Subject: consensus statement on CSV

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 14:31:21 -0400

Regarding the CSV proposal:

1) The co-chairs feel that most participants of the MARID working group 
understand that there are semantic and operational differences between 
the CSV proposal and the Sender-ID proposal.

2) The co-chairs observe that there is no working group consensus to 
incorporate CSV semantics into the Sender-ID proposal.

3) The co-chairs find that there is working group consensus to continue 
the work on CSV and it is their judgment that CSV work be addressed 
once Sender-ID is in working group last call.

-andy

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 07:52:17 +0800

Andrew,

AN> Regarding the CSV proposal:

 thanks!

d/

ps.  procedural question:  are the chair comfortable with the CSV
team's continuing to issue updates, in spite of CSV working group
focus being deferred until marid-core is last-called?  I ask this due
the high likelihood that new versions will generate mailing list
traffic.

--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:[email-masked]>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <http://www.brandenburg.com>
 Sunnyvale, CA  USA <tel:+1.408.246.8253>, <fax:+1.866.358.5301>

---

From: Marshall Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 17:19:51 -0700

> the high likelihood that new versions will generate mailing list

i think it would be fine for the csv design team to continue to refine 
their specifications; however, in order to help the working group -- as 
a whole focus -- the co-chairs ask that csv-related emails be minimal 
on the mailing list for a few weeks.

thanks!

/mtr

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 07:16:08 +0800

Marshall,

R> i think it would be fine for the csv design team to continue to refine
MR> their specifications; however, in order to help the working group -- as
MR> a whole focus -- the co-chairs ask that csv-related emails be minimal
MR> on the mailing list for a few weeks.

OK.  Thanks.

d/