Subject: [feedback-report] ARF and MIME attachments
From: "Damon Sauer" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:57:48 -0400
List-Id: Public forum for discussion on the feedback-report draft <abuse-feedback-report.mipassoc.org>

Hi all! Sorry I'm late! (nods to my friends and handshakes all around)

I have been reading the archives as quickly as I can and noticed the latest
issue was over MIME.

I can understand both sides of the argument and I agree that some company
that shall remain nameless really did us a disservice by trying to render
EVERYTHING in an envelope even if it was not supposed to. </soapbox>

Why not just use: "Content-Type: multipart/digest;" (ref=
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc1341/7_2_Multipart.html )

It defaults the entire message to: message/rfc22

You can put the different parts of the complaint into their own capsule for
people reading with a MIME enabled reader - there by rendering it 'safe'...
and it would also follow a nice format for automated/programmatic
readers/scripts to parse.

Just a thought....

Regards,
Damon Sauer