Subject: [Maprg] ACM CoNEXT Workshop: EPIQ'21 - Call for Submissions (deadline September 17)

From: Robin MARX <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 14:58:44 +0200

Hello all,

Please consider submitting your work to the Workshop on the *Evolution,
Performance and Interoperability of QUIC (EPIQ)*.

EPIQ aims to provide a discussion venue for both academia and industry on
all things QUIC and related technologies (e.g., HTTP/3).
We especially encourage early work, sharing of negative results and
reproductions/reassessments of existing work.

We also aim to have both a keynote speaker (detailing QUIC deployment
experience) and panel discussion during the workshop.

The deadline is *September 17*, with the workshop taking place online
on *December
6* as part of CoNEXT.
More information can be found below and at https://epiq21.github.io

With best regards,
Robin

#######################################

EPIQ solicits two types of submissions for presentation and discussion at
the workshop: academic papers and posters.
Submissions of both types should focus on topics related to the rise of
QUIC on the mobile and fixed Internet
as well as enterprise and datacenter networks. Only papers focusing on the
IETF standard of QUIC are in scope
(papers covering the outdated “Google QUIC” are not, unless they thoroughly
compare with the IETF version).

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to) in no particular order:

   - Qualitative and/or quantitative comparisons of QUIC to other protocols
   - Tools for QUIC interoperability and performance testing, validation,
   and conformance
   - Formal security analysis or verification of the QUIC protocol and
   extension design, including DATAGRAM and Version Negotiation
   - Measurements of QUIC traffic in the wild and profiling of QUIC
   implementations
   - Acceleration techniques, including hardware offloading or specific OS
   improvements
   - Scalable QUIC implementations and load balancing
   - Advanced QUIC features, including integration of FEC, multicast or
   multipath connectivity
   - Peer-to-peer QUIC and NAT/firewall traversal
   - New abstractions and APIs for QUIC as a general-purpose transport
   protocol
   - Troubleshooting, managing and monitoring of QUIC traffic in the network
   - New applications for QUIC (e.g., real-time interactive)
   - Novel approaches for congestion control and loss recovery enabled by
   QUIC
   - QUIC as a substrate for non-HTTP applications
   - Downscaling QUIC for IoT or embedded use
   - HTTP/3 (e.g., performance, practical use, extensions)
   - QUIC extensions and related technologies, such as WebTransport or
   MASQUE
   - Security and privacy analysis of QUIC features, such as migration,
   Connection ID rotation, and padding, and their relation to other protocols
   such as TLS

Examples can be found on the pages of the previous two EPIQ workshops, as
well as the page of the QUIPS workshop (which will no longer be organized):

EPIQ CoNEXT 2018 :
https://conferences2.sigcomm.org/co-next/2018/#!/epiqprogram
EPIQ SIGCOMM 2020 :
https://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2020/workshop-epiq.html
QUIPS NDSS 2020 :
https://www.ndss-symposium.org/ndss2020/cfp-quips-workshop/

Papers should be no more than 6 pages (excluding references) in 2-column,
10pt ACM format.
Posters should be no more than 2 pages (excluding references) in 2-column,
10pt ACM format.

All submissions will be reviewed double-blind.

More information and submission details can be found at
https://epiq21.github.io
For additional questions, please contact [email-masked] directly.

-- 

dr. Robin Marx
Postdoc researcher - Web protocols
Expertise centre for Digital Media

*Cellphone *+32(0)497 72 86 94

www.uhasselt.be
Universiteit Hasselt - Campus Diepenbeek
Agoralaan Gebouw D - B-3590 Diepenbeek
Kantoor EDM-2.05