Subject: apology to matthew

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 10:42:54 +0800

Folks,

I completely overreacted to Matthew's reference to Doug's MAPS
background, and thereby misinterpreted it.

Only after posting my response did I re-read his note more carefully
and realize that he was highlighting a perspective for analyzing CSV,
rather than in any way calling Doug's position into question.

Indeed, CSV is very much intended to flow from existing
blacklist/whitelist practise among providers. So Matthews' observation
was both natural and appropriate.

I won't blame my note on my limited Internet access, or on the effects
of the sun, surf or arak, the potent, distilled rice-wine they have
over here.

I was simply too defensive.

Apologies to Matthew and to the list.

d/
----- 
 Dave Crocker <mailto:[email-masked]>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <http://www.brandenburg.com>
 Sunnyvale, CA USA <tel: +1.408.246.8253>; <fax: +1.408.850.1850>