Subject: Existing implementation of SPF1 for Exchange 2000?

From: "Gordon Fecyk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:01:36 -0500

I know Meng and crew went nuts developing a stack of libraries to support SPF
v1 (yes v1, the same thing that AOL's using to check incoming mail).  I'd
like to know if someone's developed an event sink for Exchange 2000 or 2003
yet among that stack.

I refer to event sinks because these seem to be the favoured way to act on
SMTP events on Exchange 2K.  You can trigger an event during a RFC 2821
conversaion or after the message is received, and in the case of receiving
after the fact it can trigger a VBS script.

A really clever add-on could even automatically insert records into the DNS
through dynamic update when the Exchange server starts.

What would really impress me further is a replacement routing DLL for
Exchange 5.5.

And no, I don't have the time to code all this, not anymore anyway.

-- 
PGP key (0x0AFA039E): <http://www.pan-am.ca/[email-masked]>
Sometimes it's hard to tell where the game ends and where reality bites,
er, begins. <http://vmyths.com/resource.cfm?id=50&page=1>

---

From: Meng Weng Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:10:38 -0400

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 11:01:36AM -0500, Gordon Fecyk wrote:
| 
| I know Meng and crew went nuts developing a stack of libraries to support SPF
| v1 (yes v1, the same thing that AOL's using to check incoming mail).  I'd
| like to know if someone's developed an event sink for Exchange 2000 or 2003
| yet among that stack.

does http://sourceforge.net/projects/spf-event-sink/ count?

---

From: James Couzens <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:20:31 -0700

> like to know if someone's developed an event sink for Exchange 2000 or 2003

As Meng has apparently already pointed out there is one available.  It
would be prudent to review the downloads page @
http://spf.pobox.com/downloads.html.

> through dynamic update when the Exchange server starts.

I almost give up.  I've rewritten this response several times attempting
to show my displeasure at finding (what I perceive to be) such an
exceptionally bad idea being expressed on this list (yes I know by now I
should be used to it (*COUGH* XML IN DNS *COUGH*)).  But I'll give it a
whirl anyways.  Are you referring to dynamically updating an
authoritative name server or a private internal one merely using the DNS
server as a database?

Cheers,

James

-- 
James Couzens,
Programmer
                                                     ( ( (      
      ((__))         __\|/__        __|-|__        '. ___ .'    
       (00)           (o o)          (0~0)        '  (> <) '    
---nn-(o__o)-nn---ooO--(_)--Ooo--ooO--(_)--Ooo---ooO--(_)--Ooo---
http://libspf.org -- ANSI C Sender Policy Framework library
http://libsrs.org -- ANSI C Sender Rewriting Scheme library
-----------------------------------------------------------------
PGP: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7A7C7DCF

---

From: wayne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 00:29:17 -0500

> like to know if someone's developed an event sink for Exchange 2000 or 2003

See: http://www.michaelbrumm.com/smtpspffilter.html

Also:  http://www.pamho.net/source/

-wayne

---

From: wayne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 00:26:54 -0500

> like to know if someone's developed an event sink for Exchange 2000 or 2003

See: http://www.pamho.net/source/

-wayne