Subject: [marf] implementation stats

From: "J.D. Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 10:04:21 -0600

There are about a dozen known feedback generators, and I know of (but can't yet talk about) nearly a dozen more which are still in process or otherwise hidden from public view.

Across the complaint feedback loops that Return Path operates on behalf of various mailbox providers, there are 19320 unique domain names (RHS) in the email addresses that the reports are sent to.  Each of these has gone through a manually-initiated subscription process as described in draft-jdfalk-marf-acceptance-criteria.  I don't know how many use the same ARF-reading code, or indeed any ARF-reading software at all.

ARF and the mail complaint feedback loop concept are new to the IETF, and have been sorely in need of documentation for years, but they're not new to the mail operator community at large.  These are established practices, and should not undergo drastic changes lightly.

---

From: "Alex Bobotek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 16:05:11 -0700

Since the Maastricht meeting, I've proposed to OMA a revised MIME
structure for the OMA SpamRep working group to facilitate convergence
with MARF.  So far, it has been 'agreed' by the OMA SpamRep activity,
which means it is now an approved part of the draft OMA SpamRep spec,
but the spec isn't final.  

I'd like to ask for comments from IETF MARF.  I'm in Budapest now
attending an OMA meeting in which this may be discussed.

Basically this defines two multipart/report MIME structures: a simple
format for a single spam report, and a complex one for combining
multiple spam reports in a single message.   This is formally described
in the attached Word document.  

Thanks in advance,

Alex

---

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 21:10:52 -0400

That is definitely closer to MARF but I don't see that much detail on
what actually goes into section 2.

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Alex Bobotek <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> marf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/marf
>
>