Subject: Reminder: three posts daily limit

From: Greg Connor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:15:49 -0700

I'm going to use my third post of the day to remind people (again):
PLEASE don't post more than three times a day.

Many of us have limited time to spend on keeping up with MARID posts, and 
we would like to participate in the conversation as well.  Also, if a 
thread is going back and forth between the same two or three people, those 
participants need to make sure they have stated their own points clearly, 
then step back and let the rest of the group comment on the subject.

I will also suggest that if we can try to focus on what we agree on, rather 
than what we disagree on, we will probably find that our ideas are very 
close and compatible and the differences are minor.

Also, remember that the best way to win support for an idea is usually to 
state your idea clearly and say why you believe it.  If you are focusing on 
disagreeing with someone else's ideas, you are taking the attention away 
from your own.  I would much rather read a few paragraphs that state a 
particular position than wade through four layers of who-said-what.  If you 
think your point is important enough, take the time to write a few 
paragraphs that can stand alone.

Thanks
gregc

--
Greg Connor <[email-masked]>