Subject: Revised draft-crocker-mail-arch

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 09:24:29 +0700

Folks,

(ietf-mxcomp bcc'd, but discussion should be pursued on ietf-smtp
mailing list.)

I have submitted a new version of the Internet Mail Architecture I-D.
You can access a version at:

    <http://brandenburg.com/specifications/draft-crocker-mail-arch-01.html>

It has significant changes, notably including:

> Actors:

> Addition of the User/Relay/Provider construct of actors. Labeling of
> these roles has also been added to the tables showing architectural
> function. The distinction of Actors, versus architectural system
> components, is not typical for discussions of email. Therefore it is
> likely that the construct needs refinement. In particular, please
> review the table assignments.

> MDA/MS/MUA:

> The construct of the Message Store has been added. This change is
> intended to reflect the consensus view from online discussion,
> rather than being the editor's view, which has in any event
> changed... However it is likely that it will need significant
> revision or replacement. Please review it carefully!

> Message Identifiers:

> Discussion of message identifiers has been added to the section on
> Email Identities.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:[email-masked]>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <http://www.brandenburg.com>
 Sunnyvale, CA  USA <tel:+1.408.246.8253>, <fax:+1.866.358.5301>