Subject: [manet] Last Call: <draft-ietf-manet-rfc6779bis-05.txt> (Definition of Managed Objects for the Neighborhood Discovery Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 10:08:12 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks WG
(manet) to consider the following document:
- 'Definition of Managed Objects for the Neighborhood Discovery Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-manet-rfc6779bis-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-05-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document revises, extends, and replaces RFC 6779.  It defines a
   portion of the Management Information Base (MIB) for use with network
   management protocols in the Internet community.  In particular, it
   describes objects for configuring parameters of the Neighborhood
   Discovery Protocol (NHDP) process on a router.  The MIB module
   defined in this document, denoted NHDP-MIB, also reports state,
   performance information, and notifications about NHDP.  This
   additional state and performance information is useful to
   troubleshoot problems and performance issues during neighbor
   discovery.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-rfc6779bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-rfc6779bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.