Subject: [Maprg] CFP IEEE/IFIP DISSECT 2019 (co-located with IEEE/IFIP IM 2019)

From: Jérôme François <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 22:52:36 +0100

***** Submission deadline Dec. 15, 2018  *****

    5^TH  IEEE/IFIP Workshop on Security for Emerging Distributed Network
    Technologies (DISSECT)

      /Security for the Next Wave of Cyber and Social Networks/

      Co-located with IEEE/IFIP IM 2019 <http://www.ieee-im.org/>
      Washington D.C., USA

The computer networking landscape is subject to a multitude of changes that occur
very rapidly. First, paradigm shifts such as fog computing, mobile edge computing,
Named Data Networking (NDN) and emerging open networking technologies such as
Software-Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), and
Programmable Networks are reshaping the way networks are designed, deployed, and
managed. The benefits are manifold, including an unprecedented flexibility for
network operation and management, and a favorable environment for delivering
innovative network applications and services. However, those paradigm shifts bring
a multitude of security challenges that have to be addressed in order to provide
secure, trustworthy, and privacy-preserving data communication and network
services. Second, large scale and distributed deployment of mobile communications,
Internet-of-Things (IoT), Intelligent Transport Systems, smart grids or industrial
systems has become real but also emphasizes particular privacy and security issues
to be overcome, especially when interconnected with Internet.

Addressing all these challenges may require not only revisiting existing solutions
(e.g., for intrusion detection, privacy preserving, and resilience against
attacks), but also designing novel security and resilience schemes tailored to the
specific design of open networking technologies and infrastructures. New types of
attacks and threats also appear against usual services over Internet such as DNS
or routing. DISSECT 2019 follows the track of its four previous editions, and will
put focus on security issues and challenges arising with the emergence of novel
networking technologies and paradigms but also on new threats emerging against
former services and technologies, towards a secure cognitive management in a
cyber-world. The workshop will shed light on new challenges and present
state-of-the-art research on the various security aspects of next-generation
networking technologies and service management frameworks.

DISSECT will offer a venue for bringing together students, researchers, and
professionals from academia and industry sharing common interest on security
challenges related to the design and management of the distributed networks and
infrastructures. DISSECT is intended to (1) discussing these challenges as well as
future trends on security management, (2) presenting and discussing
work-in-progress security-related research on cutting-edge technologies, and (3)
strengthening collaboration and research ties among peers.

    Topics of Interest

The research community will be invited to contribute with manuscripts describing
novel, work-in-progress research on the design of solutions to relevant security
issues on a wide variety of next generation networking technologies. The topics of
interest include, but are not limited to, the following

  * Secure and resilient design and deployment of open networking technologies
  * Privacy-preserving solutions
  * Security models and threats
  * Security and privacy properties and policies
  * Verification and enforcement of security properties
  * Trust and identity management
  * NFV-based security functions and services
  * Security of software-defined infrastructures, protocols and interfaces
  * Threat modeling
  * Security measurement and monitoring
  * Industrial Control System security
  * Security and availability management
  * Security for Internet of Things
  * Intrusion detection, resilience, and prevention
  * Honeypots
  * Network forensics and auditing
  * Detection and resilience against large-scale distributed attacks
  * Security of programmable components
  * Security-related business and legal aspects
  * Security challenges and trends for open networking technologies
  * Secure programmable data plane
  * Collaborative intrusion detection
  * Blockchain and distributed consensus

*Important Dates*

*-Dec. 15, 2018 Paper submission Deadline*

-Jan. 5, 2019 Acceptance Notification

-Jan. 25, 2019 Camera-Ready Version Due

-Apr. 8, 2019 Workshop Day

More information can be found here: http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/dissect/2019
<http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/dissect/2019>