Subject: RE: Alternative to TXT or new RR was: Comments on draft-ietf-marid-core-01 xml use

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:18:51 -0700

> Edward Lewis
> The TXT RR is used by ISC's dhcpd to record client
> identities in DNS. I haven't been able to track
> this back to any DHCP specification.

Is TXT RR the one for the domain itself or is there one per host? If the
later, I don't see any conflict. Could you post an example?

Michel.

---

From: Markus Stumpf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 21:55:24 +0200

> later, I don't see any conflict. Could you post an example?

A receiving MTA cannot find out whether the RHS side of the @ in an
email address is a host or a (sub-)domain. Just think
     arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
     sacramento.ca.us
     ca.us

	\Maex

-- 
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299
"The security, stability and reliability of a computer system is reciprocally
 proportional to the amount of vacuity between the ears of the admin"