Subject: A Note of Appreciation

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:55:22 -0400

I just wanted to thank Andy Newton, Marshall Rose and Ted Hardie for 
doing a lot of hard work and for putting up with all of us. While it is 
unfortunate that we could not produce something tangible, it has been a 
fun ride.

Yakov

---

From: wayne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:34:38 -0500

In <[email-masked]> Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]> writes:

> I just wanted to thank [...]

I decided not to send my first reply to the "MARID to close" thread,
it was far too caustic.  It did, however, contain the following
thanks:

I would like to thank Andy Newton for his work as co-chair.  He has
worked very hard to try to keep things on target.  Andy did actual
research into the effectiveness of the PRA and SPF, something that a
chair is not required to do.

I would also like the many participants here who dug up actual data
and facts, the basis of which all engineering is done.  Yakov
Shafranovich and Margret Olson immediately jump to mind, but I know
I'm missing some people.  I would like to thank Meng, Mark and Eric
for their work on the drafts.

-wayne

---

From: Hadmut Danisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 00:58:04 +0200

...and I'd like to thank Yakov Shafranovich 
who indeed did good, fair and honest work. I do appreciate
that way of work.

regards
Hadmut

---

From: "John Glube" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 18:57:26 -0400

I simply wish to add a bit to Yakov's comments. 

Andy, Marshall and Ted did a lot of hard work and I am
personally grateful for their effort, wisdom and patience.

Although this group did not achieve its final objective, a
lot of effort was put in by all and at least on my part,
valuable lessons have been learned. 

I add that we do have two sets of experimental
specifications to work on. These experimental standards can
now be field tested and further refined, ultimately
allowing a formal standard to emerge.

John

John Glube
Toronto, Canada

The FTC Calls For Sender Authentication
http://www.learnsteps4profit.com/dne.html

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.766 / Virus Database: 513 - Release Date: 17/09/2004

---

From: Margaret Olson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:13:55 -0400

>for their work on the drafts.
You are welcome! And I appreciated your contribution as well - you are 
always focused on the problem at hand rather than the many peripheral 
issues.

Margaret.