Subject: [manet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-dlep-25.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 08:31:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks of the IETF.

        Title           : Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP)
        Authors         : Stan Ratliff
                          Shawn Jury
                          Darryl Satterwhite
                          Rick Taylor
                          Bo Berry
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-dlep-25.txt
	Pages           : 74
	Date            : 2016-10-28

Abstract:
   When routing devices rely on modems to effect communications over
   wireless links, they need timely and accurate knowledge of the
   characteristics of the link (speed, state, etc.) in order to make
   routing decisions.  In mobile or other environments where these
   characteristics change frequently, manual configurations or the
   inference of state through routing or transport protocols does not
   allow the router to make the best decisions.  A bidirectional, event-
   driven communication channel between the router and the modem is
   necessary.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-dlep/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-25

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-manet-dlep-25

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Stan Ratliff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 11:44:06 -0400

Hello WG participants,

As you can see, we posted a new version of DLEP. This addresses comments
from the AD review, and clarifies handling of IPv4/IPv6 address and subnet
Data Items (issue brought on-list be David Wiggins).

Regards,
Stan

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 11:31 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 12:17:15 -0400

Can elaborate on the new v6 requirement?  It doesn't impact 
interoperability and may not be the right default for all.

Lou

On October 28, 2016 11:44:40 AM Stan Ratliff <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ----------

---

From: Stan Ratliff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 12:26:14 -0400

Lou,

That was an AD request.

Regards,
Stan