Subject: [Masque] HTTP/3 Datagram Design Discussions

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 16:27:22 -0700

Hi MASQUE enthusiasts,

Thanks everyone for the great discussion at the interim yesterday. As
promised, I've filed GitHub issues to continue that conversation, roughly
one issue per slide. I think these are the important architectural points
that we need to decide on before we figure out the encoding:

#41
<https://github.com/ietf-wg-masque/draft-ietf-masque-h3-datagram/issues/41>:
2-layer design
#44
<https://github.com/ietf-wg-masque/draft-ietf-masque-h3-datagram/issues/44>:
mechanism to register (header vs message)
#43
<https://github.com/ietf-wg-masque/draft-ietf-masque-h3-datagram/issues/43>:
ability to reject registrations
#42
<https://github.com/ietf-wg-masque/draft-ietf-masque-h3-datagram/issues/42>:
unidirectional vs bidirectional
#45
<https://github.com/ietf-wg-masque/draft-ietf-masque-h3-datagram/issues/45>:
assuming the 2-layer design, is the context ID optional?

Please comment on the issues, let's keep the conversation going and reach a
resolution on these!

Thanks,
David