Subject: [manet] [Deadline extension] SIMPLEX'16

From: "CHATZOPOULOS Dimitrios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 21:06:04 +0800

* Apologies for Cross-Posting
* The (firm) submission deadline of SIMPLEX'16 has been extended to August
9, 2016, 23:59 (Anywhere on Earth)

The 8th Annual Workshop on Simplifying Complex Networks for Practitioners
(SIMPLEX'16)
November 8, 2016
Singapore
In conjunction with IEEE ICNP 2016
http://simplex16.weebly.com/

Network science, sometimes also called "complex networks science", has
recently attracted much attention from the scientific community, mainly
due to the almost ubiquitous presence of complex networks in real-world
systems. Examples of complex networks are found in living organisms, in
engineering systems, as well as in social networks. Most of the real-world
systems have the required degree of complexity to be called "complex
systems". Complexity may have to do with the intricate dynamics of the
interacting components, with the non-trivial properties of the underlying
network topology, or with the sheer size of the system itself. Despite the
numerous workshops and conferences related to network science, it is still
a set of loosely interacting communities. Those communities would benefit
from better interactions.

Simplex aims at triggering different computer science communities (e.g.
search, web and social media, communication networks, distributed systems)
to propose research areas and topics that should be tackled from the
network science perspective. We also seek contributions from network
science that are relevant to solve practical computer networking and
protocol problems. Two types of contributions are foreseen from
prospective authors. The first type would consist of use-cases of
theoretical tools and methods to solve practical problems. Such
contributions should be as usable as possible by practitioners in the
related field. The second type of contributions would come from
practitioners who have identified a problem that may be solved by tools
from network sciences. The point of such contributions is to make the
network sciences community aware of the importance of a high-impact
problem, and to suggest means by which the problem in networked systems
may be solved by the network sciences community. Both contributions should
stimulate interaction between theoreticians and practitioners, and also
have high potential impact in either field. We encourage submissions to be
cross-disciplinary.

Topics for the workshop include, but are not limited to:

- Data mining of large scale networks;
- Application of complex network theory to the design of distributed and
mobile systems;
- Analysis of dynamic and time-varying networks;
- Network robustness to failures and attacks;
- Machine learning and network science;
- Complex network theory applied to forwarding/routing problems;
- Application of social network analysis to communication and computing
system design;
- Mobility and connectivity modeling;
- Multiplier and multiplexing networks analysis;
- Heterogeneous networks analysis and applications;
- Network science and data & information retrieval;
- Complex network theory and security applications;

Authors are encouraged to submit full papers describing original,
previously unpublished research, not currently under review by another
conference or journal, addressing state-of-the-art research and
development in all areas of network science. Papers must be submitted
electronically in EasyChair
(https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=simplex2016). The length of
papers must be no more than 6 pages, including tables and figures. The
cover page must contain an abstract of about 150 words, name and
affiliation of author(s) as well as the corresponding author's e-mail and
postal address. Each submission will receive at least three independent
blind reviews from the TPC. At least one of the authors of every accepted
paper must register and present their work at the workshop. The technical
program committee will select one winner for the *Best Paper Award* and
one winner for the *Best Paper Runner-up*.

== Important Dates ==
Submission deadline: August 9, 2016, 23:59 (Anywhere on Earth) (Firm)
Author notification: August 20, 2016
Camera-ready due: August 30, 2016
Workshop date: November 8, 2016

== Workshop Organizers ==

Advisory Board Members:
Dah Ming Chiu
Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Jon Crowcroft
University of Cambridge, UK

Zhi-Li Zhang
University of Minnesota, USA

General Co-chairs:

Pan Hui
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong

Nishanth Sastry
Kings College London, UK

TPC Co-chairs:

Yang Chen
Fudan University, China

Aziz Mohaisen
State University of New York at Buffalo, USA

Publicity Co-chairs:

Dimitris Chatzopoulos
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong

Yu Xiao
Aalto University, Finland

TPC Members (tentative):

Bogdan Carbunar
Florida International University, USA

Kwang-Il Goh
Korea University, Korea

Roberto Gonzalez
NEC Laboratories Europe, Germany

Bruno Gonçalves
New York University, USA

Hamed Haddadi
Queen Mary, University of London, UK

Ah Reum Kang
State University of New York at Buffalo, USA

Huy Kang Kim
Korea University, Korea

Nektarios Leontiadis
Facebook, USA

Yong Li
Tsinghua University, China

Zhenhua Li
Tsinghua University, China

Aniket Mahanti
University of Auckland, New Zealand

Mirco Musolesi
University College London, UK

Fragkiskos Papadopoulos
Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus

Gareth Tyson
Queen Mary, University of London, UK

Andrew West
Verisign Labs, USA

Eiko Yoneki
University of Cambridge, UK

Web Chair:

Yuan Xuan
Fudan University, China