Subject: RE: In support of Sender ID

From: "Leon Rishniw" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 11:22:16 -0700

> I quote from the most recent instance of this behavior, to which I
> responded:
> 
> "As a supporter of both commercial and opensource software 
> models, Cloudmark does not see any issue with the Sender ID 
> IPR license with"
> 
> US corporate law not withstanding, Cloudmark is not an individual.

My posting is specifically a response to corporate IPR issues and there
are substantially different issues the applicability of the Sender ID
licensing terms for companies, individuals and the opensource community,
I consider it important that all entities are represented to a managed
extent in this discussion.

-leon

---

From: "Mark C. Langston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 11:27:58 -0700

> extent in this discussion.

So you aren't posting as an individual?

-- 
Mark C. Langston            GOSSiP Project          Sr. Unix SysAdmin
[email-masked]   http://sufficiently-advanced.net    [email-masked]
Systems & Network Admin      Distributed               SETI Institute
http://bitshift.org       E-mail Reputation       http://www.seti.org

---

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:04:03 -0400

> So you aren't posting as an individual?

Its not worth arguing over on the list. People and companies are free to 
express their opinions. Remember that Apache's opinion is coming on 
behalf of the organization.

Yakov