Subject: [manet] DLEP-16: IANA Considerations - Well Known Ports

From: RJ Atkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 16:19:27 -0400

This issue was reported earlier, but seems to have been
overlooked in the edit leading to DLEP version 16.

The requested action has been modified by a list comment
from Henning earlier on.

ISSUE:
	DLEP-15, Section 12.7, requests that IANA allocate a
	well-known port for DLEP use.

	The current request is not a sufficiently clear/precise.
	DLEP needs to have a UDP port allocated, but the text
        isn’t clear about TCP or SCTP.  In the event, DLEP 
        does not use SCTP and so does not require an SCTP port.

Requested Action:

	The text in Section 12.7 should be edited for clarity.

	Candidate New Text:

	“It is requested that IANA allocate DLEP a well-known
	 UDP port.  A well-known TCP is not needed since the
         DLEP protocol permits the TCP port numbers to be
         advertised via DLEP over UDP messages. Since DLEP does
	 not use SCTP, an SCTP port need not be allocated.”