Subject: [manet] credit-wIndow-01 comments

From: "Wiggins, David - 0665 - MITLL" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 14:10:20 +0000

Here are a few commemts on  draft-ietf-manet-credit-window-01.  Sorry I
didn't get this out earlier.

The draft talks about Destination Up and Response, but not Destination
Announce and Response.  A strict reading would only allow modems to
request credit windowing on their destinations, since only they can send
Destination Up (as of DLEP-18).  I *think* the intention was to allow
either side to request credit windowing.  If so, then Destination Announce
and Response need to be added.  In most cases it is probably sufficient to
change "Destination Up" to "Destination Up or Destination Announce" and
likewise for Response.

The code points for the new data items and the extension code are still
listed as TBD.  Do specific values need to be chosen, as was done in the
DLEP draft?  DLEP-19 says that the Credit Windowing extension has code =
1, so at least that should be consistent.  Ideally it would not be
specified in two places.

In section 7.2, "the implementation detecting the mismatch MUST terminate
the session by issuing a Peer Termination message with a status code of
'XXXX'"
What is XXXX?

In section 9, "In these environments, implementations MUST employ [TLS]"
TLS was dropped from DLEP, so this should be replaced with a different
mitigation strategy.

Thanks,

David

---

From: "Ratliff, Stanley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 15:16:46 +0000

David, 

Thanks for the input. I'll try to get to this, and the references you mentioned, tonight. 

Regards,
Stan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Wiggins, David - 0665 - MITLL [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, February 29, 2016 9:10 AM
> To: [email-masked]; Ratliff, Stanley <[email-masked]>
> Subject: credit-wIndow-01 comments
> 

_____________________________________________________
This electronic message and any files transmitted with it contains
information from iDirect, which may be privileged, proprietary
and/or confidential. It is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the original
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the
intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email
in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email
in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender.
_____________________________________________________