Subject: [manet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-dlep-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 07:19:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP)
        Authors         : Stan Ratliff
                          Bo Berry
                          Cisco Systems
                          Darryl Satterwhite
                          Rick Taylor
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-dlep-16.txt
	Pages           : 66
	Date            : 2015-07-21

Abstract:
   When routing devices rely on modems to effect communications over
   wireless links, they need timely and accurate knowledge of the
   characteristics of the link (speed, state, etc.) in order to make
   routing decisions.  In mobile or other environments where these
   characteristics change frequently, manual configurations or the
   inference of state through routing or transport protocols does not
   allow the router to make the best decisions.  A bidirectional, event-
   driven communication channel between the router and the modem is
   necessary.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-dlep/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-manet-dlep-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 17:10:48 +0200

Authors,
    What are your plans to respond to the issues raised in the (my)
RtgDir review?

Typically each raised issue is discussed on the list, with a proposed
resolution from authors, discussion with the WG, and a clear resolution
being agreed upon in order to close the issue.  I think we've only
discussed a few of the raised issues.

Thanks,
Lou

On 7/21/2015 4:19 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>

---

From: Stan Ratliff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 17:55:50 +0200

Lou,

Our intent is to respond to your email on-list, with a point-by-point response of what's been done to date to address the issues you've raised. Apologies for not getting that done sooner, it's just been a hectic couple of weeks. Will get that out sometime tonight or tomorrow morning.

Regards,
Stan

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 21, 2015, at 5:10 PM, Lou Berger <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Authors,

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 18:03:19 +0200

Sounds great, thank you.

Lou

On July 21, 2015 5:56:18 PM Stan Ratliff <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Lou,
>
> Our intent is to respond to your email on-list, with a point-by-point 
> response of what's been done to date to address the issues you've raised. 
> Apologies for not getting that done sooner, it's just been a hectic couple 
> of weeks. Will get that out sometime tonight or tomorrow morning.
>
> Regards,
> Stan
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>