Subject: [manet] One Week to Paper Registration: IoP-W 2016 The first IFIP Internet of People Workshop (co-located with Networking 2016)

From: Mattia Campana <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 17:48:01 +0100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            IFIP IoP-W 2016 - First IFIP Internet of People Workshop
                      co-located with IFIP Networking 2016
                          20 May 2016, Vienna, Austria

                         http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/iopw2016/

                  ONE WEEK TO THE PAPER REGISTRATION DEADLINE

       ********  Abstract Submission Deadline: 23 February 2016  ********
       ********      Paper Submission Deadline: 1 March 2016     ********

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

           ******         Paper publication in both           ******
           ******        IFIP DL http://dl.ifip.org/          ******
           ******   IEEE Xplore http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/   ******

SCOPE AND OVERVIEW
----------------------------------------

The massive penetration of Internet connectivity and devices with networking and
computing capabilities (such as "things" and personal users' devices) is pushing
a tighter and tighter convergence between the cyber world - of Internet
protocols, services and Apps - and the physical world, with continuous
interactions and mutual impact between these two worlds. According to an
"anti-Copernican" view, humans are put back at the centre of the "Internet
universe", whenever they are in the loop of cyber-world services. Applications,
middlewares, but even Internet services and network protocols are more and more
designed incorporating Human Individual and Social Behavioural (HISB) models.
This is particularly the case when users' personal devices are themselves the
network, or provide services to each other such as in mobile self-organising
networks, because devices become the "proxies" of their users in the cyber
world. Interestingly, similar approaches are also explored in Internet
technologies in developing scenarios, where users' participation is often
exploited as another resource for networking services. This vision, that we call
"the Internet of People" (IoP) generalises emerging concepts and technologies
such as IoT, which put the emphasis on the communication between "machines", and
adapt to the users' behaviour only as an afterthought. Designing IoP protocols,
services and applications thus requires a profound inter-disciplinary approach,
where "non-ICT disciplines" such as social sciences, cognitive sciences,
economics, complex network sciences, impact the way Internet algorithms are
conceived and defined. Note that other types of inter-disciplinary design
patterns i.e., bio-inspired approaches where non-human natural behaviours are
used as inspiration for network protocols and services, are out of scope.

This workshop aims to stimulate research following this view, and aggregate an
inter-disciplinary community of researchers around the concept of the Internet
of People. Specifically, we seek papers presenting IoP approaches, addressing
any layer of the canonical Internet stack or cross-layer combinations thereof,
where the human behaviour is at the centre of the design. Also, we welcome
submissions that analyse how the human behaviour is affected (and possibly
modified) by the use of Internet systems, and how the latter can be improved or
re-designed accordingly. The workshop will accept papers where quantitative
evidence is available or quantitative approaches are applied. Therefore, purely
methodological papers or qualitative analyses will be considered out of scope.
Papers proposing novel, thought provoking ideas, possibly presenting preliminary
results and analyses are also welcome. However, we do not call for position
papers.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following
- Networking IoP protocols based on HISB models
- Information-centric IoP protocols based on HISB models
- IoP services, service-composition and middleware solutions based on HISB models
- Online Social Network services based on HISB models
- Analysis and modelling of human behaviours in massively diffused Internet
  services, such as Online Social Networks
- Complex network approaches to IoP
- IoP protocols and services in developing regions
- Privacy, security and trust mechanisms for IoP based on HISB models
- QoE aspects in IoP
- Human-centric, inter-disciplinary IoP solutions for IoT scenarios
- Crowdsourcing, crowdsensing, pervasive sensing in IoP 
- Test and experimental results with IoP solutions
- Architecture, design and implementation of IoP protocols
- Modelling, analysis and characterisation of IoP solutions

For any additional information please visit the workshop website at
http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/iopw2016/, or contact the workshop chairs at
iopw2016 <at> iit <dot> cnr <dot> it

BEST PAPER AWARD
----------------

IoP-W 2016 will grant a Best Paper Award sponsored by IFIP TC6. 

PAPER FORMAT AND SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
----------------------------------------

Papers should neither have been published elsewhere nor being currently under
review by another conference or journal. Submitted papers must be no more than 6
pages (IEEE two-column format, 10pt). Papers will be reviewed single blind.

Please follow the submission link at:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ifipiopw2016

Detailed submission information is available at
http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/iopw2016/submission.html

IoP-W papers will be available in the IFIP Digital Library
(http://dl.ifip.org/). IoP-W adopts the IFIP TC Open Access policy.
The IFIP DL is Open Access. IFIP holds papers copyright, and releases it
freely to authors for any use. Thanks to this model, papers will also be
available in and indexed by IEEE Xplore, while copyright will still remain
available to authors.

At least one author of each accepted paper is required to register and present
his/her work at the workshop.

EDITORIAL FOLLOW-UPS
----------------------------------------

Extended versions of the selected workshop papers will be considered for
possible fast track publication on the Computer Communications Journal
(Elsevier), in a special section on Internet of People.

IMPORTANT DATES
----------------------------------------

Abstract Registration:	23 February 2016
Submission Deadline:	1 March 2016
Authors Notification:	8 April 2016
Camera Ready Due:	22 April 2016
Workshop:		20 May 2016

WORKSHOP CO-CHAIRS
----------------------------------------

Isabelle Chrisment, TELECOM Nancy, Universite de Lorraine, France
Andrea Passarella, IIT-CNR, Italy
Ana Pont-Sanjuan, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain

PUBLICITY CO-CHAIRS
----------------------------------------

Mattia Campana, IIT-CNR, Italy
Yang Chen, Fudan University, China

PROGRAM COMMITTEE 
----------------------------------------
Jussara M. Almeida, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brazil
Valerio Arnaboldi, IIT-CNR, Italy
Guido Caldarelli, IMT of Lucca, Italy
Yang Chen, Fudan University, China
Marco Conti, IIT-CNR, Italy
Sajal K. Das, University of Missouri, USA
Jordi Domingo-Pascual, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Spain
Falko Dressler, University of Paderborn, Germany
Xiaoming Fu, University of Goettingen, Germany
Sabrina Gaito, University of Milan, Italy
Ahmed Helmy, University of Florida, USA
Pan Hui, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
Tobias Hossfeld, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
Adriana Iamnitchi, University of South Florida, USA
Teemu Karkkainen, TUM, Germany
Claudia-Lavinia Ignat, Inria, France
Winfried Lamersdorf, University of Hamburg, Germany
Yong Li, Tsinghua University, China
William Liu, Auckland University of Technology (AUT), New Zealand
Renato Lo Cigno, University of Trento, Italy
Paul Lukowicz, DFKI, Germany
Marco Mamei, University of Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy
Matteo Mordacchini, IIT-CNR, Italy
Melek Onen, EURECOM, France
Joerg Ott, TUM, Germany
Dino Pedreschi, University of Pisa, Italy
Dario Pompili, Rutgers University, USA
Peter Reichl, University of Vienna, Austria
George Roussos, University of London, UK
Alessandra Sala, Bell Labs, Ireland
Nishanth Sastry, Kings College London, UK
Arjuna Sathiaseelan, University of Cambridge, UK
Siraj Shaikh, University of Coventry, UK
Valerie Shalin, Wright State University, USA
Burkhard Stiller, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Thorsten Strufe, University of Dresden, Germany
Martin Varela, VTT, Finland
Roger Whitaker, Cardiff University, UK