Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-marid-protocol-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:39:53 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MTA Authorization Records in DNS Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The SPF Record Format and Sender-ID Protocol
	Author(s)	: M. Wong, M. Lentczner
	Filename	: draft-ietf-marid-protocol-03.txt
	Pages		: 42
	Date		: 2004-9-16
	
This document defines a protocol for the authorization of Internet
   hosts to use domain names in the sender mailbox of mail that those
   hosts send.  Authorization records are published in DNS for domain
   names that may be used as part of sender mailboxes.  Mail receivers
   then perform a check against those records to see if a client host
   submitting a piece of mail is actually authorized.  Since there are
   several different concepts of sender mailbox, this protocol is
   generic and can be applied to one or more of such "scopes".

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-marid-protocol-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-marid-protocol-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-marid-protocol-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.