Subject: Two Minor Points On MARID CORE Draft 02

From: "Daryl Odnert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:33:11 -0700

Jim, Meng,

Page 5: The draft says:

MTAs performing the Sender ID check as part of receiving a message SHOULD
reject...

and

The result is that corner cases may result in messages of questionable
deliverability, but they will never result in an MTA doing MARID checks ...

Are the terms "Sender ID check" and "MARID check" being used
interchangeably?  Perhaps the document be more explicit about what these
terms mean?

Page 5.  In Sections 5.1, 5.4, and 5.5, I suggest dropping the word
"anti-spam" when discussing the additional scrutiny that may be applied to
messages that do not get a Pass or Fail result from the Sender ID test.  I
think its sufficient to say that messages receiving a certain result may be
given heightened scrutiny without saying exactly what type of scrutiny will
be performed.  Or at least, let's make it clear that spam probability
analysis is just one example of the type of scrutiny that may be applied.

Regards,
Daryl Odnert
Tumbleweed Communications
Redwood City, California