Subject: RE: Sender ID and CSV are complimentary (long - sorry) (was: Unified SPF overlaps with CSV)

From: "Sauer, Damon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:17:25 -0500

>> Granted the fact that it's a
>> well run MTA doesn't prove that forged messages or spam won't pass 
>> through it, but in the world we live in a very small proportion of 
>> unwanted mail is originated from well-run MTAs, so reputation at that

>> level certainly seems valuable.

>I have in my notes an interesting tidbit from the MAAWG meeting in DC:
Carl Hutzler of AOL said that >70% of spam comes >>through the mail 
>servers of ISPs.

>-andy

 I will have to disagree with AOL.
 I am not affiliated with this service at all, but if you go to
http://www.senderbase.org and just take a quick glance, you will see
that most spam comes directly from ISP client accounts whose providers
have not closed port 25.

Regards,
Damon Sauer

*****
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. 113