Subject: [Masque] New draft on Transport Consideration for MASQUE IP/UDP flow relaying

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 13:58:04 +0000

Hi WG,

We have written a draft that review the IP/UDP headers to determine what e2e
transport impact we have in the relaying of the flows. 

Abstract:

   The HTTP Connect method uses back-to-back TCP connections to and from
   a proxy.  Such a solution takes care of many transport aspects as
   well as IP Flow related concerns.  With UDP and IP proxying on the
   other hand, there are several per-packet and per-flow aspects that
   need consideration to preserve the properties of end- to-end IP/UDP
   flows.  The aim of this document is to highlight and provide
   solutions for these issues related to UDP and IP proxying.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-westerlund-masque-transport-issues/

The draft is maintained in this github repository if you want to contribute or
provide input on issues:

https://github.com/gloinul/draft-westerlund-masque-transport-issues

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Networks, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------