Subject: [manet] RFC 7939 on Definition of Managed Objects for the Neighborhood Discovery Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 18:37:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7939

        Title:      Definition of Managed Objects for 
                    the Neighborhood Discovery Protocol 
        Author:     U. Herberg, R. Cole,
                    I. Chakeres, T. Clausen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      72
        Characters: 140619
        Obsoletes:  RFC 6779

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-manet-rfc6779bis-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7939

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7939

This document replaces RFC 6779; it contains revisions and extensions
to the original document.  It defines a portion of the Management
Information Base (MIB) for use with network management protocols in
the Internet community.  In particular, it describes objects for
configuring parameters of the Neighborhood Discovery Protocol (NHDP)
process on a router.  The extensions described in this document add
objects and values to support the NHDP optimization specified in RFC
7466.  The MIB module defined in this document, denoted NHDP-MIB,
also reports state, performance information, and notifications about
NHDP.  This additional state and performance information is useful to
troubleshoot problems and performance issues during neighbor
discovery.

This document is a product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC