
           "Maximum Transfer Unit") of the physical medium.  If there are
           too many such previously Active routes, additional RERR
           messages should be constructed and transmitted to contain the
           remaining addresses.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------

 With this modification, the issue can now be closed.

-- 
-------------------------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect                         |  [email-masked]
 Priority:  minor                          |      Status:  new
Component:  aodvv2                         |   Milestone:
 Severity:  Active WG Document             |     Version:
 Keywords:                                 |  Resolution:
-------------------------------------------+-------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/trac/ticket/42#comment:2>
manet <http://tools.ietf.org/manet/>