Subject: [manet] DeMaDIE workshop PAAMS'16: Call for Papers

From: DeMaDIE Workshop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 00:06:43 +0000

Please consider to contribute to and/or forward to the appropriate groups
the following opportunity to submit and publish original scientific results
to the:

*Decision Making in Dynamic Information Environments (DeMADIE) Workshop*
http://www.paams.net/workshops/demadie

at the

*14th International Conference on Practical Applications of Agents and
Multiagent Systems (PAAMS'16)*
University of Sevilla (Spain)
1st-3rd June, 2016
www.paams.net

*Scope*
In multi-agent systems, an agent which is dependent on the arrival of
information from other agents may have to suspend processes if
communication fails or if the information is simply not available. In most
cases, communication is not guaranteed, and even if it were, there may be
other factors affecting information transfer (such as the impossibility of
or delays in acquiring the information at the source). Furthermore, if
there is no knowledge about the state of the world, getting the appropriate
response to an event becomes impossible. Moreover, in situations which
demand a negotiated outcome, negotiation is impaired by missing information
or uncertainty. Thus, reaching an outcome in such situations requires the
development of decision frameworks that account for missing, contradictory
or uncertain information.

*Topics*
The topics for this workshop include, but are not limited to:

   - Distributed decision making frameworks
   - Coordination mechanisms for rational agents
   - Problem solving with incomplete information
   - Default reasoning
   - Belief revision in multi-agent systems
   - Argumentation
   - Semantic models and ontologies for dynamic environments
   - Models of trust and reputation for agent populations
   - Decision theory in multi-agent systems
   - Speculation and generation of scenarios
   - Communication efficiency in multi-agent systems
   - Utility measures in problem solving
   - Optimization of information exchange
   - Reasoning under uncertainty
   - Fault tolerant architectures
   - Applications (reasoning techniques in dynamic environments such as a
   medical setting, dispute resolution, task scheduling, etc)

*Submission Details*

*Submitting paper*s
Papers must be formatted according to the Springer LNCS Template, with a
maximum length of 12 pages, including figures and references. All proposed
papers must be submitted in electronic form (PDF format) using the Paper
Submission Page. The submission instructions are the same as the general
instructions for PAAMS'16. Templates and more details may be found at
http://www.paams.net/submission
.

*Publication*
Accepted papers will be included in the workshop proceedings after a
careful review process. At least one of the authors will be required to
register and attend the symposium to present the paper in order to include
the paper in the workshop proceedings. All accepted papers will be
published in the CCIS series of Springer Verlag.

*Important Dates*
Submission date:  18th January, 2016
Notification date:  22nd February, 2016
Camera-ready deadline: 07th March, 2016
Conference dates:  1st-3rd June, 2016

*Organizing Committee*
Tiago Oliveira, University of Minho, Portugal
Jose Carlos Montoya, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
Paulo Novais, University of Minho, Portugal
Ken Satoh, National Institute of Informatics, Japan

For any questions please contact us at [email-masked] or Tiago
Oliveira directly at [email-masked] .

Best regards,

*The Organizing Committee*
Tiago Oliveira
Jose Carlos Montoya
Paulo Novais
Ken Satoh