Subject: TECH-ERROR (-core): misuse of Resent- fields

From: Tony Finch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 10:31:20 +0100

Secttion 7.2 recommends a use of the Resent-From: header field in direct
contradiction to RFC 2822, which describes how those fields are currently
used.

Tony.
-- 
f.a.n.finch  <[email-masked]>  http://dotat.at/
COLWYN BAY TO THE MULL OF GALLOWAY INCLUDING THE ISLE OF MAN: EAST 3 OR 4.
FAIR. GOOD. SLIGHT.

---

From: Roy Badami <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 23:28:07 +0100

>>>>> "Tony" == Tony Finch <[email-masked]> writes:

    Tony> Secttion 7.2 recommends a use of the Resent-From: header
    Tony> field in direct contradiction to RFC 2822, which describes
    Tony> how those fields are currently used.

Arguably that's a DOC-BUG.  Arguably the best way to rsolve this is
for Sender ID to explicitly update RFC2822 in this respect.

    -roy